Live, and Let Go

Live, and Let Go

A Poem by Joey Nizz

Have you ever had the reminiscence of something in your former days?
Just thinking of every attainable way you could have altered it, made it last longer or finally made it work?
You spend your days, hours, minutes and each second thinking about it, you wake up thinking about it, you can't sleep or you don't have enough sleep because your thinking about it.
You go through your daily life thinking about what could have been, you go to bed hoping and praying that it will come back or it will change.
Nothing lasts forever, you go through your life thinking about it, thinking about yesterday but not today. Your in denial with yourself, having heartaches and headaches regretting.
We're all young, all young at heart, yes we are reckless and yes we are too daring but we are alive!
We all make mistakes in life, its a part of living and its a part of growing and you never stop growing, we meet people we love people but we also lose those people but that's the way life works.
Letting go doesn't mean you are weak or you are giving up
No
Letting go is a part of life, letting go is facing your fears to open new doors
And letting go, means growing up
Be strong enough to let go and just be patient enough to wait for what you truly deserve.

© 2017 Joey Nizz


Author's Note

Joey Nizz
Close your eyes
Clear your heart
and let go

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The first question really made me stay and read the poem. And I'm glad I did. As I was reading it I kept thinking "yes, yes", nodding like you could see me reading it, lol. The last line really got to me and it's something that I will think about this entire day. Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Lol I get you, I sometimes do the same if I was reading something that my mind got hooked on finishi.. read more
Beautiful and inspiring :)!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you, im really glad that you think so ^^
So trueeeeeeeeeeeee........ . ..........

Let it go
Look forward to new

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Yuupp!
Start new rather than freezing in your place.
Thank you for your review.
All a part of getting to know oneself better I think ... reminds me of a ten day silent meditation I did called Vipassana. You get to did up al lot of the past and observe it when you concentrate only on the in and out of breath through your norstils. Man you did up stuff you haven't though about in many a year ... then it's all there layed out either for judgement, but judgement is worthless seeings as the past no longer exists - or - you can accept it and let it go.

Nice words my friend - TRUTH !

Glad I read that X

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you i'm glad you think so, and your right I agree with you when you said that the past no long.. read more
KWP

6 Years Ago

welcome X X
this is very true. there are so many things i would change if i could, going back and changing things sound marvelous. letting go is hard, you wrote this very well :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


rowan.taylorrr

6 Years Ago

yes, it would be easier if we could go back. so much easier
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Yea I agree, but what to do this is how life goes.
rowan.taylorrr

6 Years Ago

yes very true, well done :)
Patience... Deep breath... In... Out... Patience... Not letting ourselves dwell on negativity can be a MONUMENTAL task... One that requires most of my spare time, at least... You really do bring encouragement to written form, and that takes a big heart... Thank you, and encouragingly penned...!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Your very much welcome and thank you for views and thoughts :)
This is so convincing and relieving..
Life is a race
We all have different paces
Different speeds...
But, we all complete this race
We run after success, nor excellence!
This was worth reading!!
Awesome:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

I agree with you 100% thank you for this comment and for your review :)
You said very eloquently what I've told others: sometimes it's not quitting - it's walking away. Wisdom comes when we recognize the right time to do that. Your pieces show your lessons learned and I should think stand as encouragement to those who struggle with these lessons.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

I am glad that you are also thinking the same by telling others abut this, and yes at the right time.. read more
Love your encouraging messages!! Love this one we all need to hear it! Sometimes I get stuck in a glitch, it's hard to recognize sometimes. What a great reminder to keep in the present!
For the past is only a distraction from being here and now!
Great write and read!
Tabby

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Im really glad you liked this one Tabby, we have to remind our selves about who we are and that we a.. read more
"we meet people we love people but we also lose those people but that's the way life works." So true indeed...

A very relatable piece with a very nice message...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank your for you review and your thoughts about this :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

672 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 5, 2017
Last Updated on June 5, 2017
Tags: Past, present, now, today, yesterday, life, growing, heartache, patience

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Wish My Wish

A Poem by Joey Nizz


Judgment Judgment

A Poem by Joey Nizz


It's Time It's Time

A Story by Joey Nizz