1: Unknown Melody

1: Unknown Melody

A Chapter by PokemonFan#1

Retrace I: Unknown Melody

 

 

One afternoon, a medium tall, short dark haired brunette girl with curls at the tips and an array of diamond jewels all scattered in her hair was walking through town wearing a long, pretty white dress with real diamonds all over, glass shoes and a matching white cape hoody to cover her soft peach pale face.

     “A-are you sure this is okay my lady, Sarah?” A man with distressed sapphire eyes with a monocle over his right eye asked. He wore a black tuxedo with a black tie and shoes. “T-to be out in the open like this c-could attract a crowd!” He ran his trembling peach hand through his unkept and unruly seaweed like silk black hair, afraid that Sarah would be recognized in such a rambunctious crowd.

     “We’re heading to Pandora Headquarters, right Demitrius?” Sarah asked sweetly as she placed her hand on Demitrius’s shoulder to reassure her troubled companion. He looked up at her, looking into her ocean blue eyes and nodded. “Good. Now let’s hurry so I can get permission to have a chain!”

     “B-but, princess!” Demitrius called.

     “What?” Sarah asked getting a little irritated. She then suddenly froze. Eyes wide open. She could hear a faint sad tune of a music box. “Do you hear that?”

     “Hear what?” Demitrius asked, puzzled.

     “You don’t hear it?” Sarah asked in shock.

     “No.” Demitrius replied. “A-are you imagining things again?”

     “No. I’m not...or at least, I don't think so.” Sarah said.

     “W-well, we can’t get distracted b-by anything right now. W-when we ask Pandora for permission, we may t-then come back here if you wish.” Demitrius said. He took ahold of Sarah’s wrist and pulled her along. Sarah looked back and returned to looking forward.

~***~

     “Do you think she’s the Princess that can hear other things normal people can’t?” A girl with milk chocolate skin, dark brown eyes and long silk jet black hair asked. She wore a white shirt with matching jeans, black buckle shoes, white gloves, a white conductor’s hat, and a large white over coat.

     “Maybe. Just maybe.” A man said suspiciously. He has short white hair with a bang over his left eye, a single mysterious crimson red eye and very pale skin. He wears a dark purple top hat with poker cards, red roses and thorns all around it and a long light purple ribbon streaming in the back, black pants and matching shoes �" a white shirt and gloves, a dark purple over coat and a black cane to disguise his sword. “If they’re heading to Pandora, then that must mean the princess will try to ask for a chain.”

     “Are we gonna go too Break-さま?!” The black girl asked energetically.

     “Of course, Yasmine. Now, let’s take a carriage there so we can get there before they do.” Break said with a mischievous smile.

     “Yes!” Yasmine cheered, clenching her fist.

~***~

After a few long hours of walking, Sarah and Demitrius had finally made it to the Promised Land: Pandora Headquarters.

     “I……can’t……believe……w-we made it……” Demitrius huffed, falling to the floor, panting.

     “Come on Demitrius! Let’s head in to get my chain!” Sarah said egger to obtain her chain.

     “C-coming my princess…” Demitrius said standing up, the two walking across the courtyard, coming to the doors and walking inside. When they opened the door, it was completely silent and had an empty feeling.

     “Where is everyone?” Sarah asked.

     “M-maybe they’re in a meeting?” Demetrious guessed.

     “All of them?!” Sarah cried. She then hung her head low in depression. “But I was looking so forward to getting my chain…”

     “H-how about we wait in a room then. T-they won’t mind.” Demitrius suggested.

     “Okay…” Sarah agreed. The two walked down the halls of Pandora, coming to a random room with a man there. He had golden blond hair with a very long braid reaching down his back, bright emerald green eyes, porcelain skin and wearing sapphire earrings. He wore a white shirt with a black vest over, a white ruffled collar, a large green overcoat with gold edges and black cuffs, white gloves, long white pants and white shoes with black at the bottom. He held a single red rose.

     “We finally meet.” The man suddenly said as he felt the two’s presence.

     “Huh?! W-what?!” Sarah stammered while turning a faint red.

     “I’ve been looking forward to seeing you.” The man said turning around to face Sarah and Demitrius. Sarah continued to blush, her face turning an even brighter red.

     “M-me?” Sarah asked feeling a little uncomfortable.

     “Yes! YOU!” The man said getting closer to Sarah. “For such a lovely and beautiful lady such as you,” he tosses the single rose, pulling out a bouquet, “please accept this. Thought, this is just a tribute to your beauty.”

     “W-who do you think you are, talking to the White Princess that way?!” Demitrius asked.

     “Whatever do you mean?” The man asked.

     “Demitrius! No!” Sarah said restraining Demitrius by the arm. “Don’t hurt him! You know I hate seeing other’s get hurt.”

   Looking into Sarah’s innocent eyes once again, Demitrius lowered his head and replied, “Yes my lady.”

     “Thank you.” Sarah said hugging Demitrius. She pulled herself away and then turned to the man. “What’s your name?”

     “Jack. Jack Vessalius.” Jack said bowing.

     “J-Jack...Vessalius? You’re the Jack Vessalius?” Demitrius asked.

     “The one and only! Now my lady,” Jack said taking both of Sarah’s hands and continuing, “please accept these flowers.”

     “O-okay.” Sarah said taking the flowers, flustering.

     “I forbid you to be with this man!” The young black girl, Yasmine, bellowed as she burst in through the doors.

     “Who are you?” Sarah asked.

     “Who am I you ask? I am Yasmine Lambert! I am in training with the great Xerxes Break!” Yasmine said striking some type of pose.

     “Who’s Xerxes Break?” Sarah asked with a very clueless face.

   Yasmine gasped and her face drops.

     “Are you kidding me?! Everyone’s heard about him!” Yasmine said. “Where have you been? The Abyss or something?”

     “N-no I- wait, Abyss? I wouldn’t even be here right now! There’s no way I’d become an illegal contractor!” Sarah said. “Do you even know who I am? I’m the White Princess of the Hollenbeck royal family.”

     “You two look like you’re getting along very well.” Break said appearing in between the two girls’.

     “UWAH!! Who are you?!” Sarah asked jumping back, startled.

     “My apologies’, Princess. I am Xerxes Break and I am the contractor of Mad Hatter.” Break said taking off his hat and bowing to Sarah and placing his hat back on.

     “If I may, I would like to continue my conversation with my guest.” Jack said taking Sarah’s arm and pulling her close. She turned a tomato red.

     “I’m sorry, Oz. But I have to take Sarah to get her chain.” Break said. “Now come along Princess.”

     “W-wait! Are you even part of Pandora?” Sarah asked.

     “Yes.” Break said. “Now please. Come with me so you may get your chain.”

     “O-okay…” Sarah said shyly. Jack murmured under his breath, releasing the flustered girl who left the room with Break. Hey wait, why did he call Jack, Oz?

~***~

     “You b*****d, you can’t get away from me, Rylie the illegal contractor hunter!” A girl with long blond hair, bright sapphire eyes and peach skin with freckles all over her face bellowed. Rylie wore a black T-shirt, a red leather jacket, black slacks and white boots.

   A dragon chain stood next to her, a beam of red light coming out as it hit the opposing chain and its contractor. A large hole appeared the chain and its contractor slowly falling in.

     “Great job Ephraim.” Rylie praised. “That didn’t trigger anything of your memory……did it, Alice?”

     “Unfortunately, no.” Alice said. She has long brunette hair with two long skinny braids, amethyst eyes and pale skin. She wears a white dress shirt, a very short black skirt, white lace up boots and a red trench coat with white cuffs and diamonds on the side.

     “Darn……I thought for sure-”

     “I’m hungry. I want meat, Oz. Get me some meat.” Alice quickly interrupted.

     “Don’t talk to my master like that stupid rabbit!” A man with seaweed jet black unruly and unkept hair, golden topaz eyes and pale skin bellowed. He wore a white shirt and gloves with a gold design, black pants, shoes, hat and an over coat.

     “What’d you call me seaweed head?!” Alice asked.

     “Oz! Alice and Gil are fighting again!” Rylie said.

     “Uhg…Just let them at it for a minute while I go get some meat for Alice again.” Oz sighed, walking off. He has similar looks like Jack, but he has short golden hair. He is wearing a long sleeved white dress shirt, a red tie, a black vest with golden edges, green plaid shorts, and brown buckle boots.

     “Wait! I’ll go with you!” Rylie said running after Oz.

~***~

Sarah and Break had returned back into the room where Demitrius and Jack were waiting, the two quickly bolting up.

     “M-mistress! What chain do you have?” Demitrius asked.

     “White Queen. Break told me she has the power to heal others.” Sarah said.

     “W-White Queen? I’ve heard she was the purest chain ever.” Demitrius said.

     “Now that I have my chain, let’s head back to the castle.” Sarah said. “Oh! But first, let’s go back to the town.”

     “Y-yes my lady.” Demitrius said and the two walked out.

     “Isn’t there something you left back at the town, Oz?” Break asked.

     “Hmmm? I don’t know what you- Oh no! My pocket watch!” Jack said panicking. “�™め! Wait for me! There is something I left in that town you’re headed too!”

   Sarah spun around to see Jack running up to them.

     “Is something the matter Jack?” She asked.

     “I left something very valuable in the town you headed to. If I may, I’d like to come along.” Jack said.

     “S-sure. That’s okay.” Sarah said flustering a little.

     “Thank you.” Jack said with a smile.

~***~

Oz and Rylie came back with two bags full of meat for Alice. Alice and Gil stopped fighting as Alice began to dig into her meal of meat.

     “Mrrm, mmmm, errm!” Alice muffled as she stuffed her face.

     “I think she likes it.” Rylie said giggling.

     “I think it’s over here.” A voice said.

     “Who’s that?” Rylie asked. She left the group to see who said that and saw Jack, with Sarah and Demitrius following behind him. “Who are they?”

     “Jack, slow down.” Sarah said. Her hood was over her head, now that they were back in town.

     “So the guy with blond hair is called Jack but,” Rylie said now looking at Sarah and Demitrius, “who are they?”

     “M-my lady, Sarah-” Demitrius began.

     “Sarah? Where have I heard that name before?” Rylie pondered.

     “-What’s wrong Demitrius?” Sarah asked.

     “Demitrius? Of course! She’s the White Princess of the Hollenbeck royal family.” Rylie said.

     “Are you sure you can trust this man?” Demitrius asked.

     “Demitrius. You worry about me too much. Please stop.” Sarah said.

     “B-but what if something-”

     “I hear it again.” Sarah said, interrupting Demitrius again. She walked away from Jack and Demitrius, Jack turning around to see her walking into an ally way with Demitrius following after her.

     “Hmmm? Did she find it maybe?” Jack wondered as he followed.

   Rylie decided to check out what was happening too and followed behind in the shadows, leaving Alice, Oz, and Gil.

     What is this tune I hear? Why can't anyone else hear it? Why am I the only that can hear it? These thought’s ran through Sarah’s head as she walked down the darkened ally way.

   There was a bright light up ahead and what Sarah saw was a plan silver pocket watch. She walked over to it, picked it up and stared at it as though hypnotized by its beauty.

     “That’s it! That’s my pocket watch I lost.” Jack said racing over to Sarah who held the watch. Jack laid his hand on Sarah’s shoulder, snapping her out of her trance.

     “Do you hear it?” Sarah asked.

     “Excuse me?” Jack asked.

     “The sad, unknown melody?” Sarah continued. “Do you hear it?”

     “I’m afraid I don’t know what you're talking about.” Jack said sadly.

     “But it’s coming from this.” Sarah said turning to Jack. Jack looked amazed at Sarah. He took her hands and replied with a mischievous grin, “You can keep this if you want. I’ve got plenty more.”

     “R-really?” Sarah asked turning a bright red.

     “Yes. And if only you can hear something coming from this, then I guess it was meant to be yours all along.” Jack said. He released Sarah’s hands and took her free one, kissing it. “Till we meet again.” And he walked off leaving Sarah bamboozled.

     “W-we should be leaving as w-well my princess.” Demitrius said.

     “Okay.” Sarah said, the two heading back into town.

~***~

Rylie had walked passed Jack, assuming that there wasn’t anything she could learn now, so she headed back to Oz, Alice and Gil.

     “There you are Rylie. Where did you go?” Oz asked.

     “Oh, I uhhh……Went out to find more illegal contractor’s!” Rylie lied.

     “Did you find any?” Gil asked.

     “No. I couldn’t find any.” Rylie sighed sitting down.

     “We’ll find Alice’s memories no matter what!” Oz declared.

     “Yeah.” Rylie said staring off into space, munching down on some of the meat her and Oz got.



© 2013 PokemonFan#1


Author's Note

PokemonFan#1
I really felt like I had to make this longer [much longer than it already it], but I just couldn't think of anything else to put for this chapter.

I hope you enjoyed it!

Please remember to review!

*Edit 1* I changed some very small things like: Jack never hears what Sarah's name is. He olny hears "Princess" "White Princess" and "My lady" etc. And I also changed Rylie's Chain name to Ephraim and Demitrius has a monocle (a one glasses piece)

*Edit 2* I went over and edited a few things that needed to be fixed (I tried to figure out how to edit the others looks, but I couldn't...maybe later I'll figure it out)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pandora Hearts rocks and this seemed really in tune with the real character's personalities from the anime... especially loved the new ones, Sarah only being able to hear the distant melodies, and it's very descriptive!!! Well penned ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very interesting chapters. I like the characters. You create good situation and people with different needs and problems. You have my attention. I will keep reading. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


"We're heading to Pandora Headquarter's----Headquarters’

Sarah asked getting eratated---irritated

"Are you imaginating thing's again?"----imagining things

"W-well, we can't get destracted b-by any thing right now. ----distracted anything

He took ahold of Sarah's wrist and pulled her along. ----hold

A man figure said susspisiously. ----suspiciously

The black girl asked energeticly----energetically

Now, let's take a carrage there so we can get there first." ----carriage

When they opened the door, it was compleatly silent and had an empty feeling.----completely

very, very, very long braid reaching to his ancles, ---ankles

He tosses the single rose, pulling out a handfull. ----handful

Looking into Sarah's inosent eyes----innocent

lowered his head and relpied, ----replied

Your the Jack Vessalius?" ----You're

"please accept these flower's."----flowers

Sarah said taking the flower's and blushing.----flowers

The young black girl, Yasmine, bellowed as she burst through the door's.----doors

There's no way I'd become an illegal contracter!" ----contractor

Break said appearing inbetween the two girl's.----in between girls

"My apoligize's Princess. -----apologizes

I am the contracter of Mad Hatter." -----contractor

Rylie the illegal contracter hunter-----contractor

A dragon chain stood next to her, a beam of red light coming out as it hit the opossing chain and its contracter. ----opposing


"Unfortunatly, no." ------Unfortunately

She has long brunette hair with two long skinny braids, amithyst eyes and peach pale skin. ----amethyst


Alice interupted.----interrupted


A man with jet black unrully and unkept hair, golden yellow eyes and pale skin bellowed. He wore a white shirt,white gloves with a gold design, black pants, shoes, hat and over coat.----A man with jet black unruly and unkept hair, golden yellow eyes and pale skin bellowed. He wore a white shirt, white gloves with a gold design, black pants, shoes, hat and over coat.


, green plade shorts and brown buckle shoes.----plaid

Oz and Rylie came back with two bag's full of meat for Alice. ----bags

My lady, Sarah-" Demitrius bagan.----began

Sarah said frezzing. ---freezing

she walked down the darkend ally way.----darkened

Sarah's shoulder, snaping her out of her trance.----snapping

And if only you can hear something coming from this, then I guess it was ment to be your's all along." ----meant yours

Rylie asuming that there wasn't anything she could learn so she headed back to Oz, Alice and Gil.----assuming

Went out to find more illigle contracter's!" -----Went out to find more illegal contractor’s!"

"Unfourtunatly, I couldn't find any." -----Unfortunately


"We'll find Alice's memory's no matter what!" ----memories

Oz declaired.----declared

Rylie said stareing off into space, ---starring

nice chapter if you fix the errors, It was kind of distracting but good concept :)





Posted 11 Years Ago


Great write **

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love how you brought Jack into the chapter. (:



Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
I honestly fell in love with the names, they just made me go starry eyed. This was really cool, Sarah sounds beautiful and Yasmine sounds like SOME girl I know, and I literally fell in love with Demitrius's name!

Posted 11 Years Ago


PokemonFan#1

11 Years Ago

So very happy you liked it Jamie! If you want to know, chapter 2 and 3 are finally up!
A bit long, but hey if a chapter's gotta be long, then a chapter's gotta be long. Love the beginning, and how you described everyone in such great detail. If this was based on an anime (I think it was because I SWEAR I heard it somewhere before) then this is pretty good! Does this have an english dub or is it only an anime with japanese subs? Anyways, nice intro :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


PokemonFan#1

11 Years Ago

There's a sight where you can watch Pandora Hearts: http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/pandora-hearts-ep.. read more
Well I've never heard of Pandora Hearts, so this is new to me.I have no idea what the "chain" is or does, but I suppose that's a good thing for now, I get surprises. Other than some grammatical errors, this was a great beginning. Now on to the next chapter. . .

Posted 12 Years Ago


PokemonFan#1

11 Years Ago

Chapter 3 is up ^-^
Yay! I like it! although I think Yazzy would jump you in real life and squish your checks if you wore a dress that cute ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


It was good! Hah, Gil and Break are my top two favorite characters in the manga, so I love how you included them here. (:
I want to know how this story plays, out. Keep writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

632 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 15, 2012
Last Updated on March 11, 2013
Tags: Pandora Hearts


Author

PokemonFan#1
PokemonFan#1

In a land only Alice was said to go to; through the tunnle and down the rabbit hole; Wonderland, AZ



About
I am.... ☐ Single ☐ Taken ✔ Mentally married to Jack Vessalius I am a Pokémon geek, Mormon, singer, artist, writer and a picky eater.... I like to read mang.. more..

Writing
Chap 1 Chap 1

A Chapter by PokemonFan#1



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..