Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Detective Watts

“Great Scott!”

Professor Combobulous took a step back as a mushroom cloud burst through the surface of his bubbling chemical concoction.

“I think I’ve finally done it. After all these years, I think I’ve finally harnessed the awesome power of the atom.”

The professor held his test tube up to the light, watching as the surface slowly calmed.

“Jeevesworth!” he yelled “Get in here!”

“Oui monsieur?”

A well-dressed butler walked stiffly into the room.

“Get the Prime Minister on the telephone. Tell him it’s urgent”

“Oui”

 

Jeevesworth left the room, leaving Combobulous to ponder the enormity of the situation. Little did the Professor know, his discovery was soon to throw not only the Earth, but the entire universe into chaos. Even as he sat alone, deep within his laboratory, a constant stream of corrupted atoms flowed from his formulae; washing over the vast void of space and alerting inhuman life to the professors great endeavour.

 

To be continued



© 2011 Detective Watts


Author's Note

Detective Watts
In our next issue:
Combobulous discovers his powers and the Invaders from Beyond The Moon arrive.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reads like a pulp sci-fi comic from the 50's, expecially considering the author's knowledge of atomic physics. ;)
Good work.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 13, 2011
Last Updated on February 13, 2011


Author

Detective Watts
Detective Watts

Wollongong, NSW, Australia



About
I can now be found -------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.writerscafe.org/Lincoln%20Bey -------------------------------------------------------------- ^^^^.. more..

Writing