THE TINY ACORN

THE TINY ACORN

A Story by LynnPenCakes
"

Take an enchanting journey into the life of a tiny acorn as it's destiny is fulfilled!

"

THE TINY ACORN



As a tiny acorn hangs suspended high up in a tree, will someday fall free to earth, to be..


A tiny acorn once attached to something great, lay still and motionless, cast among the shade.  Wondering and pondering much she did do... over the next several weeks thoughts flew and flew.

Till one day she was caught by a wind and a gush... with quickness she traveled along with some brush.  The brush not attractive seemed to cling and hold... while onward and onward she would go...

While wondering in her heart of her day of rest, suddenly she found herself scattered and alone in a field of dying grass.  She felt the thunders of footsteps as they would come and go and waves of rain as she was washed and sewn.

With time now to think she relaxed and became calm.  She knew one day soon she would evolve.  With gentle coaxing, she felt the day begin, as the thinning and breaking of her outer skin.  She was compelled to expand and break free at last... free from that shell that had contained her destiny so vast.

Now with freedom she strethched forth and yawned, as she sunk her roots deep within the earth's arms.  Then thoughts to see clearly invaded her mind so she strove and strove to break through dry ground.  At first the sight was dull, the grass dried and broken, winds were blowing and leaves scattered all about.  Still stretching onward and upward was her desire and oh how she wanted to shout.
Through many seasons she did grow till all at once she noticed how much so.  She now stood tall and great, a magnificent tree... with branches galore and leaves aplenty.  She took delight in the tiny birds that would perch among her branches to sing and be heard.  Their songs brought her joy and great delight as many would come out to see this beautiful sight.

To sit in her shade and relax many would do while drinking in the freshness and enjoying picnics too.  She could hear voices as they praised the creator of heaven and earth, the very one who had given her birth.  She was content and thought the day well as she thought along of all the things God had contained in her shell.

As she grew tall and strong she felt such peace, to know her mission, to know her release.  She wondered at times as she stood straight and upright, if she would survive some cold and long nights.  Survive she did well for her path had been set, her destiny attached, her mind at rest.   

As the daylight came up on this particular day, she noticed how beautiful the landscape, it was such an array.  What had once been dry and brittle, dead and dusty ground, was covered in greenery with such colors all around.   The visitors came daily and sat under her great shade as they drank in the fragrance of lush meadows of green grass.

On that day as she stood tall and looking about, she sensed there was change, change in the air.  Her heart wondered and pondered and thought all about, what was this change?  What was this change about?

She was hushed as she contemplated and listened for His voice when into her spirit came the words of her Lord.  He had designed her with great care each step along her way and now would reveal to her, His will for the day.  To give of her life as she had once known, to now be crafted and sanded and hewn by sharp stones.
 
She felt pain as her bark split while deep cuts pierced it seemed, her very soul.  As she rocked to and fro she felt her release from the strong roots that had held her and now she lay at their feet.

She found, as she lay silently, her branches removed, her bark stripped leaving her uncovered and exposed.
She felt the coolness of chains extend round her trunk as she was hoisted high into the air then settled with a thump.

She now felt wind brisk on her uncovered skin as scenery would whisk, then whisk again.  She withdrew deep within herself to consider all that she was told.  She had heard the Master, he was her Lord, He had spoken of needing her wood to be carved.  She was glad to be of service, she was happy to be picked, she knew in her heart this was her most important submit.

She now felt the craftsman begin his work as she stood tall and proud of all that she 'd heard.  He began his work with his tools and stones as he was  crafting a mighty throne.  A throne to be used for one greatly honored and loved...

At last he had finished as she felt cool dampness cover her skin, she looked and such warmth and depth he had carved in.  As she caught her appearance it captured her gaze, for mighty her presentation, beautiful in every way.  She was brought to her place and sat high upon a stone, with steps reaching up to this mighty seat... this carving, a majestic throne.

She saw multitudes pass as delight was seen upon their face, they beheld her beauty, her poise and her grace.  Then one day came the telling, one day her purpose had come... yes, she was a throne, but now in her heart she knew, the throne of the Chosen One..

As He entered the courts all heads they did bow as they worshipped their Chosen One, their voices raised loud.  He was the beginning and He was the end... He saw the earth void and refurbished again.  He was the Mighty One yet gentle as a dove... The Son of God, yet became a man of great love.

He now moved with sureness up the many steps and stopped in front of the throne of His Greatness.  He took His seat and His voice was heard to speak to the multitudes blessings and proverbs.  He was loved and adored more than any she had seen... He was God, the God of everything. 

Her days were many as she filled His throne room, as she sat for His presence and heard all His words.  She saw His great glory, as so much did unfold, as the Master of the Universe shared His words to behold.

As she thought back now on her simpler life...of a day of being suspended in a great and mighty tree... hanging until dropped to the ground and set free.  She was thankful for all He had brought forth in her life but joyed the most, resting in His sight.

© 2008 LynnPenCakes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on August 6, 2008
Last Updated on August 6, 2008

Author

LynnPenCakes
LynnPenCakes

Hill Country of Texas, TX



About
I am here to practice and improve upon the skill of writing. I like to think that what ends up as words within a story or poem originated deep within my heart as a message that brings comfort, joy or.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5