Lost Youth

Lost Youth

A Poem by AcasualPawn
"

Messed up youth........

"
On the brink of a life's phase.
lost participant, YOUTH's social chase.

With dim, pathetic N hopeless gaze.
Standing' shaking' falling' in unyielding emotional maze.

Wishing world's reversal to ancient days.
where emotions' feelings' love' has no place.

Cruel' Animal' Instinct' Survival' Savage'.

© 2017 AcasualPawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I suspect that the great majority of this story still resides in your head. As you read, your intent fr the piece drives you. So every line points to images, memories, and events, all residing in your mind. But when you set your words free, you, your intent, and everything about you becomes irrelevant, because it's the words you choose, their placement, and what that suggests to the reader that matters—based on THEIR background, not yours. So for that reader, every line points to images, memories, and events, all residing in YOUR mind.

When I read, "On the brink of a life's phase," what can that mean to me? What in the pluperfect hells can "lost participant," mean if I don't know what this unknown person is participating in?

It matters not at all what the words mean to you, because your goal is to evoke an emotional response of the kind the words produce in you, within your reader's mind. Make them feel, not just know. Make them care.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

Keep trying DP
Keep reviewing JayG
It's an honour to be able to view such exchanges.
JayG

6 Years Ago

• its meaning will be completed at the end of stanza) with this lost participant, YOUTH's social c.. read more
AcasualPawn

6 Years Ago

Yes sir................



Reviews

What I get mostly from this offering is a sense of uncertainty and also one of regret. Perhaps this regret is because of an awareness of the brevity of life, and maybe a feeling that certain desired events have not transpired, or maybe have been lost. The last lines are curious, evidently representing a desire to escape disappointment. Of course, in ancient days life expectancy was less than 30 years, so there wouldn't have been much time to be disappointed. An interesting take, but don't despair; in many ways, youth sucks.


Posted 6 Years Ago


AcasualPawn

6 Years Ago

Youth with out aim sucks
it can be a confusing time of your life,but a growing process

Posted 6 Years Ago


AcasualPawn

6 Years Ago

Its really messed up
Good overall usage and trying. You are utilizing things and yielding much...:).........

Posted 6 Years Ago


AcasualPawn

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words
True, youth is really a confusing stage when later recalled makes us feel stupid.

Posted 6 Years Ago


AcasualPawn

6 Years Ago

True..........
Just trying to use words and rhymes

Posted 6 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1977 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 20, 2017
Last Updated on August 20, 2017
Tags: feelings, Emotions

Author

AcasualPawn
AcasualPawn

India



About
About me : 💬 💭 🗯️ more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memories Memories

A Poem by wordman


Ashen Ashen

A Poem by Sami Khalil