Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
When (your) Love dies

When (your) Love dies

A Story by Mac. S
"

What it's like for me to lose the one I loved very dearly. My best-friend and the one that knew me, understood me best. And in her words "I don't love you FOR anything, I love YOU."

"
I remember very clearly the softness of her hair as I ran my right hand's fingers through it. The slow rise and fall of her chest against mine against my left hand on her side, hugging her to me. I couldn't fall asleep that time to her presence. Perhaps I knew something was to go awry. She, on the other hand, fell asleep almost instantly when she layed on my left side, head on my chest where my heart was and her arms infront of her retreating into what was previously my hoodie. She described that as her favorite way for me to hold her.

I had a faint worry I'd lose her if I stayed close. Nonetheless, I took my phone with my free right arm and played her favorite song on loop, and sang it a bit to her. Telling her I loved her, and all these other things I knew she couldn't hear. But I said them regardless. After a few hours of that, I woke her up cause we had plans that evenin' to go out to dinner and swim. That was the night I lost her though. The night that the woman, the person, my best-friend, had died.

It's hard to explain the feeling I get when I have to wakeup and see reminders of her everyday. Especially seeing her name carved into my footboard from happier times. I still run my fingers over it wishing "we" had never happened. This is certainly just a vent, no moral lesson to be learned from it. Another bleeding heart I 'spose.

© 2017 Mac. S


Author's Note

Mac. S
I was laying in bed as I wrote this before my daily evenin' nap. Was considering making it a chapter but was against it as it doesn't pertain aswell. (Attached picture is a goofy little doodle she made in reponse to my teasing of her being about a foot shorter than I. I figured the doodles being faceless fit it alot better.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

damn... I lost my sister and my best friend but I wouldn't know what to do if I lost my love.

I'm sorry

sad piece of work

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 6, 2017
Last Updated on September 6, 2017

Author

Mac. S
Mac. S

About
I'm another writer, posting stuff on this site for archival purposes mainly. I'm a rather young person that wants to use my writing to help people through their troubles that I might relate to. I l.. more..

Writing
Horizons Horizons

A Story by Mac. S


First:Balance First:Balance

A Story by Mac. S