Blessings of Love for Life

Blessings of Love for Life

A Poem by Lorraine Pearson
"

"a blessing"

"

 

 

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Blessings of Love For Life
By: Lorraine Pearson
May 12, 2008



May your once upon a time
Be your happily ever after
Should you find
Your dreams come true…
Let its grace fill you with laughter.

As love surrounds your life
Have it bind
Your hearts together
Holding you and yours so strong…
In any kind of weather!

May these blessings
Just continue
A love that starts today
Let your sunshine and this joy
Remind you to convey-

Each moment as a treasure
Never to overlook…
Together
Write each chapter
Of life lived
In your Love's book!

May your once upon a time
Be your
Happily ever after...




© Lorraine Pearson 2008

© 2008 Lorraine Pearson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such a beautiful sentiment, which, when coupled with the wonderful image you married it with, is worthy of framing. I especially love your repeated refrain..."may your once upon a time be your happily ever after"...brilliant and powerful. That line itself would be a most exceptional wedding toast. May we all be so blessed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

that is just beautiful great work!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


The last stanza sounds GREAT, just where it is. I really like the way the words click like some antique puzzle. It's beautiful.

Great job.
--Vanessa Alyse

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Wishes ringing truly and happily...the bells peal across the meadows and restless plains penetrating even the stormy valleys or our existence.

Wonderful thoughts...as bright and hopeful as the picture preceding them.

Flawless...!

Daniel

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you, Lorraine, for this beautiful blessing. It touches the heart, making it sing, it heals the soul, and it reminds us that no matter what happened in the past , today is the begining, in fact every day brings a new begining to everyone.

This is a true treasure and would not only make a beautiful wedding toast, it would also make a beautiful wedding card as well.

Life is something we all live, love and the gift of giving and receivng love is a wonderful thing.

I think we should all have a "Love's Book " to remind us of all the steps we took along the way.

Thank you for writing this, Lorraine. It is beautiful.

jen-JG



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a beautiful sentiment, which, when coupled with the wonderful image you married it with, is worthy of framing. I especially love your repeated refrain..."may your once upon a time be your happily ever after"...brilliant and powerful. That line itself would be a most exceptional wedding toast. May we all be so blessed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, I loved the first two lines. They set me straight for the entire poem. This was written with such a light, friendly air to it. It was so kind, it FELT kind, let alone sound kind. Let your once upon a time be your forever after. This can apply to so many things, it really hits me close to heart.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Sometimes we tend to forget how truly fortunate (blessed) most of us are. Though we may not have that perfect job or dream home or exotic car or whatever... most of us have everything we really need. The majority have never really known hardship. And for others among us who are facing the battle of (or for) their life, there is still hope and strength to be found. That strength and hope can come to us here at the Cafe among the thoughts and prayers of others. Or it can be found as we sit alone with our true needs in our closet of prayer, seeking the One who can and does "help".

This is a beautiful reminder to be thankful for everything we have Lorraine. Let's agree that in five years time you will add a verse or two. By then we'll all have a little more to be thankful for.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this Lorraine! It really reminds us to be the one to make our dreams come true. I love the first stanza! Barbara

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A truly graceful and delightful blessing... in a world of pain and hate we must cherish every blessing we receive, especially the loved ones in our life.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow! That's beautiful. If tears were something I shed, I would shed tears for this poem. It's beautiful. This is poetry in its perfection. The beautiful language, the flowing form, the rhyming couplets...it all works so well! I cannot hope to describe the emotion and the power that radiates from this poem. In fact, I need not say it. The poem says it all. This is a poem that makes life seem more beautiful than it is. It is filled with optimism and hope for love, for life, for everything. I bow down to you.

It seems to be written with such flowing elegance. Each stanza is written to perfection. There are no gaps in the writing. There are no slight questions or postulations that come from it. It is clear and precise. Of course, I am sure there are subliminal meanings beneath this poem but I cannot be one to explain these to the readers. In fact, I see no need. People who read this will interpret it in accordance with love. There is no wrong interpretation, as they often say.

The choice of language deserves recognition; it is a poem written like a fairy tale. That's exactly how I interpret it. This is a fairy tale poem, one for the ages.

'Write each chapter
Of life lived
In your Love's book!'

Those lines were sheer genius. It's beautiful. Each chapter...it seems to demand interpretation. What are these chapters? How do we know when one chapter ends and another begins? The questions don't need to be answered. In fact, the questions come from within. 'Love's book!' - These are the two words which seem to string everything together. These words just demand attention. It's not Life's book, it's Love's. That's what makes it special. There is this central clear focus upon Love and it is done with an elegance that I cannot describe. Words escape me.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 12, 2008

Author

Lorraine Pearson
Lorraine Pearson

Largo, FL



About
I am a freed soul that enjoys writing as much as reading. Its exciting to be amongst others in a forum such as this where no matter the path I'm on in my journey through life, I know I can express wh.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..