Its What I See

Its What I See

A Poem by QuietPoet
"

What is it you see? In yourself, in others.. Sometimes you see good. And other times you see things that others might not see..

"

 

 

 

Its What I See

Is there something you all see

That I can not seem to see?

You see this girl that is sweet

Beautiful and pretty

Responsible and smart

But why is it all I see is

A girl that is broken

Beautiful disaster and terrified

Irresponsible and stupid..

Broken because of the past

A beautiful disaster because I break

Terrified to let someone in..

Irresponsible because of debt

Stupid because of my mistakes

Is there something you all see

That I can not seem to see?…

 

 

Someone told me this about me:

I see someone who is afraid.

I see someone who hopes, but lingers on the present

I see someone who lives, but sometimes doesn't know what the point is.

I see someone who laughs, but often to hide her true feelings

I see someone who can be great, though they are already a wonderful person

I see someone who puts everyone else in this world before herself, even if it means giving other things up

I see you, Kylie. I see through that smile to the core of what no one else can see, and I love every inch of you for who you are and everything you will become...

© 2008 QuietPoet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorry it took so long for me to get to this wonderful poem. I love the way you just put it out there. There is nothing about you that is fanatsy. Your style is in your face with creativity and power. Thank for waking me up this morning with this read request. Excellent piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


All of what you write is so honest, which is why I love your stuff so much. That'a really all I can say.

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow. an amazing piece. i think you did a great job. :)
i really liked it, and the way you were like talking to yourself was very different.
you did a beutiful job. :) it's very inspiring.
=)

Posted 15 Years Ago


hmm i once asked people that question amoung others such as, did i grow up as you expected? yeah and there answers were colorful demon spots reply: "No, you have no emotion, your all i don't care, i hate you" the rest were more nice, but when i wasn't there...it makes a difference, but i wont go into that.

people will see and say what they want its up to you to prove them wrong or right.

Great poem!



Posted 15 Years Ago


I like the structure and transparency, Its a very unique vantage-point.
Excellent Write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is an amazing piece! i really liked it, we always find it hard to see things about ourselves and we always seem to only see the worst in ourselves as well. Its a good thing to surround yourself with people who can help you see all the wonderful things than we normally overlook in ourselves. Keep on writing, you have a great talent!
laceyjane

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ill start by saying wow...I see a battered but beautiful soul. We have all been broken. We have all felt silly or stupid for mistakes. What sets you apart from the ones that are actually stupid is that you have learned from these mistakes. There are times when the storm clouds seem to blot out the sun and there is only depression and despair. The reason that you only see your short comings is that you are a humble person. Do not fret my friend, it cant rain forever, even though it seems like it might. A lovely write, as always. Thank you for sending this request my way.

JadedSparrow

Posted 15 Years Ago


sounds like you have someone in your life that can see what you might not be able to. I can deeply relate to this.. hearing from others how great you are and what potential you have hearing the words "you're bright, you can do anything you put your mind to" and somehow just dismissing the words as a quaint proper thing to say because you couldn't imagine they really saw those things in you.. things you could never see in yourself. It is in those people that you must live through their eyes... see what they see and realize the past has clouded the image of yourself... what if you WERE the person they saw? Wouldn't that be something? Great piece my friend...

Posted 15 Years Ago


ive seen a poem writen simaler to this and i like the layout and your words just make the poem come alive very good job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I have to agree with Lori. Most people cannot see how special they are. You have someone blatantly telling you that you are special. Don't take that for granted.

If you think you are broken, try and figure out why. Everyone has done things in the past that they regret or wish they hadn't done. No one is unfixable. The only thing you can do in that situation is try and make yourself a happy and content person. If you can make yourself happy, then you can start to let others make you happy.

Don't be too hard on yourself, trust me, what ever mistake you made or how ever bad you think your past is. There is someone who has done the same thing you did or worse. You are not alone in how you feel. Share how you feel with your someone special and see what they have to say.

OH! I almost forgot to review the poem:
It was well thought out and very thought provoking. How would others see me in all honesty? that is a good question. But not one to really dwell on too much.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 14, 2008
Last Updated on September 14, 2008

Author

QuietPoet
QuietPoet

Las Vegas, NV



About
Hello, my is kylie, I havent been on here for a long time, i haven't written in years so bare with me. Reading all my old stuff brings back a lot of memories. I have a husband and twin girls, i would.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..