The Lost City

The Lost City

A Poem by Summer D.
"

“If these outsiders can unlock the secrets of our past, perhaps we can save our future.” Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

"

The Lost City


From within the depths hides a secret, as ancient to man as the steady lull of a heartbeat, hear it slumber peacefully 


Man searched faithfully and unwaveringly for this old enigma, desperately shifting through the ruins for the arrow that would point them its way.  Amongst the drumbeats of their greed and treachery,  a sound escapes the barrier, can you hear it slumber peacefully?


Water seeps through the cracks of this ancient city, the blotch of ink is wider now, man is still searching for the answer. But all the while it slumbers peacefully.


Sand fills this glass of time as years wander by, two hundred fathoms beneath the sea, lies the lifeless city- slumbering peacefully.


This fabled city melts into a shade of grey along the canvas, only the memory remains now. Underneath the cover of the sea lies a mystery, as ancient to man as the study lull of a heartbeat, hear it slumber peacefully.


Perhaps it is better this way, to define the line between fantasy and reality, but deep within our souls something stirs- A fire of passion that lasts for eternity. 


It burns and reaches the farthest corners of our mind and it whispers, igniting the ember of hope within our hearts. The sunken city with it’s broken body, underneath the pressures of the lapping waters, still burns ever so brightly. 


Hear it slumber peacefully


Summer D. 

Otherwise Known As: Aisha_U

© 2011 Summer D.


Author's Note

Summer D.
I had wrote this awhile back. " The Lost City " Very Original. I know~ I can't believe I forgot to post this.. Not my best. I still have some sort of fondness for the poem, however.

Picture Credit: http://kittydew.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d1csjue

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love it!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow-odd way to phrase a poem! It's unique, and I agree with Ami, I love the repetition. It's an odd poem, but I LOVE IT!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You are very clever and probably have the oddest phrasing I have ever seen (again clever). You certainly have many tricks of the trade and a beautiful eye for fine language. I'm curious to see what you write in the future Aish

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The repetition seems to add a deeper meaning to this well-written piece. Really enjoyed reading it! Great poem :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 5, 2011
Last Updated on November 5, 2011

Author

Summer D.
Summer D.

Deep Within My Thoughts, CA



About
I am here. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Stop Stop

A Poem by Summer D.


Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Miss Evans


Chapter 5 Chapter 5

A Chapter by The XYZ Writer