Jay/Jules POV

Jay/Jules POV

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire
"

Jules and Tenebris tell Ava and Emilio how they came to the mountains, and the life they were trying to escape.

"

[Jules POV Detected]


I blink in the sudden darkness, my sensors overcompensating for the sudden darkness. After my vision adjusts, I turn to look at the others. Tenebris’ gaze is darting around the dark room, fear in his eyes. I know he’s afraid of the dark, but he’s never said why. Ava’s expression is a combination of confusion and surprise, maybe a little fear. Emilio… his expression is anger and frustration, confusion as well but mostly the first two.

“We can talk later,” I promise. “We’ll tell you everything. We need to find Manipulator first, though.”

“Of course,” Emilio says, and his voice is cold. “Take as long as you need. Come on, Ava, we’re going home.” The two leave, Emilio leading Ava back up the stairs and out of the house. I’m not sure how they’ll get home. Will they walk the whole way? I can’t imagine them taking our car, even out of spite.

My gaze flickers around the room, scanning every device, every blueprint. Only a couple blueprints are missing, depicting weapons that could transfer or steal powers. One device, besides the heli-drone Manipulator had taken with him when he’d vanished, was gone: an underwater drone-submarine, that could expand to hold a person inside of it. Why on earth would he need a submarine though? I push the thought away. We need to find him first. I tell Tenebris what Manipulator stole.

“I think I can find where he went,” Tenebris says finally. “But I don’t think we should. He took the blueprints but he doesn’t know the first thing about building. It’ll be a bunch of gibberish to him. Sure, he took the sub-drone and the heli-drone, but we can rebuild them and they can’t be of much use to him if they aren’t finished.”

“Alright, we’ll let him go… this time,” I agree. “Come on. We need to explain things to Ava and Emilio.” Tenebris sighs at this.

“We might have just lost the only friends we have in these mountains, and our chance to start again,” he admits. I nod, then remember he can’t see me. With a thought, I turn the lights back on, and he blinks rapidly at the sudden brightness in the room.

“Yeah,” I agree sadly. Ava and Emilio… how could they possibly feel about us now? We’ve kept so much from them… and to find out from Manipulator, of all people!

“It’ll be fine,” Tenebris assures me, reading my expression correctly. “We’ll be fine.”

“But will they?” I ask, surprised at how hollow my voice sounds. “Now that they know the truth… or part of it anyway… who knows who’ll go after them next?”

--Time Lapse: 1 hour--

We’re sitting around one of the tables at the Torres Bakery, watching the workers clear out the last of the glass and install a new front window. Tenebris and I offered to take care of the cost, but Emilio had refused our help. Now he’s avoiding looking at us at all. Ava seems fidgety and unsure, not knowing how to feel. I decide to break the ice.

“I know we’ve been keeping stuff from you guys, and I know it’s wrong,” I begin. “I’m not trying to make excuses, I’m just asking you to listen.” Emilio looks up, meeting my eyes, as does Ava. I can see curiosity in both of their gazes. They’ll listen. I launch into a story of everything that’s happened since the end of my seventh grade year, when I joined S.O.S. to try and save my friends from S.W.O.R.D. Tenebris fills in where I wasn’t there. Ava and Emilio listen in rapt attention. When I finish my story, there’s a moment of silence, as if they’re trying to process it all. For a second, I fear that they’ll think it’s all a joke, and get even more angry.

“Thats… interesting,” Emilio finally says.

“You believe us, then?” Tenebris asks.

“Yes,” Emilio confirms. “Though it’s quite a bit to take in.”

“I would’ve done the same thing,” Ava assures us. “You were trying to leave that past behind, and you needed everyone to believe that you weren’t Jay and Darkling, so that you could do that.”

“Yes,” Emilio agrees. “I admit, I was angry before, but I understand why you couldn’t tell us.” Tenebris and I exchange glances.

“What have we done to deserve friends like you?” I say finally. “Thanks, guys.”

“No problem,” Ava and Emilio chorus. “Just… no more secrets, okay?” Ava adds.

“No more secrets,” I promise.

“No more secrets,” Tenebris echoes.

No more secrets.


[Jules POV End]



© 2017 Jay_Bluefire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

in the first sentence, you say sudden darkness twice

Posted 6 Years Ago


break the ice... how ironic.

Posted 6 Years Ago


ooh good i like it it says that i have to have 25 characters or more, so i'm going to type more. hi. there. i typed more. bye

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2017
Last Updated on December 1, 2017
Tags: Ice and Shadow, Jay, Darkling, Descendants


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire