Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Closedbox

We found a suitable inn for now and Quartina and Celeste decided to stay on the night there. While Celeste was still intrigued by what happened on the laboratory that they went.  He still trying to figure out who is that girl that was tied up on a big inverted cross. It seems that the girl knows Celeste well. Because of that he said to Quartina that they will go to Knowing’s place. Since Knowing is the one that knows almost everything on the world that they are living in and he also thought to visit her foster mother to ask question about who really he is. Quartina didn’t like the plan since Quartina is afraid of Celeste’s foster mother. Celeste’s mother is not really scary but she just loves the cuteness and Quartina and always cuddles her to death. So in the end Quartina gain a phobia on her mother. After the discussion they decided to take a rest and prepare since they are going out tomorrow morning.  Celeste lay down and sleep. While looking on the window and staring at the shining white moon his eyes suddenly close then he fell asleep.  Then Celeste saw another of his dreams but this time it’s more realistic than the others.

 

“What is this??

 

                Celeste looks on around his surrounding and it he saw familiar things but cannot remember what are those then he looks on his arms and they become little. It’s like a child arms and then the body suddenly moves and walks towards an unknown place. Now he understand that somehow he is seeing what is this body is looking at. The body headed to the room and it looks like it was a library. The hall was filled with books and you will see the unreachable ceiling that was surrounded again by lots of books. Then on the center of it there was a girl. When Celeste saw the girl it looks very familiar and then he finally understand it that the girl was the one on her dreams. She is the one that is chained the mature version of that girl. The girl stands up and wave on us.

 

“Celeste over here! *cheerful voice*

“I’m here again…

 

                Celeste was shocked. He realized that he was inside the young him but he just accept and observe. Celeste on the mean time started to observe the surroundings again. Then he saw metal bars and some prison like equipment lying on the whole building. It seems that these children are prisoner or they are captive in here. Then he noticed some laboratory equipment then he finally understood that this place is a laboratory and these children are the test subjects. Then the girl approached the little Celeste and it the word happiness is painted on the little girl face. It seems that the girl is not really sociable and her only friend is the little Celeste. With a long pink hair and a noticeable large ivory horn that it looks like a mammoth tusk and bloody red eyes that girl seems normal in the eyes of Celeste. But because of that looks that is why the girl is always alone and isolated from the others on that institution.

 

“Look! Look! I’ve already read the book that you suggested.

“Oh really? That is nice Cleyrena.

 

                 The two of them started to talk about the contents of the book. They chatter for hours with smile on their faces. They didn’t notice the time because they are really enjoying the time that they are spending together. For captive children like them who ignore their current situation and just focus on the things that they love for now. Then there is an announcement that can be heard all over the facility.

 

*Paging test subject no. 0014 please head to the research platform number 02 I repeat paging test subject no. 0014 please head to the research platform number 02*

 

“It looks like you must go now Cleyrena.

“I’m very sorry.

 

*Another message test subject no. 0013 head to the recreational platform number 03. *

 

“OH! I guess they caught me again.

“What did you do this time Celeste?!

“Well It’s nothing don’t worry about it. then I guess I should head out too. See you again Cleyrena.

“Ah.. See you again too Celeste.

 

 

                With that little Celeste and Cleyrena headed on a different direction.

 

Then the little Cleyerena started to head on the research plarform. The when she saw the front door of the research platform she was welcomed by two scientist that wears the traditional mask and color blue lab coat. As the little girl enters the room she felt the ominous aura that surrounds the whole room. Then she saw the back of his father that emits the hideous aura that she sensed. She feels the fear started to hug her. That fear was crawling from her feet to her neck and tightly squeezing it. Then the Head professor started to glare on her and she feels her heart will burst and then she shouted with all her might. Celeste who is heading towards the recreational area sensed that the little girl was in danger so he hurriedly goes towards the research platform. It seems that the announcement tried to separate the two since the recreational platform is on the opposite side of the research platform but Celeste who muster all his strength and run towards the hallways and climbing down and up the stairs. Ignoring all the guards Celeste paved his own way until he reached the room. As he slams the door open he saw that terrifying creature trying to devour the little girl. It seems that there is an unknown thing that is consuming the head professor and started to control it. As Celeste observes the professor he saw that the left arm was severely consumed and he thinks that spot is the source of the problem. But he cannot move his legs because of the fear and the aura that the professor is emitting right now. The feeling of being pressured and the weight of the aura that wants you to bow down Celeste is being crucified on the floor right now. Then the Older Celeste started to cheer the little Celeste even though he knows that he cannot hear him. he still gives his best to cheer.

 

“Hey Move!! Little Celeste if you are me then you must MOVE!! COME ON!! Move that body of yours.

 

 After murmuring his plan and mustered his courage Celeste suddenly ran towards the professor. The professor started to raise his right arm and ready to attack Celeste. Then Celeste dashes and slide on the ground while dodging the arms and enter the space between the Professor’s legs. Then he grabs the little girls hand and run out of the room. As they got away, Celeste looked back then he saw that the Head Professor was devouring the two guards that its outside of the room. As he looks away with disgust he does not stop from running and running until they reached the Testing Platform 04 the area where the battle experiments are conducted.

 

“This is the worst day…

“Celeste my arm it hurts…

“Ow! Sorry…

 

                As the little Celeste put down the little girl on the side. The main door just got thrown away and cause some panic on the two of them. A large explosion sends the solid metal door on the wall and the doors smash the wall and leave a giant crack on it. As the smokes cover a giant silhouette that is gradually getting closer and closer. As they heard the roar that will terrify everyone that will hear it and the stomps that sounds like a giant destroying the ground with his might hoofs. 

 

“Are you serious? There is no way that I could fight that thing! And the worst of it, This … IS A F*****G DEAD END!!!

 

                The girl didn’t respond at all. She’s still cuddled by fear and shock. Panic consumes the little girl while Celeste’s legs are shaking. The fear that the consumed professor emit is vast and a two ten year old boy and girl cannot really do something on that kind of situation.

 

*A banging sound*

 

                A banging sound echoed inside the Testing platform. Then the possessed professor stomps on the ground. The stomp just created a small quake that makes Celeste fall on his knees. Then a ferocious shout was heard from the inside of the platform. Celeste saw that the professor is completely consumed by the left arm. Then slowly the image of the professor started to change. It becomes more hideous and covered with filth. Then Celeste noticed the shining part of the left arm. He remembered that he saw something on the research facility that resembles the gem that is shining on the professor’s left arm.  Celeste recalled it, it was a hand that was covered with white cloth with some in scriptures on it and it was chained on a small crucifix and there was a pike that condemn it.

 

*Growling sound*

 

                The possessed professor becomes a Soulless madman now. Uncontrollable undeniable as he wreaks the testing platform with all his might.

 

“I guess there’s no choice now but to protect her.

 

                Celeste tightens his resolve and put all his strength by standing and raising the sword that he picks on the room. As he charged the professor he was easily countered and was slammed on the wall and as he slides against the wall and fall on the ground.  Celeste mustered all his strength just to stand up but taking that kind of damage would leave a normal being on the slaughter house. Still after taking that kind of damage Celeste is unable to move and the mad professor is heading towards Celeste. As the professor raised his fist and started to pummel Celeste on the ground a large spear suddenly strikes the body of the mad professor. The spear pierced the professor heart in an instant and leave it condemn on the ground. As a rugged coated man appears from the wrecked ceiling of the testing platform he check first of the professor is dead. Then when he clarified that it was dead he pulls his mighty spear and the body of the professor started to turn into dust and slowly being swept on the anxious wind that blew inside the room. The man in coat didn’t realize that the left arm is still intact and hurriedly go to Celeste and tend his wounds. While tending the little boys wounds Cleyerena on the other hand is still on panic. She is still mortified by what happened the fear was embracing her and little by little an ominous aura started to clasp her. With that the left arm found a chance and tried to devour Cleyrena as its next target covered in fear Cleyrena become an easy target. Without being noticed the arm started to control the little Cleyrena’s body and in a blink of an eye.

 

*Sound of a body being pierced*

 

                Blood gushes. As the little Cleyrena pierced the heart of the man that saved them from the dark.  as the man’s blood flows on the dusty and cracked floor. As Celeste stared while Cleyrena pull her arms. When he saw the body of the man fall and bath in his own blood a voice suddenly speaks within Celeste.

 

“Are you scared? Are you afraid to die? The one that will kill you right now is the girl you loved so much. What will you do?

 

                As the controlled Cleyrena glared at him. As her shadow become bigger and bigger the only thing that Celeste can do is to stand up and accept what is waiting for him. When Celeste stand Cleyrena sliced his left arm in a blink of an eye. The blood gushes out of the hand as it fly on the air. Celeste is being forced on a cliff now and the only he can do is to defend himself with his right hand. Then in an instant she pierced Celeste’s stomach with her left arm. The sound of internal organs snapping one by one echoed inside the room as the little girl twist her arms inside. Then the girl grabs one of it and is trying to pull it out and the little girl pulls out Celeste’s intestine. With his one eyes closed and his stuttering voice Celeste speak in a slow and modest manner.

 

“That hurts you know pulling that thing. Becoming tainted with blood I don’t want you to be tainted with it.

 

                With that words Celeste tried to smash the reddish gem that was on the left arm of Cleyrena. It seems that the gem becomes weaker because of the attack that the man in rugged cloth did back then. The gem shattered and Celeste easily pulled out the hand that possessed Cleyrena. The girl becomes free from the corruption of the hand. Her consciousness returns seeing Celeste with hole on his stomach and missing a left hand. They just stare at each other as Celeste falls on the abyss. While Cleyrena fall on her knees as she recollect the things that she has done. As Celeste gradually falls into his demise he saw everything in slow motion. The lights on the laboratory the glass window and some of the air-conditioning machines then little by little Celeste’s vision has been devoured by darkness.

 

“Waaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

 

                The feeling of falling down Celeste feet started to stretch and contract as he shouted. It seems that his body feels the momentum of falling down. He was awakened by it covered with cold sweat. As the moonlight shines on the little vase with only a single flower on it he stares on it. Then he wipes his sweat with his right arm and ponders under the moonlight. His dreams started to become more real and it seems that all of it was connected. Since he cannot remember his past he questions everything from the beginning. Yet he cannot find an answer to those questions lingering on his head. Then suddenly there is a little girl opened the door on Celeste’s room. Celeste’s eyes are still blurry because of what happened. He was shocked of what he saw entering his room. He visualize the little girl as little Cleyrena from his dreams.  As the little girls walk towards him he rubs his two eyes again and sees a familiar face. It was Quartina who entered the room.

 

“What’s with that look? Is there a problem visiting you at this hour?

“Nothing.. I guess I was tired and hallucinating things.

“Hmm.. you look pale are you really alright?

“Don’t worry… I am fine

“I just sense something wrong so hurried in here.

 

                With that Celeste just smile and started to tease Quartina again.

 

“So you are worried about me?

“Its not that…. I am… worried about you! You know I just…

“Just??!

“I just….. Just….

“I cannot hear it…

“Just….  Waah!! Its nothing!! Sleep already idiot!!

 

                Quartina exit the room and close the door in a violent way. She just walks towards her room while murmuring something. Celeste in the other hand just looks up in the sky and stared at the beautiful moon while thinking of the girl on his dreams.



© 2013 Closedbox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on November 10, 2013
Last Updated on November 10, 2013
Tags: Action, Romance, Humor, Fiction, Adventure


Author

Closedbox
Closedbox

Valenzuela, Metro Manila, Philippines



About
I'm just a psychopat who loves to write interesting stories... more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Closedbox


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Closedbox


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Closedbox