Sometimes He Say's No

Sometimes He Say's No

A Poem by Celie Rose
"

God has the right to say No to our prayers.

"

I would like to talk about something most do not want to hear.
It is God's right to say NO to some prayers, please don't fear.
Why is it that God does not have to explain when he says NO?
It's Because we do not need to know the answers that he knows.

Is it because God loves us, at times he needs to protect us?
Protect us from the unseen, things with dire consequences.
Or, is it that God is God and we are not, his love too divine?
Has no beginning and no ending, there's not limit on his time.

NO, you were Nonexistent, awaiting God's creative hand.
Or, were you there watching him create mountains and land?
Were you there when he created great luminary called sun, so bright.
Were you there when lesser luminary brightened up the night.

Did you assist in dividing the waters in the Heavens between the earth.
Made dry land appear, and waters he called them seas, magnificent worth.
Were you there when he made grass sprout, beautiful scenery to show.
Were you there when he caused vegetation and trees to grow.
Were you there when he created flying creatures, and the beasts of the field?
Water creatures big and small, showing great magnitude without yield.

Is it because his reasons and purpose is part of a plan we cannot comprehend.
Ask yourself these questions when you feel your prayer was a NO.
This is no sin.
Were you there when he created his most special One.
To redeem man from sin and death, his only begotten Son.

Where were you, when he created Heavens, and brand new earth?
Just look at his marvelous work, the stars, planets and endless universe.
Were you standing there when he formed the first man from dust?
Were you there to see when he blew into his nostrils, this act so just.

God blew into his nostrils the breath of life, saw man was alone, offered him a wife.
Made the man fall into a deep sleep, used a rib to give his woman life.
Do not complain or reject his judicial decision, when he says NO to a prayer.
Just know that he loves you, knows whats best and will always be there.

Ultimately God is in control, is aware of our plight. He does answer our prayer.
His wisdom is true, discernment for you is understanding. He does care.
So instead of allowing God's NO to discourage, disappoint or push you away.
Trust in him wholeheartedly, cling to him, give him thanks and praise everyday.

Remember he is our loving creator and he knows each of us inside and out, and for good reason he can say NO.

© 2015 Celie Rose


Author's Note

Celie Rose
Please view my poem and tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

To often people treat prayer like the shopping network, they want stuff, they don't think about the consequences of value. Which is why we now live in a disposable society, we treat everything and everyone the same way "I can always get another one". If you were looking down on humanity and had to answer all the mindless prayers we make then you would be saying NO most of the time as well. Nice prospective and a good message as well, now if only the message will be received you might make the world a better place :~)

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think sometimes as people we are too impatient to wait on God. But God's way is always the best. Thanks for sharing

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great content, well written, fantastic read. We are selfish beings, of which our favorite subject is ourselves. Our God is loving and patient, he sees our iniquities and offers mercy. Well done.

So glad its a non-fiction write,
Josh

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for sharing! This was excellent! A great read, and I really appreciate you sharing this with me because I loved it! Have a great day, and please keep writing, never give up.

Posted 8 Years Ago


When God says no..it is either for our own good or to teach us. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a very riveting poem, not sure i can see the true meaning behind your intended words, but i can see you've succeeded at this fine piece.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This was inexplicably beautiful and though I try to type at least a paragraph of text I feel that I am going to cry if I stay on this poem any longer so I will just leave you with a well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a brilliant piece of writing, I not only enjoyed reading it, I appreciate the lesson. There is a lot of truth contained in it.
I'll definitely read more of your work :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You got it going on Celie Rose! I absolutely loved reading the were you there? questions. My favorite part of the poem. Really shows the passion and love for your God and makes people (well, me at least) see how remarkable the world really is and how blessed we are to be put in it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I agree.
"Ultimately God is in control, is aware of our plight. He does answer our prayer.
His wisdom is true, discernment for you is understanding. He does care.
So instead of allowing God's NO to discourage, disappoint or push you away.
Trust in him wholeheartedly, cling to him, give him thanks and praise everyday."
Sometimes we are given what we want. We don't truly need them. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Yes true... He's name is Jehovah almighty god. He created us for a reason. Love your poem

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

970 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 16, 2015
Last Updated on September 16, 2015
Tags: God, creator, life giver, salvation, acceptance

Author

Celie Rose
Celie Rose

Syracuse, NY



About
I am Celie Rose. I am a novice writer. My reason for being here is to learn. I want to write poetry, short stories, and, eventually, novels and screenplays. Put my ideas down in writing and be creativ.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Quilt The Quilt

A Story by Celie Rose