1. Welcome to Christmas Academy

1. Welcome to Christmas Academy

A Chapter by Avangeline Holiday

  " Welcome all to Christmas Academy! Here you will learn the history of different countries and how they celebrate Christmas! Help Santa Claus with Christmas and learn so much to become a future helper of Christmas! Enjoy the meal we have prepared." Headmistress Noel claps her hands and wonderful food appears in front of all the students and teachers.

 

   Nevaeira Twyla sits in the Welcome Hall and eats the meal served. She glances around the room and saw many familiar faces but none of them friends. Sneaux floated beside her, stuffing her face with food. " Slow down Sneaux, you're going to overfill your tiny body." Nevaeira tell her with a smile.

 

  Katrina enters the Welcome Ceremony and takes her seat by herself. She grabs a white cookie and watches the other students mingle. Nevaeira notices Katrina sitting alone and stands up and to talk to her.

 

   " Hi there. I'm Nevaeira, but call me Nevaeh." She greets warmly.

 

   Katrina jumps in surprise and stammers a quiet hello back, her bangs flopping in front of her face.

 

  " What's your name?" Nevaeira asks

 

  " K-Katrina..." She replies in hardly a whisper

 

  Sneaux flies up to Nevaeira and lands on her shoulder. " This is Sneaux, the Christmas Fairy." She smiles at Katrina. " So what are your goals at the school?"

 

  Katrina glances around nervously. " I guess to know more about myself. Why are you asking so many questions?"

 

  Nevaeira sits down in front of her. " I'm a Christmas Angel from the famous Twyla family. It's my job to know about my fellow Christmas Angels, Katrina." She tells Katrina

  " Who's the Twyla family? I am not very social with the other races." A Wind Spirit named Boreas says, approaching them with a chilly wind.

 

  Neveaira turns to then boy who approached them. " Well, if you plan on being a Christmas Helper, you better educate yourself with other races!" She says to him hotly. then turns to Katrina. " What is your family name?"

 

  She can feel how Katrina is feeling and it makes her annoyed. " Look, stop being so shy and talk to people unless you want to fail and never become to Christmas Angel your family wants you to be."

 

  Boreas is about to stand up for Katrina but Sneaux stops him. She stands on his shoulder and whispers in his ear that Nevearia is only trying to get Katrina to stand up for herself instead of being so shy. Boreas nods and backs off, Katrina tenses up even more.

 

 " Katrina, I'm not trying to be mean. You're going to meet really mean people here, I just want to prepare someone as shy as you for it. I just want to prepare you when worst comes to worst. Shy people who cant stand up for themselves aren't very welcomed here by certain people." Nevaeira explains

 

  Katrina seems t relax a bit and Nevaeira smiles. " So, I'm supposed to show all the new students to their dorms."

 

   Katrina nods and they leave the Welcome Hall together, leaving Boreas and his cold wind behind. Nevaeira leads her from the dining hall and down the winding hallways until they reach the girl dorm rooms. Nevaeira draws a circle on the door and a number pops up. " Room 304."

 

   Sneaux zooms down the hallway to room 304. " All rightie! Room 304 is riiight here!!!" She announces cheerfully.

 

 They stand at the doorway when Nevaeira speaks. " Look Katrina, I didn't mean to be mean, I just want you to fit in. You seem nice and I hope we could be friends." She says

 

  Katrina doesn't meet her eyes. " I have never had a real friend before..." She murmurs

 

 " Well, just think about it." Nevaeira tells her, " My room is just down the hall." With saying that, Neva leaves.

 

 Katrina looks around and notices just how bright it is, then sighs and enters her own room. Immediately she see Celestinia and Jasper on the bed, play wrestling. Katrina smiles. "Hey there, you two." Sge said quietly, sitting next to them after closing the door. Katrina pets Celestinia as she lowers the brightness of the room, then pets Jasper. " It's a nice room." She comments to herself.

 

  Nevaeira goes to the girls dorm living room and sits next to the fireplace with a book while Sneaux flutters around the room on a sugar high. She soon closes the book and wanders over to the window and stares out at the falling white snow. Nevaeira begins to circle her finger in the air, creating a small swirl of snowflakes, while doing this she notices someone standing outside in the snow. Katrina enters to living room, having decided having a friend would be nice.

 

  " Hello again Katrina." Nevaeira says without evening looking at her.

 

  " I-I accept your friendship." Katrina says with a slight smile.

 

  Nevaeira turns with a smile on her face, " Really?" She jumps up, " That would be so wonderful! It'll be great to have a real friend!" She exclaims

 

  Katrina nods to the window. " Who's that outside?" She asks

 

  Nevaeira smiles. " That's my brother Malakai."

 

  " Why is he out there alone?" Katrina wonders

 

  "  He likes the snow a little to much. He's a day dreamer and is always outside in the snow." She tells Katrina.

 

  Katrina continues to watch Malakai standing in the snow, gazing up at the cold night sky.

 

~~~~

 

 Tannon sits in the living room of the boy dorms with Celyn. They sit together by the fireplace, Celyn reading a book as Tannon watches the snow falling outside. He hears someone coming into the living room and see's the Wind Spirit Boreas.

 

  " Good to see I'm not the only one in here." Boreas says coming in and bringing a cold wind with him.

 

  Tannon looks at the Wind spirit. " I'm Tannon." He greet him with a slight nod. Tannon nudges Celyn and he jerks his head up from his book and nods to him as well. " Celyn." He says blankly before turning his attention to his book again

 

   " Boreas."

 

  Celyn looks at Tannon and draws words on the cover of his book with ice. ' Is he a wind spirit?' The words say and Tannon nods. Celyn opens his book and keeps reading, he never liked wind spirits. " So Boreas, you're new here?" Tannon asks

 

  Boreas looks up and nods. " Yes, this is my first year here, but hardly my first winter."

 

Celyn rolls his eyes. ' Obviously it isn't his first winter.' He says on his book. Tannon ignores Celyn's comment. " I'm an Ice-Maker." He tell Boreas.

 

 " And I'm a wind spirit. More accurately I am the North wind." Boreas replies

 

 Tannon nods towards Celyn. " Celyn is a Christmas Elf. He can create anything out of thin air." He explains but Celyn punches his arm and gives Tannon the look which means to shut it.

 

   " Interesting, all I can do is summon the wind I personify." Boreas tells them. " But creating anything out of thin air sounds much more interesting. Would you show me?" He ask Celyn.

 

   Celyn sist up and places one hand out in front of himself and takes the other hand and makes swirling motions. Slowly a Christmas box appears in his hands. Celyn opens the box and a fierce cold wind snaps out with snow flakes and dances around the room for awhile before being whisked out the window.

 

   " That wind you just made was identical to mine."  Boreas says in amazement. " How did you do that?"

 

    Celyn writings on the book cover. " He says part of his being a Christmas Elf is he can duplicate another's powers." Tannon tell Boreas.

 

  " I see... So, why doesn't your Celyn speak?" Boreas asks

 

  Celyn flops back down resting his head in Tannon's lap, reading his book. " When he was little he couldn't speak. But when we met, I used a spell on him to bring him his voice, he wasn't used to it, so he prefers not to speak." Tannon tells Boreas and expects to get a punch from Celyn but he just stays quiet and still.

 

   " I see, that reminds me of my early years." Boreas say thinking back. " But until recently I've been trapped in a cave with my brothers heeding the beck and call of the gods, and this time is no different."

 

  Tannon nod. " Okay." What God's is this guy talking about? " What Gods do you speak of?" He asks

 

  " The Greek gods." Boreas tells them. " More specifically Zeus ordered me to help because something seems to be going array with the weather." He says pointing out of the window as a tornado appears. 

 

  " That would be the cause of the Snow Bringers. They're upset with the way things are here at Christmas Academy." Tannon tell him. Greek Gods? What ridiculousness. He thinks to himself

 

   " I see, I wonder why they would defy the lord of the sky." Boreas says as a lighting bolt strikes the tornado and destroys the snow bringers that created it. " It doesn't matter. The Olympians  have more important matters to deal with that a few rouge spirits."

 

   Tannon lean forwards. " Look, I don't know where you came from, but here, in this place, your Greek Gods don't exist and they aren't the Gods or Lords of anything here. Your Gods are powerless here." Tannon tell him.

 

 " I thought as much when I couldn't feel them as I entered. So for once I am free from their influence. " Boreas says smiling.

   

   " Here, our only God is God." Tannon replies and Celyn nods slightly

 

    " I see, and your God as no more control over me as mine do over you which means...." Boreas says thinking for a moment. " I'm finally free...." He mumble as he begins changing back into a fierce wind and the fire and candles go out, the room temp. drops sharply, and a smile creeps on my face. " Finally.... free. Excuse me for a moment." Boreas say turning into the icy wind and swirl around the room until he escapes through the window and travel around the school in full force. When he returns he declares he will be in the lounge.

 

   " Celyn and I were just going there." Tannon says as they get up and all walk there.

  ~~~~

 

  " Hi Nevaeira, I'm Myrrh." Myrrh  states, putting a hand out to shake Nevaeira's, " Oh, my body temperature is higher than yours just so you know."

 

 Nevaeira looks at Myrrh. " I'm a Christmas Angel, tempature doesn't bother me." She says with a smile

 

  " I didn't know. I'm sorry about his girlfriend maybe I can cheer him up for the day?" Myrrh flicks her wrist towards the fire and makes animals and Christmas shapes come up and run around the room. The candles dance and their flames turn into dragons, foxes and other animals mythical and otherwise and they too went around the room. " It may not fix anything but it always makes me feel better." She shrugs.

 

   Nevaeira shakes her head. " Nothing seems to make him happy anymore." She glances back out the window and sighs. " He's impossible."

 

    Myrrh looks over at him ,he was cute  and seemed nice but she didn't want to flirt with him because it would be mean, after all he has been through and it would be selfish and weird because she just met him. Myrrh flicked her wrist again and then looks at him.

 

     " If someone can give me a picture of his girlfriend I can make his girlfriend out of fire and even make her talk but I think it will make him worse, it will burn if he touches it too. Unless he is a Christmas Angel like you." Myrrh turned to look at Nevaeira again and gave her a weak smile.

   

   Nevaeira looks at her. " That might be a good idea, give him closure with her! And he's my brother, so he too is a Christmas Angel." Nevaeira claps her hands a picture of her brother's girlfriend appears.

 

   Myrrh waves her hands about and out of flames a human figure grows. It looks just like his girlfriend, just all flame coloured. Soon the flame dies out and she smiles. " That was amazing!" Nevaeira applauds. " My friend Tannon can do things like that but with ice."

 

    "Really? I wonder if we can do a combine...that would be a little dangerous though." Myrrh rubs my face and stands up again.

 

   " I can talk to Tannon and you can meet him!" Nevaeira offers

 

    " Yeah I'd like to see what he could do sometime." Myrrh smiles warmly. " If you ever want a fire show I'd love to do it for you by the way!" She snaps her fingers and a mini replica of Nevaeira flew around her head and back into the fire.

 

   Pepper Mintstix walks into the room and see's the two girls and they see her.

 

  " Hi Pepper!" Nevaeira greets warmly. " We were just about to go to the lounge to meet up with a friend of mine, care to join us?" Nevaeira asks

 

   Pepper nods. " I would love to."

 

   When the girls get to the lounge they run into Boreas. Boreas and Myrrh begin talking about the North Wind and fire. Nevaeira waits patiently before Myrrh smiles and turns back to her and they go and meet Tannon and Celyn.

   " Heya Nevaeira!" Tannon greets. " You must be the fire girl Myrrh. I hear you want to combine ice and fire?"

  Myrrh nods. " It will be dangerous, so I asked Boreas to make sure neither of us gets injured during this."

 

  Nevaeira and Pepper stand back and watch. Tannon turns to Celyn, holding his hand. " Stand back Celyn, I don't want you to get hurt..." He whispers and Celyn nods, taking some few steps back.

 

   Myrrh nods to Boreas and he nods back. Turn to Tannon, she puts her hands out and a stream of fire comes out in ribbons. " A Phoenix!?" She calls over the noise and Tannon nods. He lays his hands out palm up and a river of ice flows out and collides together with the fire and they twine into a ribbon perfectly. Out in the distance of the snowy night, stood Malakai, watching the whole episode. He watched the girl, Myrrh, intently.

 

    Tannon's ice created the body and head of the Phoenix while Myrrh's ice created the wings and tail. Soon enough the ice and fire blended together, leaving a bright reflection of the bird in both Tannon and Myrrh's eyes. " It's so beautiful!" Tannon exclaims

 

    Myrrh could feel Boreas's wind shift around them. " It is amazing." She made the phoenix move with Tannon's ice and it was so real. Fire made Myrrh grow bigger and she felt the energy seep through my body. It was so much power in that bird they made and Myrrh felt a kind of connection between Tannon and herself. Not romantic or even friendly it went deeper than that.

 

   "Woah! That's amazing!. You guys should do something for the big Christmas party this year." Pepper says

 

   Tannon smiles as he stares the bird. It was so stunning and beautiful, he could keep staring at it all night, but soon the magic energy in him began to wear out. Myrrh shoots the bird flying into the air then drops the fire.

 

   " Sorry, I'm really tired..." She says

 

   Tannon sighs with relief. " It's all good, I am really tired too." He replies. Tannon falls back and Celyn catches him quickly. " I'm okay Celyn, just tired is all." He assures when Celyn looks at him worriedly.

 

  " I don't think you two should do such a thing again until you've had more practice with smaller things." Boreas tells them. 

 

   " I agree, we should start out smaller." Tannon agrees

 

   Malakai stands in the far backround still, impressed with what the two did, but soon walks away and disappears into the night. Myrrh takes some of the fire from the hearth to regain energy and Tannon catches the snowflakes to regain his energy. The Phoenix was melted into all of their memories, something magical, amazing, and beautiful. A very productive first day at Christmas Academy.

 

    

 

  

 

 

 

  



© 2013 Avangeline Holiday


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWESOME!!
really well written and an awesome idea wicked cool beans!!
100/100

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

454 Views
1 Review
Added on November 18, 2013
Last Updated on November 19, 2013


Author

Avangeline Holiday
Avangeline Holiday

Halloween Town



About
My name is Avangeline Delarosa I love writing, drawing manga, and reading. I usually get my inspirations for stories from music. If you ever need help coming up with a story title or plot you can .. more..

Writing