Detatched

Detatched

A Poem by Toney Vega
"

A pseudo-dream I had one time that I wrote for a competition me and my friend were having.

"

I'm drifting,
Floating nonstop over farms and mansions and the regal domains of aquatic life.
The wind envelopes me as it blows gently past,
Wrapping me in its comfort like a blanket.
I look down on this world that I've become so distant from and tears begin to fall from my face back down to Earth.
I wish I could help, but I am powerless to do so,
Unable to ease anyone's pain or bring anyone up here to float with me.
Maybe if I wasn't so alone up here I would find it easier to turn a blind eye to the sufferings of mankind,
But because of my new-found solitude I curse this gift.
Why was I chosen to be the one to soar above the trials of humanity while those I love must continue to suffer?
Why was I the one who is able to escape the world...alone?

© 2008 Toney Vega


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Original, good flow and very creative, excellent penning.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely written. Your words flow clearly off the page and the idea is orginal and creative.

Thanks for entering my contest and the best of luck to you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2008
Last Updated on September 1, 2008

Author

Toney Vega
Toney Vega

Richmond, VA



About
I'm an 18 year old artist who specializes in music and writing. All of my writing centers around my life at the current moment as both a form of escapism and a way to face things that are bothering o.. more..

Writing