Not acceptable!

Not acceptable!

A Story by Dakshta
"

Will there be a day after this dark night? 

"
Damini, Nirbhaya. Many names she has gotten. But the girl was same. The girl was same who suffered through such pain that the whole nation cried in sorrow. She faced a nightmare. A nightmare that scares every girl from the day she is born. She was raped. They raped her in a movings bus, they beat her and then they tried to kill her. Her friend tried to help her but those monsters tried to kill him too, then they throw them in the middle of the road, completely naked. The whole country was shaken by this case. The whole government was shaken. Ministers, social workers and who didn't went to meet her in the hospital. Doctors tried everything but....but they couldn't save her. She died. Then the government said that those monsters will get the punishment for their crime in just three months. Four months have passed, one of those monsters have committed suicide in the prison. Police have all the evidence they need yet those demons are still alive. They are alive while she is dead.

Aruna was a nurse in a well known Government hospital. She was raped by her coworker. He called her in the basement saying that there was something really important he wanted to talk about. Once they reached there, he raped her, then robbed her, then tried to kill her by wrapping a dog chain around neck. He ran away thinking she is dead. But she was not. She is alive today. Yet she is dead. Her whole body is paralyzed. She can't move her head, nor can she speak a word. Till today's date she is still in the same hospital and the staff there is taking care of her. The monster that did that to her is in jail while the law say's he should have been hanged.

The government says that the law is same for everyone but is it really? Sons of the riches and even the ministers themself who have raped then murdered the girls are walking freely just because of the power they have in there pockets. And the worst part is that the people who have sworn to protect us, the so called police, are not helping either. Just a week ago a case came where two drunken neighbours kidnapped and raped a 5 year old girl for two days. When the girl's father went to police to file the missing report the police told him to go away. When the father found out about what has happend with his daughter he went to the police again and then the police tried to give him bribe of 2,000rs to keep his mouth shut and not go to the media. Today the 5 year old Gudiya (changed name) is in the hospital, thankfully doctors were able to save her life and her wounds are now healing, but what about those scars that have destroyed her childhood? What about her life? What about them? If only those police officers would have listened to the father then maybe she would have been saved earlier.

But the question is. Can we actually blame the government? I mean yes they don't help us much but still. There are some responsibilities on our society too. Those monsters throw Damini and her friend on the middle of the road. She was unconscious, but her friend had some strength left, he tried to call for help from the cars that were passing by. No one stopped. Those cars surely slowed down but just too stare and then they passed by. What would have gone if they would have helped them? If they would have helped them and had gotten them to the hospital sooner then maybe, maybe Damini would have still been here with us. People say that it was government's fault that this case happend in first place. And yes it was there fault because, the bus in which she was raped was not even registered and the rout that the bus was taking was supposed to be covered by PCR Vans. But just after two days of this case a new case came. A case, in which a brother had been raping his sister for years. He was not her step brother but was her real one, their mother and father knew what he was doing yet they didn't stop him. Then another case came where a Father (not step but the real one) raped his 16 year old daughter. That guy was known as the richest man of his city. Now how could have the government done something in theses cases? Girls of just 5 years and some are only 4 months old are being raped. Just few days ago there came a new case where a 16 year old boy raped 4 year old girl. Can you believe that?

And then comes the turn where the "Politicians" and "Religious Saints" throws comments. According to them, if girls are being raped then it's their own fault, they wear much too revealing cloths. Now tell me something, how on the earth a 4month old or a 5year old girl can wear "Inappropriate" or "Revealing" cloths?

Today it's no longer safe to look up while walking alone on the road. Parents does not allow the girls to step out of the house after 7p.m, by the fear of what might happen. People are building up higher walls in their house for they are scared about the security of there daughters. And if the conditions stayed the same then I don't think anyone would ever wish to have a daughter, for they would never want her to live in fear. They wouldn't want her to hide in the house because of the vultures that are out on the road. They would never want her to face what the girls today are facing.

Some people will ask how will we stop all this and how can the society and government help? The answer is simple,

1) Government should make sure that atleast two generations of the rapist's family does not get any Government job.

2) Society should boycott the rapist's family.

3) Rapist's family should not get any type of loan, personal or government.

4) Punishment of the rapist should be either Hanged till Death or Life Imprisonment. Nothing less than that.


Actually the truth is that we cannot blame everything on the government. All they can do is make some strict laws. They cannot change the sick mentality of the people. That is the job that our society should do. That is the job we should do. So let’s take a vow to clean up our society, to clean up our government, so that the next generation would not have to hide behind the four walls. So that the next generation could walk freely on the road, without the fear of any vulture.

© 2013 Dakshta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello Dakshta! Its a well written view. Actually we can not blame anybody but ourselves. Because society and government is from us. Once I try to change myself, I will get the ticket to change my surrounding. If I wait for others to change then nothing can be changed.

God bless, keep up the good work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dakshta

10 Years Ago

I agree..Thanks for the review :)



Reviews

I completely agree with you , Dakshta. Very well structured.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dakshta

10 Years Ago

thanks Amrita :)
This very nearly made me cry. I've had many friends over the years who have been victims of rape, and I once ago was also a victim. This piece mirrors my feelings so intensely. Actions like this must be stopped.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dakshta

10 Years Ago

I agree, actions like this must be stopped.. and I'm really sorry if this write brought back any bad.. read more
Hello Dakshta! Its a well written view. Actually we can not blame anybody but ourselves. Because society and government is from us. Once I try to change myself, I will get the ticket to change my surrounding. If I wait for others to change then nothing can be changed.

God bless, keep up the good work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dakshta

10 Years Ago

I agree..Thanks for the review :)
Very well written, Dakshta!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dakshta

10 Years Ago

Thanx Maggie :)
❤ Maggie ❤

10 Years Ago

:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 7, 2013
Last Updated on May 7, 2013

Author

Dakshta
Dakshta

India



About
Hello to anyone who is reading this! Hmmm well my name is Dakshta and I think you know that already ah anyway I'm 17. According to some people I talk a lot and they think that I don't act my age, but .. more..

Writing