Where are you from

Where are you from

A Chapter by Madhavi

Chapter 1 " Where are you from?


A broadcasting company was watching their captured videos of the one who are immigrants to Australia and what they think about their country Korea. There were few reviewed from which they selected a video of a guy who was adopted from a Korean family by an Australian family. “There must be some reason she left me, she must not be having food to feed me. Just wait mommy, I am going to give you luxury when I am going to Korea, just wait for some years.” The broadcasters where little hesitant to call him on the show which showcased the orphaned people and had a chance to get their family back.

And the story begins...

Mr. Cha wanders around in his car searching for a bait to get hold of. 50 cent’s song playing in the car. He uses his south Asian face to help the one who doesn't understand English and robs their belongings with his hooligan friends for a living. A girl, south Asian in her 20’s is searching for a place. Mr. Cha arrives “Where are you from” makes a move. “Japan,” she says with a pulled face. “Really, nice to meet you, I am Japanese too, where you want to go, I’ll drop” blowing his bubble gum. “Nice to meet you too, Arigato”(Thank you) with an excitement to see a fellow Japanese. She sits in the car and theirs is a sign of relief on her face. “I am so worried because my English is so ba.. by the time she utter a single word a man from the back seat put a knife under a neck and throws her out of the car.

Ms. Eunchae is tired of explaining Ms. Kang Min Joo that love ain't a game but for Min joo love is like Starcraft. Eunchae’s phone rings “ I don’t want to live anymore " yun choi”. Eun Chae, Min Joo and Yun had arrived in Australia for shoot for few days.

Eunchae in her 20’s live with her parents and two sisters in the basement where star singer Yun Choi lives. Yun choi and Eunchae are like best friends from childhood and she works as his coordinator. Eunchae’s father is Yun Choe mother’s(Audrey) famous actress-manager. Eunchae goes running when she sees such a message of Yun. Yun choi is watching Kang Min Joo's advertise on tv in his bathroom with a frustrated mood. Eun Chae arrives “Why you don’t want to live” with a hesitant voice as Yun is in his bathtub. “She does not reply to my messages” Yun replied. ”You two don’t go well together,” eun chae said without facing him. “Why? Am I not good enough for her? And took a deep breath and sunk himself inside the bathtub. Eun Chae came to her rescue, but he was fussing with her. “She listens to everything you, make her mine, I believe in you,” Yun says this with a confident voice and get out of the bathtub. Eun Chae sits in the bathtub with her hands on her eyes.

Eunchae loves Yun since her childhood but never had she told him that because Yun likes Min Joo whose a playgirl in her real life.

Mr. Cha is buying a dress for her girlfriend in a store where he gets shocked to see her with a man who is double of her age. “Jason has money, that’s the reason I am with him; don’t forget to come for the wedding”. And she passes by Mr. Cha who is now heartbroken.

Eunchae packs her bags and leaves a note behind for Yun to leave to South Korea without her. She struggles to find an airport in Australia. In the meanwhile, Mr. Cha arrives and asks her “Where are you from.”

 



© 2017 Madhavi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

From reading, it seems to be an innovative tale. Liked it. A small suggestion - i think the flow is little off. Please consider if you think it necessary :)
and keep it up :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Gaurav

6 Years Ago

That's nice. On a different subject though Rahul is a very impressive name in India, sadly mine is G.. read more
Madhavi

6 Years Ago

Oh i am really sorry Mr. Gaurav. Maybe i am watching too much of Mr. Khan's movies. My apologies.
Gaurav

6 Years Ago

Haha, No worries. He is a charmer evidently.
A good snap shot of an immigrant to another country and how is he portrayed as a different ethnicity. Enjoyed tremendously...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Madhavi

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. Check out the next chapter too.
Sami Khalil

6 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 1, 2017
Last Updated on November 4, 2017


Author

Madhavi
Madhavi

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
Hello, My name is Madhavi and i am a proud Indian and proud Mumbaikar. I love where i work, with whom i work and for what i work. I love writing about something which never being expressed easily. I.. more..

Writing
Who are you? Who are you?

A Chapter by Madhavi


SnowFlower SnowFlower

A Book by Madhavi