Jay/Jules POV

Jay/Jules POV

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire
"

It's one year after they settle in the mountains, and the two former villains have made a life as singers and musicians, as well as a couple of friends at the local bakery to help them along.

"

[Jules POV Detected]

“Hey, Tenebris,” I say as I walk into the kitchen. “I’ve finished making the wedding invitations, let’s send them out today.”

“Oh, thanks,” he replies, “I didn’t know how we were going to do that.” We both laugh. Tenebris finishes making waffles and sets out our plates.

“Yay, waffles!” I exclaim. Tenebris raises an eyebrow. “What? I like waffles!” I say, feeling the need to defend myself. Chuckling, he grabs the maple syrup and pours a ridiculous amount on his waffles.

“Your waffles are drowning,” I observe. A tiny green light flashes in the corner of my eye. “Oh, someone texted me,” I say. I sit back and focus on the green text.


Ava_Torres: Hey, are you guys doing the gig at the bakery tonight?


“Ava wants to know if we’re open to sing at her bakery tonight,” I tell Tenebris.

“Yeah, we’re open,” he confirms. I shoot a quick text back, and another green light dings a second later.


Ava_Torres: Thanks guys! See you tonight!


Ava was one of the first friends we made when we got here. Her and her husband Emilio had been living in the mountains for five years when we got there. Torres Bakery and Cafe was a popular place to stop by and grab a coffee, doughnut, or anything really that had bread as part of it, or to stop and chat or use the free internet. We’d become fast friends with the Torres couple, partly because their bakery was the best place to start our musical career and partly because they're such nice people. Seriously, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone as nice as them.

“Uh Jules? You in there?” Tenebris asks.

“Oh, yeah, just thinking,” I reply. It took a while, but we finally got used to calling each other by our real names as opposed to our aliases.

“What about?” He asks.

“Nothing specific.” He raises an eyebrow. “The Torres,” I admit.

“They’re really cool, aren’t they,” he responds.

“Yes, they are,” I agree. “Well, we’d better pick out a song.”

--Time Lapse: 10 hours--

We walk into the cafe hand in hand. I run through the lyrics of our song one more time before we step up to the podium. Tenebris adjusts the microphone.

“Hi everyone, I’m Tenebris Hunter and this is my fiance Jules, and tonight we’ll be singing Demons by Imagine Dragons.” I hear whispers of recognition. People know this song. I grab a mike and take my place next to Tenebris. The lights dim slightly for effect, and Ava gives us a thumbs up from the counter, using her other hand to push her floofy red hair our of her face. Her green eyes shine in the dim light. I grin in response to her gesture.

“You ready?” Tenebris whispers. I nod slightly. Suddenly, the entire cafe goes black. Tenebris, using his powers for effect… again. I grin, then focus as the music starts. Tenebris starts the song.

When the days are cold, and the cards all fold, and the saints we see are all made of gold…” He glances at me, and I come in on the next verse.

When your dreams all fail, and the ones we hail are the worst of all, and the blood’s run stale…” I stop as Tenebris takes over.

I want to hide the truth, I want to shelter you, but with the beast inside, there’s nowhere we can hide…” We both sing the next verse.

No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed, this is my kingdom come, this is my kingdom come…” Suddenly, on the beat before the chorus starts, light cuts through the darkness and blazes around the stage. We both sing the chorus.

When you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide, don’t get too close, it’s dark inside, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide…” The next part overlaps, and I sing the next verse as the light dims.

When the curtain’s call is the last of all, when the lights fade out all the sinners crawl…” Tenebris jumps in for the next verse, and I fall silent.

So they dug your grave, and the masquerade will come calling out at the mess you made…” We both sing the next two verses.

Don’t want to let you down, but I am hell-bound, no this is all for you, don’t want to hide the truth, no matter what we breed, we still are made of greed, this is my kingdom come, this is my kingdom come…” The lights flare again, and some guests join in for the chorus.

When you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide, don’t get too close, it’s dark inside, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide…” Tenebris starts the next part, while dimming the lights again.

They say it’s what you make, I say it’s up to fate, it’s woven in my soul, I need to let you go…” I sing next, and he fall silent.

Your eyes they shine so bright, I want to save that light, I can’t escape this now, unless you show me how!” We both start the chorus again, the lights blazing brighter than before.

When you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide, don’t get too close, it’s dark inside, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide…” As the last notes of the music fade, the lights go back to normal. Tenebris takes my hand and we bow before stepping off the podium and handing the microphones to Emilio, who darts behind the counter to put them away. We approach the counter, where Ava is chatting with a customer excitedly.

“You guys did great,” she gasps when we step up to the counter. “Seriously, I was crying.” I don’t doubt it, as nice as she is Ava is she can get a little emotional sometimes.

“I’m sure you were,” Tenebris says wryly, mirroring my thoughts. We all laugh at that. Emilio walks up carrying his old-fashioned camera.

“You recorded us?” I guess. He always does.

“Yes, and we - Ava and I - were wondering if you’d be able to come tomorrow too,” he wonders.

“Actually, we’re busy,” I say, remembering that our wedding is tomorrow. “It’s our wedding,” I admit. Ava’s eyes widen.

“Where is it?” She asks.

“Sorry, I can’t tell you,” I say. Though it sucks that they can’t come, Emilio and Ava can’t meet the rest of the invitees. It would blow our cover entirely, and I don’t want them mixed up in that crazy world.

“Alright,” Ava replies, and I can tell she is hurt by what I said.

“I’m sorry,” I apologize, “we made the invitations list before we met you, and our friends don’t do well with meeting new people.” That much is true.

“It’s fine,” Emilio attempts, but I cut him off.

“No, it’s not, that’s why I’m apologizing. We just…” I trail off, hoping they understand.

“I understand completely,” Ava says to my relief. “That’s how it was with our wedding. We couldn’t invite half our friends because some of them didn’t get along with our family and, well, family comes first.”

“Thanks for understanding,” I thank them. “We’d better head home.” Ava and Emilio nod, and I take Tenebris’ hand as we leave the cafe.

“Tomorrow,” he whispers.

“Yeah, tomorrow,” I say. Then it dawns on me. “Tomorrow.” Tomorrow…

Tomorrow we’ll be married.

[End POV]



© 2017 Jay_Bluefire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

EEEEEE I LOVE IT and the 1st one, idk why you have the reviews disabled. You've come a long way from the prequel, you write so much better now!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 24, 2017
Last Updated on November 24, 2017
Tags: Ice and Shadow, Jay, Darkling, Descendants


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire