Life and Lessons Pt 1

Life and Lessons Pt 1

A Poem by Jason
"

Read the title

"

 

The new revolution won’t be televised.

 The time is drawing near

My future vision allows me to see the pain in the educated eyes clear

There will come a point where the weak, meek, and scared will realize

For something we must stand,  fight, and eventually die.

Let the real thugs rise.

 

The new revolution won’t be televised

Let one hood at a time organize

Each one must teach one to break these mental chains

That’s the only real way to bring about change

Can’t you see we’re just freed slaves ,

Trapped in this American social and economical cage

Am I the only one to feel this rage?

 

The new revolution won’t be televised.

First lesson we must learn is to start treating our black women like queens and wives

Only from in between their thighs will a new nation arise.

Second lesson is to remove the false misconception of material wealth from our eyes

Because this bling, diamonds on each finger, and cars,  you can’t take with you when you die.

Third and most important lesson to me is to is to place all of your faith in the one true God

He is the only one I know who’s always ready to ride

So along with your hammer keep him by your side

 

The new revolution won’t be televised.

Has yours? Cause I know  that my faith in the government and judicial system  has meet its finial demise.

Republican or Democrat, all those money hungry son of a b*****s tell lies.

So I build my foundation of truth on Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X,  Assata Shakur, and the countless others who saw the light, and was gunned down before their time. 

Because the new revolution won’t be televised.

 

© 2008 Jason


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, i am your white bread, but remain dedicated to poetry at least. Yours is good spoken, i tried this, spoke it off the monitor...of course the theme is honest and the thing said is more important than the poem. so... as it comes out of you it is good to hear, that there are voices saying it....i can't... and i live in working class "white" vermont but can listen. So sometimes listening is is as good as speaking. thanks raining

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like to see when poets use the voices that they have when they see something they don't stand for and creatively express it to invoke deep thoughts in their readers. I found myself nodding in agreement to every word. Nothing but truth in every stanza and I had to chuckle at the ironies you pointed out. You keep standing brother, 'cause like you said, the only way to have change come about and to break the mental chains that keep us bound in illiteracy, is for all of us to teach one another and show one another the path we're headed down, and the alternative path to if not a better life, a better after life, which in my book is all we need.

London

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is rich with knowledge. This poem speaks volume. Brother i forgot life can take you away from the tings you love so much and reading your poetry is one of them. I am sorry this is now just getting reviewed. But I left mentally and now I am back. I will be checking out your work later to see how many new pieces are out there.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Speak on it my brotha!!!!

******Snaps and Claps*******

Posted 14 Years Ago


So true and honest this is a every deep poem
The new revolution won't be televised.

Has yours? Cause I know that my faith in the government and judicial system has meet its finial demise.

Republican or Democrat, all those money hungry son of a b*****s tell lies.

So I build my foundation of truth on Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, Assata Shakur, and the countless others who saw the light, and was gunned down before their time.

Because the new revolution won't be televised.


love the way you end it.
Great Pen

Posted 14 Years Ago


soulful
intricate precision
honesty soaked in truth
an inspired piece laced with copious amounts of insight, wisdom and depth
It was a pleasure to read
thanks for the read request


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great updated, modern ode to one of my absolute favorite writers/poets/musicians, the great Gill-Scott Heron. His "Revolution Will Not Be Televised" is such an inspiration to me when I'm wanting to write all militant and revolutionary!

"The new revolution won't be televised.
Has yours? Cause I know that my faith in the government and judicial system has meet its finial demise.
Republican or Democrat, all those money hungry son of a b*****s tell lies.
So I build my foundation of truth on Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, Assata Shakur, and the countless others who saw the light, and was gunned down before their time.
Because the new revolution won't be televised."

I can hear the drums and a strong voice as I read this! I think I'll go write for the cause now!



Posted 14 Years Ago


Thanks for the read request, I really like it. You really said what you wanted to say in a fantastic way. Brilliantly written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, very deep and powerful indeed. I enjoyed this. I felt the anger and emotion. Very nicely written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a powerfully intense write! To say that this piece is thought provoking would be an understatment. I felt your passion for what you believe in throughout this write. I love how you repeated your main point over & over to get your message across. I particularly appreciated the third stanza where you listed three very important lessons that I have to agree with. Especially in the case of our young men today. I can't say that I agree with everything that you wrote about, but I respect your right to your opinion. Overall this is an awesome write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
This is an Excellent piece of art, Jason! There is a lot of truth in each and every line...we are all slaves bound by unseen chains and shackles! The governments are the key and lock holders. They do nothing but serve their own purpose, and are nothing but crooks themselves!
Another Outstanding write from you! Keep up the Amazing work!

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 31, 2008

Author

Jason
Jason

Philadelphia, PA



About
Im 25 from the 2.ONE.5 (Philadelphia). One of the many shades of "black" comprise the color of my skin. No kids No woman, just really good friends. Ok the top part of my Bio was when I didn't think.. more..

Writing
Tea anyone? Tea anyone?

A Poem by Jason