~One~

~One~

A Chapter by Lost in Wonderland
"

After three months, Aspen returns to her "normal" life with precious little known about her kidnapping.

"

    Whispers echoed in the halls, following me everywhere I went. A million eyes, burning with curiosity, bore into me. My gaze stayed trained on my feet as I walked hurriedly to class. Honestly, I shouldn't have been so self-conscious. Hell, I'd stare too if a girl from school disappeared for a few months with no explanation. But since I was that girl... it just felt really embarrassing.

     Hugging my binder close, I rushed the rest of the way to first period Chemistry. When I got to the door though, I bumped into to someone, causing me to fall to the floor with an awkward "oomph!"

    "S-sorry!" I stuttered, picking up my scattered supplies. A smooth hand reached out to help me up when I finished. Hesitantly, not wanting to seem like some oddity, I took it.

    "Not a problem." A tall boy with messy brown hair and deep sapphire eyes smiled down at me. His boyish, innocent grin sent small flutters for me. I didn't know if that was good or bad...after what happened, I couldn't tell.

    "Well, thanks for helping me up." I mumbled, starting to pull my hand away. But he didn't let go. His eyes narrowed in concentration. I tensed when his grip got tighter. Hands constricting, neck throbbing, No air, no escape, help, help, help!

     "A-Aspen?" His voice snapped me out of my flashback. I shook my head slightly, trying to clear my daze. "Aspen Marks?"

    I nodded, attempting to give him a smile (and probably failing).

    He let out a shocked laugh and shook his head in disbelief. "It's me, Dakota. Wow its been what, three months?"

    "Yeah, long time." I mumbled with what I hoped sounded like a light-hearted chuckle. I subtly slipped my hand from his, which instantly eased my posture.

    "Well you sure weren't missing much. Chem  with Mr. Rosenburg was boring as ever." Dakota rolled his yes, and nudged me playfully. I flinched away from his touch, realizing a moment to late he didn't mean to hurt me. Flushing red, I muttered an apology.

    "Are you okay Aspen?" He asked, a twinge of concern in his deep voice.

    I nodded a tad to quickly to be believable. "Yeah, yeah fine! Just dreading all the make up work I'll have to do." I plastered a grin on my face. He grunted, feigning agreement while I silently cursed myself for never taking an acting class.

    The bell rang then, causing a torrent of students  to force us into the classroom, like we were fish caught in a current. The desk in the very back called to me with promises to relieve the scrutiny of my peers. Peaceful solitude actually seemed attainable, but once I took my seat, Dakota plopped right down next to me. I stifled a sigh and kept my eyes on my notes, but I knew he was shooting me questioning glances.

    Suddenly a folded piece of paper appeared on top of my journal. In sloppy, teenage boy hand writing it read:

    Aspen, where were you for all those months?

                            And why are you so jumpy?

                            The truth.

    I bit my lip and hugged my stomach tight, wrestling against the dark memories that threatened to overcome me. Taking several slow, deep breaths, I calmed down enough to write back:

    Watch the nine a.m. news tomorrow.

          I don't want to talk about it right now..

    I slid the note back onto his desk, earning a long, confused look. I did my best to ignore the boy next to me and listen to Mr. Rosenwoods monotone lecture. But alas, all I could do was focus on keeping my horrid memories at bay.

*    *    *



© 2012 Lost in Wonderland


Author's Note

Lost in Wonderland
Thanks for reading the first chapter! Hope y'all still like it:) God has the glory and may He bless you <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
i see no error and its really a fine chapter... short just the way i like.. a quick read... now I'm puzzled what really happened to her...


Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

hopefully chapter two will clear that up:)
VERY interested in what happens next! your writing is smooth and the wording comfortable, very fluid. When are you going to update again?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Skye

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

No prob:)
Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

It's up now:)
This captured my interest right off the bat, hope to see you continue it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Thank you:) I hope to have the next chapter soon
God Bless
Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Chapter 2 is up:)
Very interesting. This boy seems to have a special connection with her to begin with. I like the cliffhanger also! I like to be kept wanting to read more. I am taking it that her story will be revealed on the news at 9 o'clock xD

You introduced Dakota in a smooth manner, as some people tend to just throw them in there with the person(s) just walking up.

Also a good job on the first chapter! (:

- Keilan

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much:)
God bless
i want to read more this seems like a interesting book

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
WONDERFULL chapter! It was GREAT! 100/100 Keep writing I'm sure this will be an AMAZING book! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

You're welcome! :)
Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Hey just wanted to let you guys know I have chapter 3 up:)
.

11 Years Ago

I'll check it out ^^
What I've read so far, I've liked. A few spelling mistakes, but we all make those. Haha but yes, it's very good! Keep it up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Thank you! and I'm an awful speller, so sorry in advance haha
God Bless:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

585 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2012
Last Updated on September 21, 2012
Tags: Scarred, Book, Romance, Love, Fear, Abuse, Kidnapping, Help, Isolation, Memories, Dark


Author

Lost in Wonderland
Lost in Wonderland

Wherever my books take me



About
Hi I'm mickey:) Welcome to my page I've been on this sight for a couple of years now and enjoy getting my writing out there for the world to read:) I appreciate comments and will read anything you .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..