3. A Lost Sister

3. A Lost Sister

A Chapter by Avangeline Holiday

  Myrrh enters the church and climbs the winding stairwell up into the dark attic. Malakai had told her this is where her half sister Tarsa usually was. It was very dark, so Myrrh lit the room up with a flash of light.

 

   Tarsa sat up in the church attic, gazing out the window at the pretty snow. This was her favorite place to be. It was warm, quiet, and no one else was here. She found this place when she was a first year and had the jobbing of cleaning the church second floor. Tarsa found the hidden door when she was washing a wall rug. Now, this place was her own sanctuary.

 

   " Tarsa?" She calls out

 

   " Who is it?" Tarsa calls back.

 

   Myrrh freezes for a moment, " Um, I-I'm Myrrh... The daughter of a Flame Child... A-and the North Star." Myrrh says, walking up to Tarsa and holding her hand out.

 

   Tarsa stares at Myrrh in astonishment. " You're Myrrh?"

 

    "Yeah..." Myrrh wanted to get to know her so she made a fire chair and sat on it, "Tell me about yourself?" Myrrh asks.

 

   Tarsa looks back out the window. She didn't want anything to do with the daughter of one of the cruelest Firelings, or the daughter of her father who she never had the chance to spend time with. " I'm half Christmas Flame and half Christmas Wisher."

 

   Myrrh could feel the unwanting vibe from Tarsa and she gets a little mad herself, her fire change growing hotter. This, Tarsa could sense too. ' What's her problem? Getting all haughty suddenly? Typical fire child.'

 

   " I'm Flame and North Star." Myrrh says sharply

 

   " I know." Tarsa states

 

   Myrrh makes a flower out of fire and hands it to Tarsa, " My greeting gift to you. Perhaps we can talk more during a meal." She says and stalks off

 

   " If we see each other." Tarsa replies

 

   Myrrh makes a picture of their father and place it in front of Tarsa. "I will help you when you want it." She retaliated with venom. 

 

   " Help me with what?"

 

   Myrrh shakes her head, "Get to know daddy!" She yells. "Daddy did teach me manners, so I was just being helpful!"

 

   Tarsa stifles a laugh. " Daddy huh? Just how old are you?" She pushes her hair behind her shoulders. " Yelling is very unlady like." Tarsa tells her

 

    "If daddy actually wanted to get to know you Tarsa, You would call him Daddy to. I can't help it my mother was the most powerful Flame child in the world." She snickers, "Sit here in your hole and pout, you won't affect my life."

 

   Tarsa bursts out into laugher. " I COULDNT get to know 'daddy'! And it's YOUR fault! Oh, and for your information, Christmas Wishers are much more powerful than Flames! Which my mother was the most powerful Wisher in our history." She stands up, " And I KNOW for a fact your life WILL be affected without me. Because you have NO ONE." She says coolly, shoving past the ungreatful Flame.

 

    "I can kill you, you miserable swine, but I won't. I have suffered long enough and I don't need you. I'm coming to realize I do have someone." Myrrh c***s my head and walked away.

 

   Tarsa smirks. " Good lucky trying to kill an Immortal Wisher."

 

  " I'm just as immortal." Myrrh grumbles

 

  " Heh, I highly doubt it. If you ever see the Christmas Race Tree, you would see how high we Wisher's are compared to the Flames."

 

   " At least I was daddies favorite!" Myrrh says and she skips away

 

   " What a sick twisted child she is. Sadly immature too." Tarsa smirks, " She can be number one on my list then."

 

   Myrrh turned and walked back towards her once again, "Look you Christmas child of wishes. I'm sorry for what I said." I sighed, " I'm sure you are dad's favorite to, I want to get to know you better before we start insulting each other. I'm sure you have dealt with a lot in your life, but so have I. The world is not an innocent place." 

 

    Tarsa is bewildered at her sudden change. " If this is your way in getting me to forgive you or whatever, its not that simple."

 

   "  I am a daughter of the North Star. I'm naturally helpful. No insult intended if that's what you got from that." Myrrh says

 

   Tarsa walks to the door,  " First of all, I don't need help from the likes of you. If your not making a real effort... Leave me alone..." She says and walks out the door and down the staircase.

 

~~~ 

 

   Myrrh walk into the garden and see's Malakai.

 

  " How did it go?" he asks

 

  " You could have mentioned she was a jerk!" Myrrh snaps

 

  Malakai is taken-a-back. " She isn't a jerk. If you got to know her, you'd take back what you just said."

 

  Myrrh flames up and walks away. She walks through the gardens and into the forest. A little ways into the woods, she see's a church covered with vines. An abandoned church. Myrrh could feel the presence of Tannon in the church, so she sends up a flame message.

 

   Tannon? I'm outside of the church, may I come in?

 

  Tannon receives the message and sends it back, telling her to come inside. Celyn was sitting on the couch with his nose in a book like usual. The two found this place when they were first years and It became their sanctuary away from the others.

 

   Tannon could immediately tell something was wrong. " What's the matter Myrrh?"

 

    "Oh sorry, It's just Malakai showed me my sister and when I met her she was being a jerk! I lost my temper with her slightly but then I tried to be nice and understanding. She was just being so mean. Malakai got mad at me for calling her a jerk and now he doesn't like me! I just needed to get away and you both are so nice and...." Myrrh sighs. "I'm sorry for bothering you by the way, can I stay here for a little while?"

 

   Tannon nods. " So I assume you are talking about Tarsa. She actually isn't a bad person. She's really nice if you get to know her."

 

   " Well I don't want to know her. She's just not nice. And then I got into a fight with Malakai... And it's... I dunno... I think I like him..." Myrrh confesses.

 

   Tannon smiles. " Talk with him. If you get to know him too, things will work out."

 

   Myrrh stands up. " Thanks Tannon..." She says before walking back outside

 

   Myrrh trudges through the snow, melting it as she walks. She enters the garden again. Malakai is sitting on a rock, looking up at the cloudy sky.

 

   " I'm sorry for calling Tarsa a jerk. I'll try to talk to her later..." Myrrh tells Malakai

 

   " Yeah... Okay." Is all Malakai says in reply

 

  ~~~~

 

   Myrrh enters the church attic and immediately goes up to Tarsa.

 

   " I'm sorry Tarsa, I went overboard. I really mean this apology." She tells Tarsa

 

   Tarsa stares out the window. " I was jealous. Jealous that you got to spend so much time with father. I apologize too."

 

~~~~

 

   The academy bell chimes, signaling it was time for classes to begin. The students filed into Miss. Noelle's classroom and took their seats.

 

     " Good morning class." Miss. Noelle say as she walks into the classroom. " I hope you're all finding your dorm room comfortable."

 

    She writes a few words on the chalk board. " Our first lesson will be about, the Christmas Tree Lineup. Also known as the Christmas Race Tree. Anyone care to tell me what the Tree is?"

 

    Tannon stands up. " The Tree resembles the status and power of each magical race."

 

   The teacher nods. " Correct. Does anyone know what race is at the top? Yes Sneaux?"

 

   Sneaux flutters up proudly. " The Christmas Angel!!!"

 

    " Exactly correct. The Christmas Angel is a race of angels sent directly from Heaven to keep Christmas alive and the fact that it's Jesus's birthday." Miss. Noelle tells the class

 

   Miss. Noelle draws the tree on the board. " The race at the very bottom is the Christmas Animal.  Though helpful, Christmas Animals are the least magical of us all. Our focus will be on them for awhile. Does anyone have anything they know about them to tell?"

 

   Myrrh fidgeted in her seat, a burning question inside her. " Myrrh, you look anxious to ask a something, what is it?"

 

   " I-I'm not saying I am unhappy with the rankings, but why are Christmas Flames so low on the tree?" Myrrh asks

 

   " Well... Over a few centuries ago, the Christmas Flame race was poor, they were dying, so they became to no use for Christmas. But when the Flames mated with Firelings, their race grew larger again, just less and less powerful." Miss. Noelle explains

 

   "Well speaking about power, my mother was the most powerful in history. Wouldn't that bump us up?" Myrrh asks. "Besides the fact that she was killed." She glares at Boreas.

 

    Miss. Noelle shakes her head. " The rankings only SOMETIMES change every century. Though your mother was powerful, it didn't make her powerful enough to make the Flames move up." She explains

 

   Myrrh nods and slinks back into her seat. " Why is about power? Why not Christmas spirit?"

 

   Miss. Noelle smiles, " The bigger your true Christmas spirit, the more powerful you are." The chimes sound and the class ends.

 

   " I love her classes, " Nevaiera says to Myrrh, " But Mr. Morai's classes are much more exciting."

 

   Tannon and Celyn catch up to them. " Hey there." Tannon says and Celyn only nods.

 

   " Tannon, if you're not busy I was hoping we could practice our magic together." Myrrh asks

 

   He nods, " It's lunch break, so let's go to the lounge to practice."

 

~~~~

 

   Myrrh creates a ball of fire and Tannon makes a stream of ice. The fire and ice wind together, blending in. " Let's start small, make a rose." Tannon says

 

   The ice and fire twist and turn until the steam is made with two leaves, soon their magic flows together until the rose blooms. It was getting easier and quicker to do now.

 

   " It's beautiful." Myrrh comments

 

   Tannon takes his right hand and moves it to the top of the flower, then cupping his hand under the rose. Tannon pulls in towards himself and the links with her fire and his ice are broken but the flower remains intact. " Progress has been made." Tannon says

 

   Tannon turns around and gives Celyn the flower. Celyn gazes at the flower then smiles up at Tannon, so Tannon kisses him. Myrrh blushes and turns away quickly. When Tannon pulls up the chimes ring for their next class.

 

   " Well, let's go to class then." Nevaeira says

   ~~~~

 

  " Welcome to Creations class everyone. My name is Mr. Daalus. First of all, I want everyone to find a partner." Mr. Daalus instructs

 

    Nevaiera and Sneaux partner up immediately and everyone else shuffles around the room getting into pairs. Tarsa sits by herself in the corner, and Myrrh takes notice.

 

   " Would you like to be partners Tarsa?" She asks and Tarsa nods

 

   " First pair, Tannon and Celyn." Mr. Daalus says

 

   Tannon and Celyn walk up to the front of the room and put their palms together. They close their eyes and concentrate. A colourful smoke of ribbons arise from their hands. It twists and turns and flies round itself until it becomes a replica model of the school.

 

   " So amazing." Tarsa comments.

 

  " Beautiful work." Mr. Daalus praises, " Next in Nevaeira and Sneaux."

 

    The two girls get up and stand in front of the class. Their hands were a ways apart. In between their hands a large water sphere appears, with a pretty pink rose. Myrrh and Tarsa were next. Myrrh out her hands just above Tarsa's, and Tarsa made a streak of sparkles surround Myrrh's fire. The sparkles and fire created a little Christmas tree with a star on top. The two of them smiled.

 

    " Good job girls." Mr. Daalus says as the sit again.

 

   " That was amazing," Myrrh says, then looks at Tarsa, " I'm glad you're my sister Tarsa."

 

  Tarsa smiles. " And I'm actually happy you're my sister."

  

 

  

 

   

 



 

 

  



© 2013 Avangeline Holiday


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story is amazing. Can't wait to read more. Sorry I took so long to read it.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 3, 2013


Author

Avangeline Holiday
Avangeline Holiday

Halloween Town



About
My name is Avangeline Delarosa I love writing, drawing manga, and reading. I usually get my inspirations for stories from music. If you ever need help coming up with a story title or plot you can .. more..

Writing