Chapter 8: New to the Game

Chapter 8: New to the Game

A Chapter by Rachel

     Let me say that again. I tripped…over a vampire.

     The despicable creature attacked me, apparently thinking I was a human. I took it(him?) by the back of the neck and heaved. He went flying and I was on top of him before I could stop myself, having changed in an instant to a more suitable opponent.

     I bared my fangs, my fur ruffled by the mere thought that he had attacked me. I saw myself in his terrified eyes as he tried to flinch away. A great wolf that looked more like a dog. I growled and pulled my lip up into a smirk that he probably would mistake as a snarl. Then I leaned in and licked him on the face, leaping away in time to see his shocked face. Then I changed back into a human and helped him up.

     “Oh no, help, help, vampire.” I smiled. “Not quite what you expected, huh?”

     He stood, the dirty rags that hung off of him making him look pitiful. He spoke in a full British accent. “No, not really. You don’t really smell like anything but a normal human, but” he wrinkled his nose, “it’s not really like I have enough experience to know.” I noticed he was shaking with hunger.

     I took him by the shoulder and looked him in the eye. “How long have you been…like this?”

     He shook his head. “Maybe two weeks.”

     “You really ought to have been a little more scrupulous with your meals,” I said dryly, “Now the police are in you’re business.”

     He shook his head. “I…I was just so hungry. I couldn’t…” I saw his fangs grow and pinned him to the wall. He fought to get away, going for what smelled like a young woman wearing way too much Chanel. I leaned forward and put my mouth beside his ear.

     “I’m going to let you go. This is how you do it. Knock her out, don’t kill her, I’m serious about that. Bite her and then just take your teeth out of her flesh and, ugh, drink like it’s a fountain. Okay?” He looked at me, eyes wild, but lucid, and nodded. I let him go.

     It was so fast that if I hadn’t been a supernatural creature I may not have caught it. He leapt forward and caught her by the arm and lightly tapped her head to his, she went limp. He bit her then put his lips to her skin as if laying a kiss to her neck. I leapt forward to stop him before he drained her.

     I pulled back his head and looked into his eyes. They cleared as the moment drew on and he handed her to me. The bite healed before my eyes.

     “Stay here.”

     I walked in and set her on the inside of the bar, the bartender looked at me, but said nothing. When I stepped out the door he was back at my side looking into my eyes this time.

     “Is she okay?” He didn’t look nearly as bad now. He wasn’t shaking and he wasn’t quite so pale.

     I nodded and he relaxed. We went around the corner, up the fire escape, and into my room. He seriously needed some clothes…and a bath.



© 2008 Rachel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is very good that is all I have to say...

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

429 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 13, 2008


Author

Rachel
Rachel

Ratcliff, AR



About
Well, I'm ever so slightly insane, to start with. In my opinion, insanity is a necessity for any artist, be they writer, singer, player, or doodle-bug. I love to write, though I often get stuck, and l.. more..

Writing