If You Say You Love Me

If You Say You Love Me

A Poem by Dhara_Ditzy Kat
"

Hypothetically sentimental

"
Breathe me into you
Hold me in, as long as you can
Release me with love

Think of me as a wave
as lost as you, in the sea
Struggling for a shore

Keep me as a thorn
Concealed in your heart
Claiming a bit of its flesh

Don’t ever forget me
Lock me in a small iron case
But bring me out sometimes

Don’t cry much in the dark
Your sobs do have a way
of shaking me in my tomb

© 2018 Dhara_Ditzy Kat


Author's Note

Dhara_Ditzy Kat
Sorry this is half-baked. Too many glitches in my brain.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Many a man will tell a woman what she wants to hear just to loosen her knickers elastic....been there , done it, I'm ashamed to say.
All of us wanna be loved, I'm lucky being now extremely happily married 25 years, but for many they end up accepting second best as that is better than nowt.
Good morning Miss.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

GoodMorning Mr. Gee, 😺
I don’t really feel you should be ashamed of sowing some wild oat.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.



Reviews

It is impossible to read and know you and not love you Ditzy! But I would never put this Kitty in an iron box we all know what happens when we taket wild things into captivity... they die! The best we can do is just watch them from afar and see them shine they way they are:) and shine you do dear poetess friend! now how did I miss this one?

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robert Trakofler

4 Years Ago

I hope you are spared from the locusts out there as if you folks need any more problems:(
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

4 Years Ago

We are a packed and crowded nation 😿 if anything, the tragedy here may be of unprecedented propor.. read more
Robert Trakofler

4 Years Ago

I know kitty i have been very worried for you:( you are in my thoughts!!!!
Ah, wow; this is sad! Its like a plea to be something to him. I expecialy liked the part about how his sobs rock your tomb. You clearly love him and even though in his prison you still comfort him. Through all the barricades he affects you. I hope youll be able to walk hand in hand with him- as he means so much. Ah, i love this one! Its 100% rodent free! ;)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

Thank you Sarah. This poem is an assortment of feelings gathered over time. Some felt good enough to.. read more
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

Myself.........
This is not half backed, this is well done.. exceedingly well done & surely my most favourite poem of your's that I have so far stopped to consider and enjoy... tis true, I tell ya.... Neville

Posted 5 Years Ago


Oh stop! Not a single glitch do I see..now I do hear "Keep me as a thorn" as "Keep me lost and torn" but it is just my mind and this is your poem so ignore me. You have cut deeply into my heart with this poem . Simply said," Your job as a poet is done and done well" and I can't think of any other way to say it. If I am not completely wrecked by the end of my poetry, every poem I write, then I have failed. The value of poetry lies in the emotion for the reader and not in meter or rhyme nor entertainment, although those are factors depending on what you are writing about so you have greatly succeeded in this being about love. So..don't be so hard and don't expect more than what you are because that is where it all stems from...reality. You! Your experiences and losses and many lives I am sure and tuna on rye as well..lol. Now I have to go reply to your request because this one is just amazingly written and I love to surround myself with amazing artists/poets....so request appreciated and accepted with enthusiasm. I believe your are going to help in becoming a better poet with your writing alone, and if not...well then you're history...lol I'm so just kidding, Thank you Dhara! Yep, not saying that name if that's okay..hahha. I prefer your first name Dhara so thank you for that and thank you foryour poem Dhara~

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

I’m a humble poet, who lives to write on love and all the ditzy matters of the human heart. I thri.. read more
Perdition

5 Years Ago

 My pleasure and i get the feeling you won't have any problems living up to any expectations poetry.. read more
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

You’re welcome Perdition! Have a weekend too :)
be close and hold me
let go gently resisting

feel me needing you
as we go our seperate ways

disavow the splitting sting
as oneness reemerges as two

repeatedly conjure
our intimate moments

not one sorrow for loss
least two bleed as one








Posted 5 Years Ago


VALORMORE DE PLUME

5 Years Ago

How could I not be inspired? You portray the feminine side so well. Yet I sense the passion you hold.. read more
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
VALORMORE DE PLUME

5 Years Ago

Ever welcome in my whimsical world of wonders.
The first part, I thought it was gonna be about smoking weed...which I was, so I was sort of relaxing into the idea. Then I was tossed into a heaving sea!I barely escaped with my life, given my stonish state. By the time you got done pokin' me with yer dratted thorns, I was only too happy to shove ya into a little iron box.
Yer in there now, though, arentcha Kitty? If ya feel yerself gettin' shaken, I'm not cryin'. That'll just be me...laughing...

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

Lol. Because you were smoking weed, you were banished to the depths of the sea. Spluttering and spit.. read more
That word, love.
Opens all sorts of doors at that moment in time.
Actually, love followed by hate. Sort of flow together.
Would you have it any other way?

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

Nooo...I like bitter chocolate after a sumptuous dinner Paul. Thanks for stopping by ;)
Paul Bell

5 Years Ago

See if can find a shop that does bitter chocolate.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A sentimental poem, indeed. Yet one of contrasting thoughts and emotions.

I read this as being content and happy in the throes of romance and love yet also deep within, worrying about the possibilities of this romance ending. Wanting to be breathed in, attached to the flesh forever as a thorn, kept securely locked away in the heart shaped box of a lover, are thoughts that we all have, i believe. It speaks of a strong depth to the love and an anxiety towards ever possibly losing it. Nothing is guaranteed in this life, but if the two are like waves, lost at sea, struggling for a shore as you have written, the chances of them landing ashore together is more than likely possible.

I enjoyed this poem. Simply written and constructed but infinitely heartfelt. I am sure your thorn will forever remain attached and your love treasured closely in that heart shaped box.

Nicely written, Miss Ditzy.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

Good Morning dear Poet...
I'm glad you appreciate this simple poem in a simple format. It doe.. read more
.

5 Years Ago

You would rather he smiled all the time than frowned. See it from that point of view.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Breathing in and letting go. A thorn claiming its bit of flesh. Contrasts here, but that's love for you and I feel you are talking about love here. Ditzy you are full of surprises, these lines softer by far.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

It's a nice place to be :)
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Just re-read Ditzy, just as good second time round. Big hello to to you :))
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

Thank my dear most friend! I missed you and am very happy to see you 💕
You have a knack of portraying ideas in a delightful and charming manner, Dhara. This is quite different from your previous works which I've read (not so in-your-face and much more tender ;) ), and it has even more qualities than those pieces.

"Think of me as a wave
as lost as you, in the sea
Struggling for a shore " ......... Beautiful!

It was a bit weird that the voice can be both hurting and trapped as well as liberating and free. If it's love you are talking about then it does make sense, but if it's a person, then I'm not sure.
I wonder why you wrote it like that.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

Thank you for such a thoughtful review Agyani. This poem, as I see it, is about the inevitable cours.. read more
Agyani

5 Years Ago

Oh. No, no, no. Don't do that, preparing yourself for sad times!
Two reasons.
1. No .. read more
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

Ooooh! I love your advice Agyani! I'll remember all of it. I have my mask on. Now running off to get.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

672 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 25, 2018
Last Updated on October 25, 2018

Author

Dhara_Ditzy Kat
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

Shillong, , India



About
from Imgflip Meme Generator from Imgflip Meme Generator from Imgflip Meme Generator Love, ~ Dhara (Ditzy) 💕 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..