Dear Soulmate

Dear Soulmate

A Poem by StephT

Dear soulmate, where are you?

When the lights dim and the night is cold, where are your arms? I want to hear your breathing and hold your hand. I want soft and loving touches.

When the sun is bright, the day is new, where do I find you? I have so much to tell you. The things that have happened and last nights dream, it's all bursting to be free. I need someone to listen.

When the wind howls, while the rain falls, where are your words? Your secrets and wishes and regrets are safe with me. I want to hear your voice.

When everything is made of pain, when existing is torture, where are your hands? To stroke my hair or turn the pages of your book. Your company would be nice, just your proximity. I need to be comforted.

When the days rush past, blurring and melding, what's on you schedule? Let's set a date for coffee and slow down a bit. I want to notice every day with you.

When life is good, when everything is golden, where is your laughter? Share your joy with me, we'll make it last. The beauty of now to temper old hurts. I need to know you're happy.

Dear soulmate...

© 2016 StephT


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on January 11, 2016
Last Updated on January 11, 2016

Author

StephT
StephT

OH



About
Just a girl. =) Just looking for a clean spot to keep my writing. Taking part in the 52 stories/52 weeks challenge and I want it all in one spot. Stories aren't necessarily my forte though more..

Writing
Obstacle Obstacle

A Story by StephT