I prefer Nightmares

I prefer Nightmares

A Story by Mac. S
"

Small personal story about why I prefer to have a nightmare instead of a happy dream.

"
"I love you", I said confidently, with a smile, caught up in the moment.
"I love you too", she replied just as naturally as breathing. In that moment I felt a sort of spark inside of my chest and head. The reason that her words caused that utopian feeling is because those three words are a bit of a taboo for her. She has trouble being sure of her feelings unless she is reminded. And although I know she loves me, even when she doesn't know, It is always better to hear it in the voice that near tickles my soul.

I look at her smile then her eyes and place my left hand on her right cheek, rubbing it with my thumb for a second. She gets in a playful bashful mood when we are like this. And so she bites my index finger at the first digit. I don't get to remember her warmth forever.
"I'm gonna goto the bathroom." She gets up smiling, even as she leaves the room. She'll be back in a bit. I close my eyes.

Almost immediately opening them, I'm facing my orange LED clock. 5:40, it's not night anymore. I want to break down because I am able to immediately recognise that it was a dream, that she isn't coming back. But I cover myself with my covers and for a few minutes I pray that she'll walk in, normal as can be: to no avail.
"This is why I hate happy dreams." Because I always wakeup sad, feeling like I've been cheated of that happiness. Cheated of the ending. With nightmares I wakeup and I'm glad they are over. But dreams with her, I could fall into a coma for the rest of my life and not care, as long as I get to see her. Even if it's just in my mind. Happiness can reach me even from dreams

© 2017 Mac. S


Author's Note

Mac. S
Felt like writing about this morning. Ignore mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on October 31, 2017
Last Updated on October 31, 2017

Author

Mac. S
Mac. S

About
I'm another writer, posting stuff on this site for archival purposes mainly. I'm a rather young person that wants to use my writing to help people through their troubles that I might relate to. I l.. more..

Writing
Horizons Horizons

A Story by Mac. S


First:Balance First:Balance

A Story by Mac. S