How do you describe yourself?

How do you describe yourself?

A Story by Madhavi

Here I am not talking about your work designation but YOU. Of course your designation matters but it’s going to keep on changing so are you.  In these 7 billion peoples, I find myself to be the tiniest one. Why? Because I don’t make a difference to the world. But is it necessary? You’ll say yes, it is necessary to be popular, to be someone everyone will adore. But not everyone on this earth has that “popular” stamp on them. Take an example of mothers. Most of the mothers are popular, while others are busy housewives. But they do make a difference in the lives of their children’s by being the best mother’s they can. God has created every mother to take care of us on behalf of him. Similarly, God has put that one thing which makes us different from others. Despite the fact that one thing won't makes us popular, it will make a YOU.

It takes time for a person to really understand why they are being sent on this planet earth. What is their purpose in life? There is no need to hurry to know your purpose. It will be known by you as soon God wants you to know it. His games are different and his ways are different.  I would like to share a powerful quote by Socrates:

“If you don’t get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don’t want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can’t hold on it forever. Your mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is law and no amount of pretending will alter that reality.”


Never be ashamed of what you do or you don’t. God always keeps us away from the things which are not meant for us but we judge God by not knowing his intentions for us. And soon we realize his true side when that time arrives. We are all surrounded by both good and bad peoples, it’s up to us not to get let down by the words which make us feel low. We just only have to concentrate on what we are and what we are capable of doing. Sometimes we do things which we never thought would have been done by us. Those are the things which God wants us to see and realize our true potential. But we ignore it, saying “I can’t do it”, but God knows you can and he never stops helping you realize it.

Even though if you can’t make a large difference to this world, never mind making a small difference by making someone laugh, bringing a smile on someone’s face, make your parents proud of yourself and describe yourself the way you want and not how others want you to be.

I believe the one reading this may found my words worthwhile.

I once heard someone say,

If you do not change you do not grow,

But I waved the thought away,

For who were they to think they know,

I always stayed the same,

A heart that thrived within the cold,

And I had no desire to change,

At least that’s what I had been told,

But deep within my mind,

A thought grow slowly, bit by bit,

Until I felt trapped in my skin,

For it no longer seem to fit,

There’s a whole world sitting out there,

Changing every single day,

That proves it’s nothing to be scared of,

If you do it the right way,

For a day afraid to turn to night,

Will miss the silver moon,

And a flower that refuses change,

Will never get to bloom,

I had thought I was a thorn bush,

Only good for snagging clothes,

But if you do not dare to change,

You’ll never find out you are a rose.

-e.h


It may not be early, but soon you may find your purpose in life.

© 2017 Madhavi


Author's Note

Madhavi
Have you found out what's your purpose in this life?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on October 31, 2017
Last Updated on October 31, 2017

Author

Madhavi
Madhavi

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
Hello, My name is Madhavi and i am a proud Indian and proud Mumbaikar. I love where i work, with whom i work and for what i work. I love writing about something which never being expressed easily. I.. more..

Writing
Who are you? Who are you?

A Chapter by Madhavi


SnowFlower SnowFlower

A Book by Madhavi