How to be a better friend and person

How to be a better friend and person

A Story by Lordpickleboy
"

My thoughts on how to be a better person and a better friend

"

There is too much harassment and bullying in today’s world. Too many people who need to learn to forgive and forget, people that need to face their own issues instead of taking others down. There are too many broken friendships and relationships. Every broken relationship and lost friendship makes me really think deep about what went wrong makes me wonder if there was any hope of it being any different if I had said anything different. I have always accepted it’s my fault but there is a deeper answer to it than most think. It takes 2 people to fight in the end. More than that though, people need to learn to forgive and forget to move on. Some nights will be hard but every day you wake up is 1 day farther from what happened. Sometimes I think people walk away too soon or too easy, sometimes you just need a night to sleep off what happened yesterday, and you can come back to that friendship and fix it back up. Sometimes though you just have to know that it maybe wasn’t what you did and sometimes you have to understand there isn’t a fix for the issue. Abusive and toxic relationships are things you can’t fix and shouldn’t ever try. Every day when you wake up and you just have to take a deep breathe and think to yourself it’s a new day a new me, a clean slate. Sometimes you just have to look in the mirror and say to yourself. I can make today happen, yesterday was the past its time to move on. Cut away the toxins, block that number, that contact. Let them go, walk away from the pain that brings you down every day. Every night before I go to bed I close out or at least minimize all my applications so all I see are my backgrounds, because when I wake up I turn my monitors on and I see a new start a fresh start to make a better day a better me a better friend. I strongly encourage others to do the same. The pain may not ever go away but sometimes you just have to move on make new beginnings and make new ends. This is why we need strong and encouraging friends, a person that will hold you when you start to feel yourself falling down. I know so many people I just wish I could help more than I do but I sometimes just have those down days myself and sometimes I just feel I’m not good enough for some of the people. So many broken people with pure hearts and pure souls and it hurts me when I see them so hurt so torn apart. I just want to find them in the world wherever they may be and hold them tight and never let them go just to remind them there is someone who still cares someone who wants to see them succeed with there dreams. Often, I’m bad at helping people in the moment but their words never leave my mind until I find something to help them. There are a few people especially that I just can’t stop thinking about wondering about. Just wondering how it feels to be in their shoes. To just feel the pain, they feel just so I can truly understand what they are going through. Some people I think about a lot more than others. The ones I think about the most are the ones that just destroy my heart when they say how torn apart their world is, yet they seem to still act so happy and positive towards things. I wish more people would open their eyes and look around them because in every one’s everyday life there are tons of broken and destroyed people. How you can see it is in their eyes there is a huge difference in the eyes of people who are fine and those who are totally shattered. Nothing hits me as hard as when I just see complete emptiness in people’s eyes that shattered look and complete hopelessness. I talk mostly to people online and even still it is so easy to find a shattered person. When they go from talking and laughing to just complete silence or just disappear from a call. You know either something you said or just something that crossed their mind just destroyed all their happiness. Why I am always open to people. Make it apparent I’m there if they need me I’m more than just a guy to play games with I can laugh and joke around, but I know when to be serious when to just listen to people and I wish more people learned this skill. I wish more people thought about what they were doing before they do it too. Bullying is just one of those things that completely shatters me I can’t stand it makes me want to just walk up to them and let them know what their actions result in for that person.

© 2018 Lordpickleboy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on April 20, 2018
Last Updated on April 20, 2018
Tags: love, friendship, desolate, alone, bullying, abuse, help, self help

Author

Lordpickleboy
Lordpickleboy

About
I love to write short stories and things i like to think about more..

Writing