Fire flys like fireflies

Fire flys like fireflies

A Poem by Mac. S
"

Short prose

"
Emotions are like a fire. They are nutured their entire existence to some extent. The more wood you put on the more fire you get out: the more the output. And like fire, when you starve it, the output is lessened. Fire is a human tool, however; like other human tools it gives back tenfold the energy put in it. So why not give to a peron's fire a bit? If they give back ten times that.

Rare, is it, that the fire is extinguished. But it happens. Once evening I woke to a scary truth that doused my fire with a sorely cold water of sobering reality, hopelessness, helplessness. This fire had no hope of being rekindled. But if you've ever tossed water on a fire you see some embers escape. My last ember, she drifted through wind and before she got a chance to go out to the winter air. She landed on a pit cultivated with wood, germinated with fuel, and dry as the sun itself. And thus another fire was lit, different from the last but nonetheless bringing about a certain sense of kinship.

© 2017 Mac. S


Author's Note

Mac. S
Just made it as I went. Had a song come on I liked and had to look at the name.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on September 14, 2017
Last Updated on September 14, 2017

Author

Mac. S
Mac. S

About
I'm another writer, posting stuff on this site for archival purposes mainly. I'm a rather young person that wants to use my writing to help people through their troubles that I might relate to. I l.. more..

Writing
Horizons Horizons

A Story by Mac. S


First:Balance First:Balance

A Story by Mac. S