Chapter 7: Problems

Chapter 7: Problems

A Chapter by Rachel

I stepped off of the train feeling hopeful. This might actually work, I thought, maybe I can do this.

  That hope was way off.

     First I started like I always do, feeding off of the common stupidity. Nothing. Not even a ghost story. It was all Jack the Ripper this and the Black Plague that. Who cares about some dude with a power trip or a bunch diseased rats! I wanted Dracula, d****t, and I wanted him now!

     Then I tried the animals. Animals normally know more than people. They listen more. Not to mention they have better senses. But I got the same result there.

     By the end of the day I had done everything I could think of and was about to strangle somebody out of frustration. I was sitting in the bar that the ever thoughtful Julie and her band of miscreants had set up as my housing for this portion of the game, drowning my sorrows in fried mushrooms and alcoholic Cappuccino concoctions. Just as I was about to go pass out in my room, I heard something that resurrected my dead hopes.

     “Yeah, there’s been 10 found dead in the last two weeks alone.” a man on a cell phone paused for a response, or, more likely, a question. “Well,” he started again, looking troubled, “They’ve all been drained of blood and left in the open, with hundred dollar bills sticking out of the pockets. We suspect that the killer felt remorse after he committed the crimes” A pause. “Yeah, could be.” Another pause. “Thank you, we can use all the help we can get.”… “Yeah, bye.” He snapped his cell phone shut. He looked at me.

     “Ever had a job you just absolutely hate?” he asked, then slapped a 20 on the table and jogged away.

     I sat there, practically vibrating. I drained my on-the-house drink and ran for the door. I paused right outside the door as the cool night air filled my lungs and cleaned away the feel and smell of smoke on my clothes. I walked swiftly forward. And tripped…On a vampire.



© 2008 Rachel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

what the hell I loveee this amazing job I am not writing much because I am going to the next chapter I love this you really have talent.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 13, 2008


Author

Rachel
Rachel

Ratcliff, AR



About
Well, I'm ever so slightly insane, to start with. In my opinion, insanity is a necessity for any artist, be they writer, singer, player, or doodle-bug. I love to write, though I often get stuck, and l.. more..

Writing