You Wrote A Poem, You Must Be Emo

You Wrote A Poem, You Must Be Emo

A Poem by El Suplexo
"

This is for the poetry I read all the time. You know who you are, and you know what you did!

"

Ejaculating words like lousy lovers,

You think you're so real, so sophisticated.

But you're just a mess under the covers.

In truth, you might as well have just masturbated.

 

You crave acceptance with a junkie's greed,

you need to told what a good job you've done.

Your ego is hungry and it must feed,

with no regard for the rubbish you've spun.

 

Yes, you put feelings to words to page,

but it's clear, to my ongoing frustration,

you view rhyme scheme and rhythm as a cage.

You want not truth or art, just emotional gratification

 

Poetry is meant to be experienced, not just read.

Raw feelings and words are just half begun

We don't just write poems . . . they're bled.

In ways and rules that you simply shun.

 

We don't do it for the acceptance or praise, 

because we know that oft times, it's for naught.

Our reward is the clever, subtle turn of phase,

with such accomplishment you could never have bought.

© 2008 El Suplexo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There's an old saying that tact is the art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way as they'll actually look forward to the trip. This is, if anything can actually be termed as such, a tactful rant; it says things, that, less artfully expressed, would come out as angry flamethrowing, and, as such, would be greeted with a boatload of hurt, angry reviews. Yet this is so well constructed, so tightly done, that the sledgehammer is swung with grace. This is some impressive work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Damn! That first stanza totally makes me think, man, you're right, sometimes things really shouldn't be said, just thought.

Like the difference between sex and masturbation.

Totally got you there, assuming that's what you mean, anyway.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i like the beat and movement of this work..and some of the home truths.

p.s. noticed the comment below. I have never known W.C. to be closed to criticism. He has always
provided & accepted it with equal grace and goodwill. He has been a wonderful source of
encouragement to myself and others & is an excellent writer.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You love the reaction from people even if it is bad, you my friend are very clever and in my opinion calculated and a great writer. I think your addicted to shock value of getting a rise from anyone. You are probably bored of people being sickly nice and patronising. You are also f****** very funny. If Emo's as you call them masturbated I think they would be smiling all the time and change the name Emo to Masto.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
zee
Beautifully written, I love how it flows. This is obviously getting back at someone who offended you. The words here are definitely humbling. I hope he/she reads it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I'd like to find the balance between encouraging other poets to work outside their own feelings and slamming them, though I don't think I've ever done that even in a workshop. When I first joined WC several days ago I offered what I thought was a mild critique of a poem that had great possibilities and the writer blocked me completely after letting me know how much he resented my comments. You are, perhaps, more courageous than I, but I don't feel at ease responding to a poem I can't be enthusiastic about. I had hoped that WC would be more than that. So I admire your courage and agree that WC should be more than a self-esteem booster. Thanks for posting this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amen, and thank you a thousand times over. Your words speak volumes some will never begin to fathom...I feel this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


There's an old saying that tact is the art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way as they'll actually look forward to the trip. This is, if anything can actually be termed as such, a tactful rant; it says things, that, less artfully expressed, would come out as angry flamethrowing, and, as such, would be greeted with a boatload of hurt, angry reviews. Yet this is so well constructed, so tightly done, that the sledgehammer is swung with grace. This is some impressive work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the message and the manner of speaking here. Very nicely done. It certainly has bite. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love the pattern and steady flow.
This poem radiates.
A devil may care tone with a genuine love for the written word.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

494 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2008
Last Updated on June 6, 2008

Author

El Suplexo
El Suplexo

SoPas, CA



About
El Suplexo began his life in a roadside cafe located in Southern Italy. His mother was either a young flower maiden with delusions of omnipotance, or an drunken Irish pit fighter, no one is sure. Hi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..