Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Closedbox
"

Chapter 7 of Celestial Diaries

"

 


                              -Crowing Illustration-








               Sky turns red and covers the whole Draconus in an instant. Then there is something like a large rock that is shooting from the ground upwards it was so big that you can see that it was being thrown far away. Then the red clouds started to shed tears of blood. Little by little as the red raindrops falls on the ground you will see ripples that is being created. Then the watery ground that reflected Celeste’s unprintable face. The air started to accumulate the stench of decay and the trees started to rot. The grasses and flowers suddenly turns red and the little swamp near them turned into a blood pool that become more reddish when the red sun shines on it. Then Celeste’s voice echoed on the battlefield. As Celeste’s casted some words the ground started to tremble and a little pool of blood was created in front of him. Then in that pool of blood a huge and eerie bloody sword is slowly ascending from the it.

 

“As I call you, the one who massacre the maiden’s heart. As you decapitate her body and then torture her soul. As you succumb to the carnage and subjugate all the things in front of you. Show me your fangs and lay waste to this rotten world!...  Bloodlust!

 

                As Lazarus sensed the power that is being emitted by that sword he didn’t waste time thinking and started to attack Celeste just to prevent the sword from being summoned completely.

 

“That sword just like that last time.

 

                With that he rushed and hold his katana forward making his most powerful stance. When he was in front of Celeste but Celeste is still not finished summoning the sword. Lazarus just smiled for a moment and then he twists the katana and pierce the sword and Celeste in a circular way. Then a familiar being showed up and block the attack that makes a giant spark as it landed on the giant hammer that the girl is holding. It was Quartina in her mature form that blocked the attack. She pushed Lazarus for a moment with her brute strength.

 

“Owww… What a surprise to see something like you in this age…

“Well…

 

                Then Quartina suddenly feels the chills as Celeste who is covered with rage started to speak in back of her.

 

“Get away from here…

 

                With that Celeste shoved her. Quartina become frozen like a glass statue. The fear that enveloped her was too strong she cannot even speak a word. Her voice suddenly gone and her knees suddenly shake. Then Celeste removed his hands and moves forward Quartina fall on her knees with a face that is like seen something unimaginable. As Celeste moves forward and Lazarus still smiles without a sigh of terror on his face.

 

“Come on!! I’m here…

 

                Lazarus still has the guts to joke around. Since its not the first time that he saw Celeste in this state. They both fight each other and Celeste falls on the state that he is in. Lazarus still provoking Celeste then suddenly Celeste vanished in front of him. Lazarus become tired of it and when he sensed that Celeste is going to show up again he readied his katana. Celeste showed himself again and Lazarus attack him but it was blocked by Celeste’s left hand. Celeste catches the katana with his bare hand. Then Lazarus tried to pull it out but he cannot. Celeste move his head forward and stuck it in front of Lazarus face. Then with a emotionless face and a blank eyes Celeste smiled in front of Lazarus face and break his katana by using only his bare hands. Lazarus started to fall back and when he looks at Celeste. Celeste on the other hand is still standing and then on the blink of an eye Celeste just pop out in front of Lazarus and swiftly slashed Lazarus with Bloodlust that he was holding. Lazarus managed to block it by using his right hand. The relic that he possessed is the “Right hand of the Gods” The attacked made by Celeste made some cracks on the relic but it didn’t destroy it at all. Lazarus started to fall back again but this time he felt the fear and it slowly embrace him.

 

“What the?. What is this feeling…

 

                Lazarus managed to escape but Celeste is still standing and preparing to attack him. Then with creepy movements Celeste rushes to Lazarus with an amazing speed and started hacking Lazarus while on the other hand Lazarus can only evade the attacks since his weapon was destroyed. With random slash attacks by Celeste put Lazarus in the edge. Then Celeste slashed a tiny part of Lazarus cheeks and arms. Then blood suddenly drops on those spots. Lazarus who is in the verge of life and death activated his relic. The cloth bandage that is covering it was removed and an eerie aura started to arouse from the hand. While Celeste is still far Lazarus started to place his palm on the ground and chanted some words. Then little by little the ground started to become soft and it becomes a dark pool of mud. Then inside the muddy pit skeleton soldiers started to rise. It seems that Lazarus can call the soul of the dead and use them as minions to do his bidding. While the skeleton is still halfway through Celeste on the other hand started to smashed the ground and pull out the coffins that is used as a container for his weapons. Then he pulled out the Lohengrin and then shoots the muddy pit. The blast was too strong that in annihilates any traces of the muddy pit in a single strike. Then he suddenly drops the Lohengrin making a dust cloud as it falls. The he headed straight to Lazarus. Celeste slashed again Lazarus but this time he sliced of Lazarus left hand.

 

“This is crazy… I might die in here…

 

                Little by little the fear consumed Lazarus after seeing what Celeste can do when he is in that kind of state. He is now thinking if he will leave and escape this place or he will fight until death. Since Lazarus still had pride on himself he decided to fight and then he uses his last weapon. He just summon his Scythe and being the counterattacking Celeste. The two of them clash their weapon and slashes every part of their body from limbs to shoulder. After using his own trump card Lazarus is still overpowered by Celeste in both strength and agility. So Lazarus decided to fall back for now. As they fight he lured Celeste on a wide area. After that he released a black miasma and tried to escape from Celeste. Then after jumping high enough and ready to disappear Lazarus was shocked on what happened. There are four chains suddenly rise from the miasma and started chasing him. He dodge it but the chains number started increasing and then his left foot was caught then a swarm of chains started to constrict his movements by binding his arms, legs and body that it looks like the chains are swallowing him alive. Celeste caught Lazarus at that time but there is voice that echoed inside his head.

 

“Stop this… Please…

                A familiar voice suddenly ran through Celeste’s head. As if it was crying and making him to stop. The voice is calling for him many times but because Celeste’s eyes were clouded with rage he cannot hear it at all. Then after trying for so many times the voice suddenly reached Celeste’s heart and tells him to stop what he is doing. Celeste stops for the moment at that time and Lazarus saw that the chains started to weaken and he was set loose. Then after that he escaped by vanishing into thin air. Meanwhile on the other side of the city there are two ladies that were surrounded by mean looking soldiers. It seems that they stopped the soldiers from carrying a coffin.

 

“Nah… this is what we are looking for right? “Knowing”.

“How troublesome! You know that I hate going outside “Crowing”.

 

                There are around twelve soldiers that were surrounding them. Each of them holds a broadsword and a shield that is use for defending themselves. They are also covered with steel armor and equipped with some enhancing accessories. As they draw their swords and started to prepare an attack on the two ladies. A sudden chills covered their spines and a cold wind blew all over the place. Then in a quick flash all of the soldiers was seen lying on the ground.

 

“Oh my.. what did you do Knowing!!

 

                Smoke started to arise from Knowing’s head and she pointed Crowing with his finger.

 

“What did I do? What did I do?!! you are the one who knocks them down and you are asking we what did I do?!!

“Don’t take it seriously it was a joke… a joke okay.. *chuckles*

“Stop joking and check the packages.

“Why so serious! *Pout her cheeks*

 

                As they finished arguing and they approached the coffin that was carried by the soldiers. As they opened the lid of the coffin they were shocked by seeing the contents of the package. The coffin was empty. There are no hidden storage or anything it’s like a decoy to lure them out.

 

“Tsk! It’s a decoy damn.

“I told you this is a waste of time Crowing!

“It’s all because of you Knowing!

“Huh?!!

“You were hesitant to go outside. We waste time just for convincing you to come out.

“Huh?! Then now it’s my fault that we are outsmarted?!

“Yes!!

“What the?! Its not even related! Even if we go here early it’s still a decoy!

“Ehhh!!! Its your fault! Your fault! Your fault!

“Hayss… *Sigh*

“So what we will gonna do now Knowing?

“Hmmm… I guess will go back to-

 

                The two suddenly paused for a moment. They stopped like that they sense something evil something scary something devious arouses.  It was then when Knowing realizes that Celeste is the cause of it.  The immense power that Celeste exerted because of his rampaging was detected by the her and they hurriedly go to look on what just happened. After jumping and running they saw it the bloody battlefield. Enormous dark miasma was scattered. Dead bodies on the ground and they saw Celeste in the middle of it. Crowing saw Quartina who reverted back into his child form. Then she also saw Celeste standing on the middle not moving at all. She approached Quartina and started asking her question but Quartina cannot speak even a single word. Her mouth is still shaking from what she saw. Then without a choice Crowing approach Celeste who is in the middle of barren wasteland. Celeste sensed someone was approaching him and started to berserk again. He shouted loud as if he was a beast that is been cut loose. He didn’t notice that Crowing was the one who approached him that time. Crowing who is now being attack by Celeste started to counter attack Celeste. Her eyes started to become just like a dragon that was ready to eat her prey. Her murderous intent rises as you can see the change on her face. Then Crowing landed thirty four hits before Celeste can attack then she ended the attack with an uppercut leaving Celeste unconscious on the ground.

 

“Ten Ten Ten Ten Ten!!! *sounds of a bell on a boxing fight* Knock Out! And the winner is the beautiful girl on the Red Corner.

“…. *unconscious*

“You’re too early to take me on my idiotic son…

 

                Knowing on the other hand helps Quartina stands up. She casted some spell that makes her calm for a bit. Knowing carry Quartina on her shoulder and when they reached Crowing she was kinda surprised on what happened. She saw that Crowing somehow knocked out Celeste in a flash but Celeste is still conscious and prepare to counterattack.

 

“Crowing watch out!

 

                Crowing was alerted and quickly moves away from Celeste and Knowing summon a small spear that comes out from the big book that she was holding and she swiftly condemned Celeste to the ground by using that spear. Then Quartina who was being carried by Knowing herself suddenly open her eyes. It seems that is someone was using Quartina’s eyes to see what is happening. On the midst of darkness on his throne a man who seeks the spear was watching them through Quartina’s eyes. Covered with black and impurity he just chuckled since he saw what he was looking for a very long time at the hands of the ones that he called in the past as comrades.

 

“what are you doing to my son?

 

                Crowing was shocked since Knowing herself just condemned Celeste on the ground. While Celeste is still struggling little by little his movements become weaker than before. Then in a matter of second he finally becomes unconscious.

 

“Don’t worry that spear causes no wounds. It only seals the ones it condemns.

“Oh really?.. *looks confused*

“So what did you do to him when im gone??. Huh?? CROWING!!

 

                Knowing look Crowing straight in the eye. It seems that Knowing is kinda feeling sorry for Celeste at that moment.

 

“It can’t be helped since he is literally not listening to me…

“How did Celeste manage to get along with you as her foster mother *Sigh*

“Hmmm.. now that you think about it?!!

                Crowing puts her hand on her chin and suddenly rubs it like an old man does when thinking.

 

“I’m not asking you!! Anyways we should go back now. Quartina suffer a lot of trauma.

“Okie Dokie!!

“You carry your child!

“He’s not my child! I don’t have Husband yet not even a BOYFRIEND!!

“You are her Foster Parent remember.. so “HE” is your child.

“Tsk… you cannot even handle single a joke. Why so SERIOUS!!

“Cause we are on a “SERIOUS” matter right now *Sigh* anyways I will prepare the portal you carry them both.

“Ehhhhh!!!

 

                As Knowing chanted some spell a big magic circle appeared on the ground then on the center of it a pentagon outline started to grow bright. As you take a peek inside the circle you will see a silhouette of a gothic style room. As the four of them stands inside the circle the pentagon outline started to break one by one and then they just vanished without a trace.

 

-Inside Knowing’s Mansion

 

                Celeste awake as he was looking on the ceiling of an unknown room. The chandeliers are quite old and the room was spacious. Then he thinks that he was on Knowing’s mansion. Because of the design the paintings and the furniture are all have gothic reference. As he tries to stand up and sat on the bed he saw Crowing and Knowing rushed to his place. Then he saw the worried face of Crowing and Knowing who has a sad face and feeling sorry for him. Crowing also sit on the bed and look at Celeste’s eyes.

 

“It seems that your power has returned and the seals Knowing put cannot hold it anymore. Knowing inspected and it seems that your broken relic becomes fixed.

“Oh… I see so that’s why the sudden surge of power that I felt that time. The power that consumed even my soul…

 

                Crowing hugged Celeste and never let him go. Tears suddenly fall from her eyes as she complains about how reckless Celeste can be. For a foster mother who doesn’t have any blood relation. She still accept and loved Celeste as her own son. So Crowing was worried and somehow mad because of what Celeste did.

 

“I thought you were a goner back then… if your soul was fully consumed I don’t know if we can take you back again.

“I’m sorry for that…

 

                Then Celeste remembers what happened on Draconus. On the day when Aegina was murdered in front of him when her blood splattered on his face and when Aegina holds his face and said those words. The tears suddenly crawls from his face down towards his neck. Then his neck tightens and the sadness suddenly overwhelms him. The only thing he can do is to cry and cry on Crowing’s lap. Then suddenly as he noticed that there was another person on the bed. Celeste was shocked on what he just saw. He didn’t noticed it at all but when he saw the face of that person his tears suddenly stop and he start smiling like an idiot.

 

“Impossible! Why are you?! You are…. Its Impossible!!

“Come on! Thou look like thou saw a ghost or something.

 

                Then a giant slapping fan suddenly strikes Aegina’s head. It was Crowing who hit Aegina at that moment.

 

“You are a ghost... well technically speaking. Since you are supposed to be dead!

“Well… things happened and I realized that I’m beside Celeste. teheee *Chuckles*

 

                Celeste was quite shocked on what happened. He really don’t know why Aegina who is supposedly to be dead is sitting beside him. Then he looked again at Aegina and he noticed something on her body. It was not completely whole. It was hollowed semitransparent. She really looked like a ghost. Then Knowing explained what the possible scenario that has happened.

 

“She is actually dead right now! But her soul was attached to your left hand. Well you can say that you devour her soul unintentionally.

“But? If I devour her then why she is outside of my hand? Devour soul is supposed to be inside and I can only use their weapons and that’s it…

 

                Knowing started to think deep at this moment. She started looking at the page of the big book that she was carrying.

 

“Well I think she is a rare case. Since even though her soul was devoured she still has the freedom to do things that she wanted to do. To make things clear you can say that she makes your hand as her new body.


                Celeste looks at Aegina with straight eyes. Her eyes are still crimson red and her silver hair is still the same. Celeste still cannot accept what happened at Aegina at that time. At that time Celeste just hugged her tightly. It seems that he can still touch Aegina even with a transparent body.

 

“I’m very sorry for what happened…

“You don’t need to say it…

 

                Then Aegina let go of him and then swing on the air like a ballerina.

 

“Well it seems that I’m getting used to what I’ve become! And I didn’t regret what I’ve done. And if you are thinking about Draconus… the Scarlet Family is still there they will know what to do now that I’m dead.

“Hmp.. you really are something Aegina… thank you.

 

 

                Crowing who looks like she was jealous hit Celeste and Aegina’s head. She didn’t say anything for now but she was calmed now because Celeste awakens. Then Celeste asks Knowing what happened on Quartina. Then Knowing said that Quartina is still sleeping on her room. Knowing also said something on Celeste.

 

“I think we know where they hide the girl that you are finding.

“The girl?! You mean Cleyrena?!!

‘Yes  I think that is her name.

 

                Knowing explain to him the things that they saw back there on the outskirts of Draconus. About those soldiers that was wearing armors created by demons. It seems that the Hell’s Council was involved in this one. Knowing also explains that the girl Cleyrena is really important and might be a main piece on the plan that the Mastermind is planning to do. They still know if it’s bad or not but its bad for Celeste if Cleyrena might die in the process.

 

“So where is Cleyrena right now?.

“They are hiding at the Ars Goetia Plateau.

“That place. That is a part of the Hell’s Council right and its-

“Its one of the 4 great Deva’s place it was owned by Wi-

 

                Then on the midst of the talk a man suddenly appear. Entering the door with his vigorous aura everyone’s attention was drawn on the man that entered. After they confirm who is the man they got surprised. Crowing and Knowing suddenly become upset and started taking defensive stance because of the man that they saw in front of them.  The mood suddenly become abject since the man in front of them has this aura like of a thousand army in his back. Then a black crow suddenly perched on his right shoulders then suddenly that man shows them what he was holding.

 

“Oh… why are you looking at this? You were shocked isn’t it? To think that my hand will find the time to hold this thing right??? Knowing??!

“What the hell are you doing in here? ”Willing”! *Crowing with an angry voice*

 

                In haste Knowing suddenly pull out one of her books that contains the spear that the man is holding right now. She was surprised that the book that was holding the spear is still intact then something unexpected has happened. Knowing was hit by a black cold metal. Knowing try to defend herself but the force still knocks her out and throw her away. The book falls on the feet of Willing then after that crowing suddenly charged in and get the book but she was blocked. Crowing was a bit surprised since the one who blocked her attacks and the one who hit Knowing was no other than Quartina herself. After that Willing pick up the book and then smiled filled with menace. Crowing try to use her speed to take the book back but Quartina outmatched her by using the size of her hammer.

 

“This spear is the key from my plans… soon I will see the” EDEN” mytself.

“EDEN!! That place is not for you “Willing”! *Crowing with a bashful tone*

“Hahaha! With this spear of yours “Knowing” I will open the path to our first homeland and that is “EDEN”!

“You don’t know what you are doing “Willing” I “Knowing” bearer of the Head of God knows everything and I will say that it’s bad for anyone of us to go there.

“Don’t talk to me with poor lies… I know it “EDEN” is the place where GOD first created us and eventually that place is full of things that will make my dream come true.

“You and your wishful thinking.. the name “Willing”  is really suited for you. *Crowing with disgust*

 

                With that Willing kept the book inside his coat and ordered Quartina to do the next phase of the plan. Then Celeste who stands still even with his injuries stopped Quartina for a moment he stared Quartina on the eyes and Quartina looked down.

 

“What are you doing Quartina?! *Celeste said it while holding his stomach*

“I’m sorry.

“Are you betraying us?? Why did you do this?..

 

                On that moment Quartina just shed tears on her face while raising her hammer and slamming it on the ground. Her face was full of sadness and guilt but she still chooses the side of Willing rather than Celeste’s side.

 

*PISTON BREAK*

 

                A banging sound echoed on the castle. As Quartina smashed the floor and smoke exploded inside the room and filled it with dust. A huge hole on the floor that Quartina and Willing used to escape to get out of the castle. Celeste on the other hand just sits because he cannot do anything at that moment. As Quartina said farewell in a mean way then just fled without saying anything.  Knowing who didn’t believe what happened and just stare outside and Crowing who stomped the ground because she was outsmarted by Willing who stole her book from her.



© 2013 Closedbox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Free author website
Before you spend $1000s of dollars, spend 10 hours tinkering on Wordpress, or pay $20 a month for hosting. Try us! FREE

Stats

142 Views
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013
Tags: Action, Romance, Humor, Fiction, Adventure


Author

Closedbox
Closedbox

Valenzuela, Metro Manila, Philippines



About
I'm just a psychopat who loves to write interesting stories... more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Closedbox


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Closedbox


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Closedbox