To the Stranger

To the Stranger

A Poem by Logan Carryall
"

apoxy for the ailing soul

"

To the Stranger

 

 

The beggar attempts to

Let the blind man see

For the blind man had gouged

Too long and too far

Finding nothing at all

 

With a face full of mud

In the sunburned confessions

The beggar aimed to keep

Saying:  

 

"That road isn’t far

Go

Find Solace stranger.

He ain’t too far neither

Septum

And craters

Notin but shade in the sun,

Why,

Creation Abounds,

Cant see that now,

Now

Rest in at the blinds

Shades and dale

Stranger

Beknown of the ones before

So hasty finds no names,

And by night you meet more

So don't ever have enough

 

Down the way watch on that

Future namin'

The ones that grow,

 

All on like weeds down in da soul 

 

Tell unto the fortune teller

Friend,

"Why it’s difficult to say

Good god, man

Just say it today.""

 

© 2008 Logan Carryall


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Logan Carryall
And?...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I kind of liked this, Juliette suggests men spend their time in minutes, I'd say breaths and heart beats, sunrises and moon cycles myself, but thats just me. So whats does he know? And what has he told? I agree.....

"Why it's difficult to say

Good god, man

Just say it today."

Enjoyed.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have something to share but don't know if I should... (see K grimace)

Who is better off, the beggar or the blind man? I imagine that I occupy the skins of both on different days, sometimes even the same day.

"A face full of Mud." That is what we put in our eye before taking another shot... yes??

Juliette says men spend their time in minutes, Armada says breaths and heart beats... my first thought was to say that "men" spend there time going from one hard-on to the next... (see K slink down in her chair) I perhaps am missing the point by putting too much emphasis on the "Man" part of the poem...

"So hasty finds no names,
And by night you meet more
So don't ever have enough"

What is enough? I don't think anyone can define it... probably because what is "enough" for some is not "enough" for all... We never know when we have it. I don't anyway.

"Tell unto the fortune teller
Friend,"

People distract themselves from the feelings of having less than "enough" today, and worry about having enough for tomorrow. Does that make any sense at all...

Enough connection, does anyone have enough of that?... connection how?? A physical one... hence the hard-on... easier to feel that one has had.... "enough" of that I suppose but, once your heartbeat returns to normal then what?

I crave connection.... in thought ....... yeah, body too but that isn't where I am going with this. So much harder to determine what is enough of thought... does anybody really see the things I see, think the same way, dream a similar dream? I feel lost and alone. I abandoned the sinking ship in my youth and I have been adrift on my ocean of thought since ................ I can remember...

And?... that's all I guess...



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I kind of liked this, Juliette suggests men spend their time in minutes, I'd say breaths and heart beats, sunrises and moon cycles myself, but thats just me. So whats does he know? And what has he told? I agree.....

"Why it's difficult to say

Good god, man

Just say it today."

Enjoyed.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

is he genuine in his attempt? im not sure. i wonder where he's headed but it doesn't matter and there is the beauty. the brilliance. i wanna ask him what he sees. men spend their time in minutes!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2008
Last Updated on August 11, 2008

Author

Logan Carryall
Logan Carryall

Upstate, NY



About
Logan Carryall is a young man who lives in the apple orchards of New York, New York. About ten minuets from the Hudson River, Logan drinks near barges and trains. The world seems much bigger without a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..