Nature's Splendour

Nature's Splendour

A Poem by Jess
"

people of this generation are so engaged in their lives that they are blind to view the exquisiteness of nature.only if they stop to observe the plants,sky,birds,grass they'd know the beauty of nature

"

Just across the stream, is located a place

With greenery all around and  blueness of the sky

                      

I sense the soft green grass and mellow glow of the sun

Which makes me overwhelmed and makes me want to run

 

When the light warm breeze brushes against my face

I feel the sense of utter bliss and peace

 

The parrots pigeons and doves flying in a ring

They twitter and they sing like musicians of the king

 

I see the bees as they buzz  and hover

Sucking the nectar of the colorful scented flowers

 

The true beauty of nature is found everywhere

We must open our eyes to observe and care

© 2016 Jess


Author's Note

Jess
I really hope this poem makes a difference to people's perspective of looking at nature and make them understand and feel it in a more deep way.
And of course it would mean a lot to me if the poem is appreciated by the reviewers.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, I loved it :)
I strongly agree with you about nature. I live in a city mostly because of work and sometimes I forget how beautiful, peaceful it can be to just walk under the sun, slaloming between trees, hearing nothing but the wind and the birds. I'm not sure we're made to live surrounded by walls made of plaster and cinderblocks. If everything was only about me I'd spend most of my time outside taking pictures and breathing pure air (if it still exists).

Anyway your poem is great, I do feel the same sentiment :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jess

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much
i'm smiling like crazy



Reviews

Ah yes, I mean, I liked the poem I reviewed the other day. But this one? I like it much better! :)

The style you`ve chosen for this poem is free form, which is noted.

Now, I`ve got nothing to complain about to be honest. Only positive stuff, so let`s get to it, eh?
What I`m happy to see this time is that you`ve got some space between the stanzas. Which is really great, the words aren`t clunking up on each other like them good old Roman orgies their politicians used to have. Which makes it visually appealing and that`s great.

Second I want to talk about is the rest of the technical stuff. There were no grammar mistakes, the poem was broken up in stanzas which are appreciated. The lines had a good flow and were connected to each other. Plus, in my opinion, the poem had a great ending.

Third thing I like is the message behind this poem, so true and relevant to this day and age. I agree, we should appreciate nature. After all, without it, we can`t live. Our food comes from nature, the plants gives us oxygen to breathe and it`s a beauty to look at overall. I totally agree with you! :D

Therefore, I`ll end this review by saying: I really liked it, definitely something I`d recommend to people I know likes poems. A good read, indeed. Looking forward to see more of your work, keep it up Soldier of Literature! Never stop writing you hear? :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jess

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed the poem and yes that's what I wanted to tell ya know that its im.. read more
Daniel-Andre

7 Years Ago

That`s good milady. Keep on writing, that`s the only way we can become better. Even if it`s just a c.. read more
Really very nice poem. I like this poem read 4 times. keep up continue

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jess

7 Years Ago

Thank you :))
This is a very strong poem. I love the use of couplets here, in terms of the fluency of the poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jess

7 Years Ago

Means a lot to me:)) thanxx
I really enjoyed this poem. I think I will read this to my Nan. Since she loves the nature. And I bet she will love this too.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jess

7 Years Ago

Thank you and that is so sweet *-*
Outstanding work Jessica.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jess

7 Years Ago

Thanks :)
Very nice, a sentiment that I share. Put down the cellphones and look around, everyone. Once again your deep awareness of surroundings and passion to express them makes this poem rich and meaningful. I sense that you might even long to simply write stories -- you have a knack for describing scenes. Keep expressing yourself through poems and verse, for your work is indeed appreciated by those who read it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


"The parrots pigeons and doves flying in a ring
They twitter and they sing like musicians of the king"

Best line out of the whole thing. Now, description is good, but too much of it is harmful. Some of the added scenery is good for setting the place and time, but if you're not careful, it can lead to the poem being a little stiff in regards to the overall flow.

"colorful scented flowers"

I felt as though that this was unneeded. Maybe if you need a couple extra syllables to throw in there to make it fit, then it's okay to say that, but it just didn't roll off the tongue like it should have. I hope I wasn't too harsh, I can get that way when I stay up past my bed time, but I have a very narrow view of how poetry is written which is funny bc in truth, poems should be free and s**t like that but idk, Im weird.


Posted 7 Years Ago


I agree.
"The true beauty of nature is found everywhere
We must open our eyes to observe and care"
When we open our eyes and see the beauty of nature. We can see true beauty. Thank you Jess for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote


Posted 8 Years Ago


Jess

8 Years Ago

Thank you. Its a pleasure
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Out of all the poems I like this one the most, its not because all of your other poems arent good, its because of the detail and imagery you have placed here, I like the play of words, the painting of its color and symbiosis of its lines. Want to see more like this. Nature drives me alot.

Posted 8 Years Ago


you have a very positive message here, jess - you are an advocate of nature, the environment - necessary for man's survival and depth of spirit - poetically speaking, you could tweak some of the lines for a better flow and shape - nice write :)

steph

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1036 Views
54 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 26, 2016
Last Updated on January 26, 2016

Author

Jess
Jess

About
I think I'm one of those people who stay in a conflict about who they actually are. I struggle to find which way i look better. I have a deep imagination which has no end. And if you ever meet me then.. more..

Writing