He knows pain

He knows pain

A Poem by poddar kushal

He knows pain

He let them take his advantage,

Plunder the soft tissues of heart.

The eyes hurt to conceal dark brooks.

They pick him so easy and taunt.

We never know abstract pain.

We can ask the boy, a minor

Who is certain to know much more

As his mates know of ways to rag.

The school gate and the palsy green

The face with a slight twitch is mute

To a world of less important

Busy buzz and complex layers.

He bows his head and moves inside

To face another day’s darkness.

 

 

© 2008 poddar kushal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

parts were very abstract, parts were more concrete and allowed me experience some emotions. towards the end i had the feeling of... autism... of a boy with autism, lost in his own world, feeling a pain beyond the type that we normally know... the pain of being alone, and not able to communicate the way we need to.

of course, that ws my interpretation. :)
i enjoyed it, nontheless. i did find the second half to be mor relatable than the first half though
hugs


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

He bows his head and moves inside
to face another day's darkness.

Wow! Insightful and touching.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I could see the boy and his fear of going back into that school so very clearly.
This was a very vivid piece for me, having heard of so many curel things children have done lately... though I wonder if it's any more cruel than what I had to endure or dished out myself...
Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


well written blend of emotion and visual images, the inner desperation of 'normalcy.' presented poetically.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I liked it a lot. I thought it was very abstract, as many people have said, but at the same time, easy to follow. Great job!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Different, your writting had a very unique approach to it. A good piece.


Posted 16 Years Ago


this was an abstract piece and could be talking about a deity or a person, good poem

Posted 16 Years Ago


I have two young boys and I see all kinds of pain and grief taken and given every week. We can be very brutal animals. Some give pain without even realising it. Others take it and hide it. It is just the way nature makes us. Some are made sensitive some are made brutal. I like the poem as it captures the hell that many kids feel daily in the chaos of heirarchies that exist in any school.

But the biggest bully in the English school system is the government which drives kids to sit test, after test, after test, after test from the age of about 7. The whole testing system puts massive stress on children, massive stress. Winners and losers are identified early. But then a 'modern market economy' MUST have winners. Kids in other European countries do not even go near a school until they are 7.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I felt emotions of loneliness and social isolation in this poem. It left me with a feeling of overall sadness. Great poem!



Posted 16 Years Ago


I like the abstract points here. Nicely done!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Bullies can jade a child's malleable heart so easily and usually without remorse. What's hard to remember when you see a grown up bully is that they might have been the heart broken child one day long ago.

Superb write.

Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2008

Author

poddar kushal
poddar kushal

kolkata, India, India



About
life and trying to earn bread made me an advocate. mad at my own stressful self, turned to writing. poems mainly. but, there are several short stories published in my mother toungue 'bengali'.i live i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Two of Us The Two of Us

A Poem by Nico