Bits and Blurbs

Bits and Blurbs

A Poem by Christopher Norton
"

A smattering of random thoughts and seeds for other writing. This is how all my stuff starts.

"
   Intellectuals are studied in the thoughts and ideas they deify. Confirming their learned status among other intellectuals. Thinkers are the people who keep coming up with ideas so the intellectuals can feel so important.

                                     -------------------------------

     Take the cheeseburger out of your fat f*****g face and put down the basket of low priced, foreign made garbage you are pushing through Wal Mart in your PJs and think about what today is REALLY about. Say THANK YOU to the greeter you shove by on your way to Dunkin donuts. He is the reason you are free to be such a self absorbed a*s hole. Now take a moment to feel adequately ashamed that our heroes, who bled for our land are forced to work in menial jobs (if they can find work at all) where their honor and valor are traded for a blue vest and a "how do you do?" How do you think they feel when they see you in your mumu and jelly donut face paint toss your can of diet coke on the floor for them to pick up? Is this the best we can do people? Really....? We do a good job of building monuments and making speeches but the majority of general issue troops get forgotten when their duty has been served. Our best and bravest deserve better. Say thank you to the greeter and the guy who holds up signs at the roundabout. It is the LEAST we can do for the people who lay down everything to keep us free to live in a country where we can keep being ungrateful fat, selfish f***s.

                                    ---------------------------------------
     
     The world is exactly as absurd as you assume it to be. 


                                     --------------------------------------

     It only takes a single snowflake to start an avalanche. One word of kindness or cruelty to push someone to one side of the fence or the other when contemplating shooting up their school or office. You never know how much snow a person has weighing on their heart so learn to help shovel out the people around you. Pick your words carefully as if they were bullets and watch who you shoot your mouth off to. Speak up when you see someone who can't speak up for them self. When words don't work shut them up for the good of everyone around you. Violence and cruelty are not the same thing. Violence to prevent cruelty is kindness. Next time you see someone spewing hatefulness and cruelty, do the kind thing and break their f*****g jaw.

                                       -----------------------------------

     I am a generally disagreeable person. I thrive on misery and self-sabotage This unstoppable drive to f**k up my own life should have been the death of me many times over. I have squeaked by more times than is reasonable. Despite my sourpuss outlook, I'm glad. Glad I live in a world that challenges my ideas and plans. When I figure out how to make it work for me, I'll be a brilliant success. Until then, I'll just complain about something new every day until I'm bitter and alone and sleeping in a box. Take THAT society!

                                                      --------------------------

     Free to good home; grumpy, selfish, misanthropic sociopath who complains constantly. Will talk for long hours about things you don't want to hear. Will behave in a generally paranoid, anti-social manner. Can pay part of rent and bills. Knows how to cook.

                                              ----------------------------

     A thin ray of moonlight cuts a narrow swath across her porcelain skin. In this ruddy and forlorn place, it shines with a beauty that catches the slightly upturned corners of her lips that belie the empty frown she hides behind. He knows how far away she is but for now, she lies silently breathing. He searches for a word to breech the unimaginable distance between them. Nothing comes out. What do the hopeless have to say to the damned.

                                                 ------------------------

     Words of stone laden the stoutest heart a burden that none can bear. Knowledge kills magic; by the time you know the moon isn’t following you, you're well on your way to being a bitter, hunchbacked cripple, crawling along under the weight of a lifetime of pebbles, stones and rocks. Longing for a day when you surrender to final collapse, leaving nothing but the fucked up legacy that was forced on you.


                                              ------------------------------

     If I had wings of silver, I would fly away on waves of red and golden sunset. No more for this world. Somewhere below the western edge of the land. A place off the maps that lives between the pages of books you will never read, in the silence that stretches itself in those little moments between words said in anger. To a waiting smile on a staircase long ago. To lay my monster head down in a field of poppies and sweet water. Burry myself in beauty and sweetness. It's never far away as we like to think. Take the plunge and suck in a rattling breath. Fall and fall and wait for the crash that never comes. Goodbye.


     Behold! The unblinking eye of the beast. If you are reading this on your cell phone you are already carrying the "mark".Right in the palm of your hand. Our whole lives, broadcast on the airwaves. All hail the Prince of the Power of the Air.... religion is fun. Leave a comment if you believe that Satan is conspiring with cell phone manufacturers to raise an army of heathen bloggers and internet demons armed with unlimited wi-fi capacity.

© 2014 Christopher Norton


Author's Note

Christopher Norton
I collected a bunch or random pieces of ideas and lumped them together here for safe keeping.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That read like a horror flick of an ensemble of...
What The F**k...
yet the blunt tone and reality of it hits you...
smack in the head...and you keep reading...
this guy is onto something...
a lot on his mind and a lot of things to say...
I'm sure there is more to come...


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Christopher Norton

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and taking the time to offer a real comment. I like that you get the "smack in.. read more
Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

you're welcome...write on...



Reviews

That read like a horror flick of an ensemble of...
What The F**k...
yet the blunt tone and reality of it hits you...
smack in the head...and you keep reading...
this guy is onto something...
a lot on his mind and a lot of things to say...
I'm sure there is more to come...


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Christopher Norton

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and taking the time to offer a real comment. I like that you get the "smack in.. read more
Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

you're welcome...write on...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 5, 2014
Last Updated on March 5, 2014
Tags: poems, life, death, love, beauty, humor, hate, sarcasm, irony, random

Author

Christopher Norton
Christopher Norton

S. Glens Falls, NY



About
Subtlety is not my style. How can I describe myself without sounding self-indulgent? I could say something dark and clever but the truth is, I'm an uneducated, high school dropout who has never don.. more..

Writing