Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Detective Watts

“Curses, foiled again.”

Deep within the invaders space-craft, Emissary Drake watched as his advanced alien weapons systems deflected harmlessly off of Professor Combobulous.

“Jeevesworthingtonsworthingpennyshiretonberryngton!”he called out, summoning his butler to the room.

Hai sensei?”

 “Give the order to retreat. For now, we will bide our time. We will hide from the eye of man until, when they least expect it, we will strike from the depths of space; destroying their petty civilisation”

“Hai” his butler replied.

 

Meanwhile, outside the craft, Combobulous and the Prime Minister were dusting themselves off from the battle.

“Jolly good battle eh Professor?”

The Prime Minister picked his brandy back up and resumed drinking.

“They didn’t hurt me. I was immune to their laser canons”

Combobulous stood a few yards away, staring at his hands

“With these powers, I can do so much good. I can fight crime and save kittens from trees.”

“Jolly good proposition” the Prime Minister said as he lit up a cigar.

“But, then again” he continued as he injected himself with a shot of morphine “maybe they would be better spent on the vaudevillian circuit. You could make a pretty penny as a bearded lady.”

Combobulous ignored the Prime Minister’s insane jabbering and staggered to the door.

“But first, I have to track down those Invaders before they return. Jeevesworth! Bring the carriage around.”

“You know” the Prime Minister said as he puffed on his opium pipe “I have a brother who runs a freak show.”

“Thanks Prime Minister, but I think I’ll stick with my idea”

Combobulous hopped into the back seat of the carriage.

“And please, try to cut back on the brandy.”



© 2011 Detective Watts


Author's Note

Detective Watts
You know, the Prime Minister's drug addiction makes it kind of hard to notice the superpowers and alien invasion.

Don't try at home kids.

If I ever get my hands on a laptop, daily updates. Till then, Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
Added on February 16, 2011
Last Updated on February 16, 2011


Author

Detective Watts
Detective Watts

Wollongong, NSW, Australia



About
I can now be found -------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.writerscafe.org/Lincoln%20Bey -------------------------------------------------------------- ^^^^.. more..

Writing