In Your Memory

In Your Memory

A Poem by Joey Nizz

It has been 3 months since the world has lost a true talent, a talent that a lot of people including myself looked up to, with the words he sang and wrote, it was devastating for everyone when they Lost you, Chester, you were an idle and  an inspiration and every day or whenever I listen to your words or read them I shed a tear or two, you have changed a lot of people with your words and made them feel safe, your words brought us something to relate to and to make us break free from the walls we were trapped in, so many people have honored you in their way and for me, I didn't know how.. because I didn't believe it when I got the knows that you were gone.. the person who taught me so much and made me follow my passion to music and my passion to write when I was afraid.

You made me the musician and writer I am today, and I know it took me a while but last night I honored your memory in a way only you knew how.

In collaboration with a band, we made a concert in your honor covering the songs that you wrote that meant a lot to you and meant a lot to us.

You brought a lot of people together and a lot of people we brought together last night and we all sang and shed tears of happiness and sorrow, for knowing you and for losing you.

I was really happy that I honored you in a way you knew best, you will forever be remembered and will always be in our hearts.

Thank you, Chester, for the gift you have brought upon us and the lessons and art you have taught and showed us.

Thank you again, Chester, thank you, and I hope your soul is at peace now.

Farewell.


© 2017 Joey Nizz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was really nice of you to honor Chester the way you did. He was very talented and was a big part of a lot of peoples lives. Depression and suicide is real and as we can see by Chester, it doesn't matter who you are, rich, poor. I pray that Chester is at peace now. Thanks for writing this!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

I pray for the same as well, and yes he was very talented and he rose above the ranks from where he .. read more
Donna

6 Years Ago

Your welcome Joey!
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

check this one out also

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/JN358/1942006/

read more
A very nice tribute to someone almost lost...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Lost but forever remembered.. Thank you for your review :)
I posted my own tribute to Chester... I titled it "King of Flawed Reason"... His loss hit me heavily... Thanks for the gentle reminder... You are the best, Joey...!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Ill check out what you have wrote, and I agree with you, he was a king, and hi s loss was heavy on a.. read more
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Of course, Joey, thanks again

I miss him so much! It's hard to listen to his songs now !I always wanted to meet him one day! He seemed happy but who knew...it's sad, heartbreaking but still can't believe it's been 3 month from now!


Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

No sadly I didnt because I live so far away and cant go because of the commitments I got here.. but .. read more
zaisham9393

6 Years Ago

That's awesome and I agree :)!
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Thank you ^^
Nice tribute, it's been a while but he's popped up in the news recently for his will. However, you may call it a poem if you'd like but this is prose. I understand you can pretty much call anything poetry if you really want to but... come on man, do you really think this reads more like a poem than some poorly punctuated prose? I'm not trying to bust your balls I'm just commenting on what I see.

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Its all good man, we all have our own opinions and views in life :)

Thank you for you.. read more
I still feel his loss too. He really was an inspiration to many. Loved this.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

I hope so too, and he has always been there for everyone with his words in each song, he will be mis.. read more
FlatLineBeauty

6 Years Ago

I have grown to watch that sometimes those who endure the most they keep trying to give and they kee.. read more
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

I agree with you and yes, some people are just to caring and loving to think about them selves and j.. read more
to the gone but never forgotten. thanks for the lovely poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Well said and thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 22, 2017
Last Updated on October 22, 2017
Tags: Death, loss, talent, honor, inspiration, memory

Author

Joey Nizz
Joey Nizz

Manama, Reef Island, Bahrain



About
Whatever the mind and heart creates, I put it down with my pen on a paper, whatever inspires me and whatever inspires others, I got to share the inspiration and the knowledge and the hardship that I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


LOVELESS LOVELESS

A Poem by CAPOLAVORO