Chapter 2: Answers

Chapter 2: Answers

A Chapter by Dead Angel
"

Serena's questions are answered

"

It’s a little past midnight and Serena is sitting on a big brown leather armchair. The mansion overlooks a forest that is illuminated by the moonlight. She stares out from big bay windows at the view as she sips her cup of blood. She was hesitant of doing such an act but she later learned that it was blood that stopped her stomach pains and kept them from coming back.

She awoke from her fainting spell two days ago and has yet to speak to anyone. Ash tried talking to her a few times but each time she was unresponsive. He tried staying as long as he could with her but he kept getting called away. She didn’t know why or what for, but she could care less, all she wanted was to be left alone.

She starts thinking about David and Colleen and how much she misses them. She begins to reminisce about how she and David met; at a gas station of all places. She had just bought a new car and was fumbling with the gas cap when he came to help her. He managed to get it open and even pumped the gas for her. He was almost six feet tall, light brown hair, blue eyes and a smile that made her knees wobble. She gave him her number before she took off and three years later said “I Do” at the altar.

Two years later they had Colleen, sweet, innocent Colleen. She looked like Serena but acted so much like her father. They both had wonderful sense of humors, adventurous, and just brought her endless joy.

It all started coming to an end two months ago when the National Health Department announced that there was an epidemic of a disease they called the Epic Flu. They described it as a much fiercer flu illness and they urged people to take extra precaution.  It wasn’t until about a month ago that they began to contain it, but not before Colleen caught it. They had just begun having a breakthrough on a vaccine but it was not fully tested. They said that the sickness was fatal, especially to children.  She and David stayed with her, never once did they leave her side; unfortunately they caught it.

Just then the door to the room opened and Armand walked in. He walks over to her and pulls up a chair and sits beside her. He looks at but she doesn’t acknowledge him at all.

“This is getting ridiculous Serena.” He says. She still says nothing. “You can’t hide in here forever.”

She lets out a sigh and turns to look at him. Never has he showed any interest in her. Ever since he married her mother and isolated her, they never really had a conversation.

“How long was I asleep after I was turned?” She asks.

“Two weeks.”

“David? Colleen?” She fought to keep tears from falling.

“They died before you were turned, first your daughter then your husband.”

The tears won the battle and she began to sob.

“Serena…” Armand reaches out for her but she pulls away.

“Who turned me?” She said when she got control of the sobs.

“It doesn’t matter now. It’s been done and you must accept it now Serena. You are a vampire.”

She bows her head and stares at the empty cup in her hands. She begins to think of her mother and how she wished she was with her.

“Did mom know? Did she know what you are?” She asked.

“Yes. I told Irene before I asked her to marry me. She said she loved me no matter what I was. I turned her on our honeymoon.”

“If that’s true then how did she die? You said she was killed in a car accident and I don’t think vampires can die so easily.”

Armand contemplated on what to say and he knew that she wasn’t ready to know the truth.

“Right now is not the time for this discussion Serena. Right now we need to get you settled into your room.” He stands up and beckons her to follow.

“How long am I going to stay here?” She asks as she stands up from her chair.

Armand stops at the door and looks over his shoulder. “Indefinitely.” He says as he opens the door.

Serena bows her head in grief as she walks out the room and into the hallway.

Not only have I lost my family, but my freedom as well. She thought.

As they stepped out, Ash and stood beside her. He had been waiting across the hallway for them the entire time. Serena begins to remember the day she met Ash at her mother’s wedding.

They walked down a flight of gothic stairs and down a long hallway. Paintings of men hung on the wall with a woman standing beside them.

“Who are they?” She asked

“Past leaders of the coven.” Ash replied

They came to the end of the hallway and she saw a painting of Armand and Irene. She was so stunned by her mother’s appearance that she doubted it was even her.

Like Serena, her hair was smooth and jet black, her wrinkles had disappeared making her skin smooth and was milky white. She had high cheek bones and wore such a soft expression on her face and her eyes were a light brown. Her mother seemed happy which more than she can say for herself.

“Serena…” Ash beckoned her to the door Armand had opened.

She walked into a Victorian style room with a balcony. The room had bay windows just like Armand’s and there was a table set just off to the right. There were shelves against the wall and she noticed that they were filled with memorabilia from her home. The angel figurine she bought at a garage sale, photos of friends, and all of her favorite books. There was even a photo of her and her mother next to a small table near the four post Queen sized bed. She also saw that her luggage were at the end of the room as well.

“Is it to your liking?” Ash asked

Serena walked over to her luggage and began taking out her clothes. “It’s fine.” She said dryly.

She went over to the walk-in closet and turned on the light to see that it was half empty. One side was made clear for her things while the other already had clothes hanging from it, men’s clothes.

“Whose do those belong to?” She asked

“They’re mine.” Ash said. “This is my room.”

“I thought this was mine.”

“It is. You and Ash will be living here.” Armand said.

“I don’t understand.”

“Serena, you are now Ash’s mate.”

“What are you talking about? His mate?”

“You know what I mean, you are meant to be with Ash, don’t make such a big deal about this.”

“A big deal?” Serena felt her anger pent up.

“Armand, please.” Ash pleaded. He has asked Armand not to push her onto him and to allow her time to absorb all that has happened.

“No Ash, she has to start accepting her new life already, there is no point in fighting it.” Armand gives her a fierce look.

“I just lost the love of my life and you want to give me to another like some sort of mail order bride?!” She was so angry on how insensitive he was being and wondered how the hell her mother could be around such a cold hearted animal.

“Do not raise your voice at me young lady!”

“Don’t talk to me like you’re my father! You’re nothing more than a hideous beast!”

Armand raises his hand to slap her across her face but Ash intercedes by grabbing his arm before he can swing.

“Enough!” The two male vampires growled at each other filling the air with anger and tension. “Don’t you dare touch her.” Ashe warned.

Armand snarled and walked over to the door slamming it on his way out. Ash knew he would be punished for disrespecting the coven leader, but he wouldn’t stand by and allow him to hurt her. They stood in silence for awhile.

“Thank you.” Serena said

“He had no right.” Ash looked at the floor angered by Armand’s attitude toward her.

“Is there another room I can stay in?”

“You can stay here, I’ll stay elsewhere.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.” He walked over to the door and was about to walk out. “Sleep well Serena; let me know if you need anything.” He gently closed the door leaving her alone.

She looks around the room again and sees a picture of her with David and Colleen. She grabs it and walks over and sits on the bed. She remembered that it was taken at the beach where Colleen learned to make her first sand castle and she and David enjoyed a late night picnic at a firework show. She laid her head down on the pillow and cried herself to sleep.



© 2009 Dead Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i thought you did a great job on this storyline is done well... great work!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


love u

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

perfect write

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

593 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 24, 2009
Last Updated on December 25, 2009


Author

Dead Angel
Dead Angel

Weslaco, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! View my page on Poetry Flow Hello! If you are reading this then you either heard about me from a friend or your just browsing. My writing comes fr.. more..

Writing
New Life New Life

A Book by Dead Angel