When a friend leaves

When a friend leaves

A Story by Madhavi
"

What happens when a friend leaves, it fills devastating.

"

The month was summer when my best friend left me without a proper goodbye. What does a proper goodbye mean? It means you have an idea about the person leaving you and they leave you because their chapter in your life is over. Their memories are the only thing which remains, even if they come back they won't be the same and life won't be the same. Someone you knew from your childhood suddenly disappears without any idea. I have been very unfortunate with the word "Friendship". Actually, no one stays, and the one who stays is precious until you notice it. If someone asks me to define friendship I'll say "A wonderful experience of enjoying someone's presence." There came many friends after that but no one like him. He was an exception. Or you can say because I only talked to him. There are girls like me who creates a wall around themselves and not all are allowed to enter. The one who tries to break it is the one who cares. 


After many years someone really tried to break that wall. Tried and tried but did not lose hope. I finally let him enter. He was a part of my friend's circle. Someone's presence I enjoyed and cherished. Someone who motivated me to do things right and things I should let go of.  Actually, we should never let anyone enter the wall created by us and if you let them in, you shall take the responsibility. There is nothing like girl friend or a boy friend. A friend can be your parents, your pets, or your neighbors. They just don't have to be a girl or a boy, until they really understand you. A friend never lefts you alone, never make you feel awful, never ignores you. But stay by you in your ups and downs. 


When a friend leaves you, the world seems empty. As if something is lost. You can see him walking away and never looking back again, leaving behind all those precious memories and the hardest thing of all is seeing him in all little things you used to do together at those places where you are left behind. Remembering the laughs, the cries, the giggles in each and every corner of the place you once played together. They come in your dreams sometimes to play with you and have a brief chat and leave tears in your eyes when you wake up. 


It ain't that easy to forget a close friend, even if their chapter has closed, a new chapter opens and a new friend is gifted by God.

© 2017 Madhavi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this piece of all. Although i would say that all your writings brings us closer to define what true behaviors are - be it for mother or friends but this one outlines your own feelings of how friendship even let us break our own walls. Nice one. Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Madhavi

6 Years Ago

Thank you Mr. Gaurav for your review.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Added on October 31, 2017
Last Updated on October 31, 2017

Author

Madhavi
Madhavi

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
Hello, My name is Madhavi and i am a proud Indian and proud Mumbaikar. I love where i work, with whom i work and for what i work. I love writing about something which never being expressed easily. I.. more..

Writing
Who are you? Who are you?

A Chapter by Madhavi


SnowFlower SnowFlower

A Book by Madhavi