I found a goddess: on a wheat-enveloped road

I found a goddess: on a wheat-enveloped road

A Story by Mac. S
"

How I met the one I love, blegh blargh, ignore if you want. Just nonsense

"
This path is always in one of three states; either it's covered in wheat as wagons bounce along, or covered in snow, freezing and on rare occassion can it be found dry. Rare, was it not, today: atleast for the path. I was a boy of about twelve years of age, parents had left me alone to make this trip on my own: one of the first times trusting me to do so. I forgot already what my purpose is. What I was sent to do, but I figure It'll come to me when I get there.

And so I walked on the wheat-veiled road, observing the horizon and the fields of grain that'd yet been cut. Off in the distance ahead I saw a figure, sight too poor to keep tracking or identify. So I averted my eyes and only glanced on occasion, feeling as if they were staring at me, and so I was nervous even as they drew closer. Soon they were upon me.

She looked a girl about my age, if not a bit younger. She had long black hair that would reach her butt (not that I was looking or anything) and skin a little less pale than my own. She were a good bit shorter than me, although not a rare quality with my uncomfortable height. She of course acknowledged me and looked me up and down with a mischevious, if not outright evil, grin. It was this grin that led me to chase the crease in her cheek to the light freckles on her nose and to the blue of her eyes: eyes not unlike my own.

For some reason that grin felt like a challenge to keep a friendly nature, and so I smiled my most innocent smile, nodded my head politely as we passed eachother by. But a "Humph" from her broke my character. A sound as if she predicted me, as if she knew me. A gesture to suggest I were not worth her time. I picked up a pebble and lightly tossed it her way, pegging her shoulder when I was aiming for her feet. She didn't seem mad, and took two full steps before turning around and asking "What?" She seemed a sort of suprised and irritated: but let me reiterate, she was not mad, and for that matter, neither was I.

I was curious if anything and before I knew it I broke the silence, and furthermore, her stare. "Rude not to exchange greetings, what's your name?" Her brows twitched for a second, not really expecting my overly polite tone. "Boy" she said, almost a hiss. She went to turn around again when I retorted "Aziel, actually."
"What a stupid name."
"If so glorious, do share yours."
"I have no interest in you, boy."
"Then walk away."
Her attitude seemed that of a year older than me, on second glance. In our quickfire round I sat down on the edge of the path that overlooked a field of wheat. And she went to turn away, obviously reluctant.

"You are alot like me, you're like a Mini-me."
Obviously taunting her height and our similarities in hair and eye colour.
"You're nothing like me, you act like an a*s." Although I would later learn her first impression of me was a bit different: although I was still an a*s.
"Then what are you?" By this point I was tossing pebbles into the sea of wheat, not looking at her. She sat by me, getting a little too close, her eyes reflected the sea of wheat as if it were water.
"Emerald."

Why was I comfortable with this girl? Never have I socialised with such fluidity. These were questions I asked but didn't know the answer to, 'til near a year later.
We talked, for quite some time, so long I became late to whatever I needed to do. We talked about religion, philosophy, all sorts of things you'd talk about with a deep friend. But we had just met.

"I bet you I can find the next pebble you throw."

"Oh?" I picked a pebble up and carefully examined it, remembering it. Handing it to her to remember it, I finally noticed the smile on my face. Rare is it I grin like I did with her. I took the pebble back and chucked it. That damned girl, the god of luck was on her side. She found it no trouble, every, single, time. No matter how far or short I would throw it. No matter her eyes open or closed!

I wish I were exaggerating. We coined that pebble's name as her "Soul Pebble" cause she seemed drawn to it like a magnet. Not unlike me and her after we met. I have trouble believing we ever had the intent to truly be "just friends." And even now, I doubt we could have.

© 2017 Mac. S


Author's Note

Mac. S
I was probably about half-way writing how it really happened but I figured that's a bit personal, and opted to make a fictional story that has similarities and the core of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on September 9, 2017
Last Updated on September 9, 2017

Author

Mac. S
Mac. S

About
I'm another writer, posting stuff on this site for archival purposes mainly. I'm a rather young person that wants to use my writing to help people through their troubles that I might relate to. I l.. more..

Writing
Horizons Horizons

A Story by Mac. S


First:Balance First:Balance

A Story by Mac. S