Through The Windchime

Through The Windchime

A Poem by Nipplegrinder

On the days I wonder
if the chimes were your breath
through the strings
the last vibration
of your call
to me
Through the windchime
Had you called to me
as I slumbered
have I slept beyond the whisper
Do you still hearken me
I listen with ear to earth
Feel the forest floor for your footfalls
Sit in rapt silence
to catch your song
Are you listening to mine?

© 2018 Nipplegrinder


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

such a sweet longing in this one...
And I love wind chimes ... :) and associating that with the loved one..hmmm so nicely done...I loved the usage of the words associated with her and the nature... you really do have a very sweet heart ...that understands the feelings in such sweet manner :)
I always enjoy reading your work

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ohhhh, how I love this!! It speaks to that romantic in me that wonders.. always wonders if what I am sensing in a moment could possibly be inextricably linked to the one whose affections I long for.

Not only are you musing about the sounds of these chimes as if they were the breaths, whispers and song of your beloved, but is she listening for your song too? Is she sensitive to what messages you call out through the messengers in nature for her to hear?

As always, I'm taken aback in awe of your writing and emotion.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I read your poetry for the first time a few minutes ago and left a comment. Over the last little while I have read a dozen more and wanted to thank you for sharing your work. I doubt I will make any more comments and I'm just hanging this comment here because it's the most recent poem you have posted. All your stuff is great reading. The thing that impresses me most is your care in using words and your realization that like words printed on paper the white space of studied silence is more important than the inked spaces. Suppose I said, "your poetry breathes"? That might be a way to say it has life, or it creates living space, or it is crafted to give room. All that is vague, I know, but it is what comes to mind. You seem to have a wealth of words: a wealth of breath going on. Thanks.
'
















Posted 6 Years Ago


Nipplegrinder

6 Years Ago

I am absolutely humbled by your compliments. Thank you! You may comment anytime you like.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

671 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2018
Last Updated on February 17, 2018

Author

Nipplegrinder
Nipplegrinder

St. Louis , MO



About
50 year old Gentleman. I write a lot about love. And I write about BDSM. I love to write erotic poems. But, I like to think I do it in a tasteful way. I like to read and review the works of the many.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..