Fact and Fiction

Fact and Fiction

A Story by Kaye Adell
"

Fact and fiction some people confuse the two. What will happen when Lance merges the two together with Alayna?

"
Lance went to Alyan's apartment on an impulse. They'd been acquaintances for years. They kind of knew each other from work and mutual friends, but no relationship between either of them. He had been invited over to her apartment for watch parties. He knew that she was kind of going through a hard time, so he thought he would cheer her up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You like fiction and I like reality," she said to him after he had made up some ridiculous story about two random people falling in love that met on a plane.
"Is that really a surprise to you?" he said smiling. There was not answer, he continued, "Besides aren't they the same things sometimes."
"Lance, what are you talking about?" she asked him crossly.
"Well, think about it. Many of the great classics didn't come from thin air. The authors were inspired by someone or some event in their life," he explained to her.
 "I suppose you're right. For the most part they brought attention to the problems of society and ways to make life bearable even if it is horrible at times," she said agreeing with him.
"I'm glad you agree. Do you still think my story isn't too impossible, Alayna?" he smiled at her again.
"Hmm... I suppose not. It's unlikely, but I suppose not impossible. Lance, What is your point in this?"
"I'm trying to get you to loosen up. You've been in a bad mood all night," he told her.
She let out a sigh, "Well, how do you expect me to act under these conditions?"
"I know. I know. I was just trying to get your mind off of the whole mess. Anyway it's getting late. I think I'm gunna go," he replied and started for the door.
"Lance, wait. Sorry I've been in a bad mood all night. I am glad you came over. I thought this would put me in a better mood but it didn't work," she said trying to forget about it.
"I'm sorry; I didn't seem to help much. Maybe we could have coffee this week, and you can tell me about it. I'll be like a wall and you can say whatever you need to say," he told her and smiled.
"No, it's ok there's nothing really to tell," she sighed ,"He decided to cheat on me and wasted six months of my life with him. I ended it as soon as I found out what was going on. I didn't ask any questions. I hate excuses."
"Well do you still want coffee this week with me? I'll pay," he said knowing she couldn't resits.
"Sure, Lance, you know I can't turn down free coffee," she said finally smiling.
"Thursday morning?" he asked walking towards the door.
"That'll work," she said fallowing him.
"Good night, then, Alayna," he said standing outside.
"Night, Lance," she said from inside of the apartment.
Lance gave her a quick peck on the lips and he was down the hall. He knew he was a coward, but he didn't care. He kinda wanted her to chase after him. Then, he heard footsteps behind him. He looked back, but it wasn't her. Oh well, he thought, she probably hates me, but I wanted to kiss her so much I couldn't take it. For Lance that night fiction did become reality.

© 2012 Kaye Adell


Author's Note

Kaye Adell
Review please thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it. It really spoke to me. What influenced you? I kind of want to know what happens next......

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on June 3, 2012
Last Updated on June 4, 2012
Tags: heart break, break up, new beginning, crush

Author

Kaye Adell
Kaye Adell

About
Writing is a hobby of mine that very few people know about. I hope your reviews will help me become a better author. I've thought about writing for a career but not too seriously. more..

Writing
Pride Pride

A Poem by Kaye Adell