A Fish Seems More Lively On Land

A Fish Seems More Lively On Land

A Poem by DearSweetAgony

My abjuring endeavors float carelessly in the chilling winter breeze; my desolate dreams don't stand a chance against the freezing wind.

I've always lived in the cracks of the cold gutters, I fear the worlds movment, I'll never dare try to ascend.

The world is a scary place, filled with: crooks, monsters, and vultures. I don't want bloodshot eyes staring at me, waiting for a moment to attack.

Do I embrace the hatred of the world with reluctant arms and small steps? Or do I stay stagnate forever in this cold, vacant crack?

I ponder and ponder this simple self-interrogation, To the ear it sounds so simple, and yet it brings forth no sign of answering.

Should I, perhaps, peek my head amoungst the people? Or do I remain where I stay and put an end to this horrid questioning?

I puzzle, I ponder, I wonder, I ask, myself the things that question the direction my life has followed.

Should I wake up to this world and find it a sweet dream? Maybe, perhaps, a nightmare? Or should I stay with the company of my lonesome shadow?

Hoorah! I have found my resolve. I will ponder and question no more at the knees of this horrid thought!

I must, I shall, I will venture this cruel planet. For, I would rather rest eternally in earth than to rot

As I exit the gutter and enter the streets, I walk with my head high and with my new dreams. I walk with certainty, steady as I go

I take the a turn into the busy roads and then a car collides into me and disappears into the shadows. Face down in the mud, the wind caresses my hair-deaths final blow.

© 2011 DearSweetAgony


Author's Note

DearSweetAgony
This poem is not about a fish.lol.
Please just be honest ...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Uhhh... How old are you again?! This is something I'd expect from a much, MUCH older person who has endured much hardship in their life.
I don't know whether to call you brilliant or insane for such a young writer. You certainly pass my capability.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Wow, this is so... Good! I can relate to this so well!

I like how the speaker decides to have a brighter attitude about the world, but it doesn't help. It just makes her end that much more tragic.

And it's true that the world is a scary, cruel place... That's why we have to be strong! In a world like ours, the weak perish and the strong rule. It's cruel and unfair, but sadly true...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love the rhetoric! This style of writing really appeals to me, and the care you took in crafting the images and words is evident. Great writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ky
A poem that truly tinkers with the mind. Almost introspective of society at them begining and than the abrupt end. Well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's cool. Heavy piece of work, that's for sure.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Weird! I like it! I would like to read something with a happier tone; just to see how it would contrast with your writing style!
It’s amazing how people can interpret common things in their own special way.
Great job!


Posted 12 Years Ago


Oustanding, certainly much better than i could have written. wondefully dark and quite well put together.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's heartbreaking to see a soul so out of place. I read and prayed that it only found it's way home.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting title you have picked, i think of it as a fish being able to survive on land? nonetheless, i loved the poem and i think it is one we can all relate to as we seek to find our purpose and place in this world.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

534 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2011
Last Updated on October 20, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..