Mirror

Mirror

A Poem by IAmGhost120
"

"And it eats you alive/With its razored teeth/A smile of blood/While your remains weep." Sometimes, you are the only thing that stands in your way.

"

Let us conjecture

That if every dog has its day

Then

The foot shall become a limb

Become a body

With a voice

And every man gets its say.

 

And it eats you alive

With its razored teeth

A smile of blood

While your remains weep.

And it stands in your way

And sits in your place

As you disappear.

 

Doors locked and bread crumbs,

Awaiting the end.

© 2012 IAmGhost120


Author's Note

IAmGhost120
Does it make sense? I wrote it with dark thoughts on my mind. It's meant to say how you can be your own enemy and prevent good things from happening to yourself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It does make sense, at least to me. I could go into details, but to put it down simply, when a dog has its day, it isn't always a good thing. It can be a good day for somebody else and their happiness gives us a trend of sadness and depression that makes us feel like a worthless pile of nonsense and it tears into our skin and drinks the blood we can barely hold onto. Maybe its just me, but I think of that when I read this. Beautifully written, IAmGhost120.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow this is such a deep and interesting poem! And it definitely makes sense. I loved the lines "A smile of blood. While your remains weep." You didn't waste any words in this poem and always were being straight to the point. I love that. This is brilliantly written!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great job, lean, sinewy write. No words wasted. There is philosohy and wisdom in the lines which do lead us to think and conjecture. 'And sits in your place//as you disappear' are the lines for me. I cld muse on that thought for a long morning.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It does make sense...very well written...very powerful...great job

Posted 11 Years Ago


It does make sense to me. You hit the nail right on the head very powerfully. It certainly makes you think! Great poem!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, very well written and great wording as well as flow! Yes, it makes sense and this is amazing! It has so much emotion and the tone changes the atmosphere in the room to fit the poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


sometimes i feel this way, already defeated without having tried. sometimes i hate myself for things i am not. very poignant piecel

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm not sure I get it, exactly, but I still like it a lot. Very nice :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think I get it. Overall I like it, it's an interesting poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nicely expressed and vivid. Good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Does it make sense to whom? I suppose that if it makes sense to you, then it does, in fact, make sense to someone...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

734 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 26, 2012
Last Updated on August 28, 2012

Author

IAmGhost120
IAmGhost120

About
So. You wanna know stuff about me, huh. Well, I'm a human, and I'm alive. I live on Planet Earth, which is in the Milky Way, and I live on a large landmass surrounded by ocean. I have a nose, two .. more..

Writing
Clay Clay

A Story by IAmGhost120



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fire and Rain Fire and Rain

A Chapter by Alex Vidmar


Words Words

A Poem by IAmGhost120