Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Detective Watts

“Combobulous? You’re early. Come in, come in.”

The Prime Minister opened the door to his spacious, Scottish estate; letting the Professor and his faithful butler Jeevesworth in.

“Can I offer you some brandy then?”

“No Prime Minister. Not now. This is urgent.”

“It’s never to urgent for brandy” the Prime Minister replied thoughtfully.

“My formulae had some unpleasant side-effects.”

“Side-effects?” the Prime Minister said as he searched through his bar.

“What kind of side-effects?”

“It’s been streaming corrupted atoms all night.”

“Oh, I see then... So?”

“So!? Atomic power is far too dangerous. We need to stop construction right away. If we get the new generator online it could atomically alter half of London!”

“Hmm”

The Prime Minister poured himself a glass of brandy and begun sipping thoughtfully.

“Maybe, just maybe, we could write the laws of physics a very polite letter explaining our predicament and he’ll just let it slide.”

“Let it slide! The laws of physics won’t just let it slide! You have to shut it off right now!”

“Ok, ok, I’ll get my butler to call them right now. Jeevesworthingtonberrysworth!”

“Ja mein fuhrer?”

“Call London. Tell them to stop the construction.”

“Ja fuhrer.”

 

“Thank god.”

Combobulous collapsed into his seat with relief.

“Finally, we can all get on with our liv-“

Before he could finish his sentence, Combobulous was interrupted by an atomic death-ray tearing through the walls of the Prime Minister’s estate.

“Hmm, it's never done that before. Better have the plumber look at that.”

The Prime Minister put down his brandy and moved over to the gaping hole in his wall.

"What a strange form of locomotion." he said "Must be one of those new American “automobiles.”

“Prime Minister! Get away from there”

Combobulous sprinted across the room and pushed the Prime Minister to the ground, just as another death-ray shot past.

“I say Combobulous, I think you broke my monocle.”

“Invaders! Invaders From Beyond the Moon. They must have traced the formulae back to its source!”

“And ruined a perfectly good morning while they were at it”

The Prime Minister dusted himself off and crouched through his missing wall.

“Now, look here, you can’t just go around shooting people walls to pieces. How would you like it if I were to-“

Combobulous sprinted towards the Prime Minister with amazing speed and leapt in front of him, just as another laser was about to hit.

“I say old boy. Are you ok?”

“I- I think so.”

“Oh, it’s charging that wretched weapon of it’s again. Mind hopping in front of it for me. There’s a good sport.”

“The formulae. The corrupted atoms. They must have warped my atomic structure. They- they gave me superpowers"

“Well” the Prime Minister replied “that was awfully nice of it.”



© 2011 Detective Watts


Author's Note

Detective Watts
So, yeah. I wrote this in like 10 minutes and didn't really spellcheck or anything. I've been working on my pacing. I mean, this is still really hectic but some of my older stuff is freakin' insane. The Adventures of Detective Watts could probably be extended into a 300 page book without even adding any major plot points.

EDITS:
Changed lasers to atomic death rays. Changed mutated to atomically altered. Tell me if you notice anything like that. I also don't wanna say aliens. There invaders from beyond the moon

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

@StarNinja

Yeah, I know, I forgot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What happened to Chapter 1? D:
I love the Prime Minister, by the way. Excellent character and quite the stereotype, if I do say so myself dear boy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's caught my interest so far. It's quite funny.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2011
Last Updated on February 17, 2011


Author

Detective Watts
Detective Watts

Wollongong, NSW, Australia



About
I can now be found -------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.writerscafe.org/Lincoln%20Bey -------------------------------------------------------------- ^^^^.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..