Our Lives..

Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain
"

Just thoughts on life,and this New Year..

"

"Having a terminal cancer has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing.

"I'm not sure why life goes like that. But often in those moments when our life seems to be at its lowest, we are taught the most profound lessons. Life can be so unforgiving and cruel, and yet still possess a breathtaking beauty. As humans, we tend to separate ourselves for the most shallow and selfish of reasons. But in the end, our sameness should always erode away our differences. We all will experience pain and loss on this journey. We all will have our brief moments of chest-pounding triumph, to be followed by the crushing reality that we are also the frailest and weakest of beings.

"My hope for the New Year is for people to understand how fleeting our health, our wealth and our social status can be; that life is a blend of all things, both good and bad, for all people. I hope that we learn to see that sameness - and know that, all in all, life is good.''

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bless you Rain for that brave and true Poem, I wish you many years of joy with your wonderful family and friends, the watch your life and situation with so much brave, you admire the good part of life, and you willing to forget the bad. Life is so fragile, everything you got can be changed, I always say, health is the most imortant thing, all come after.

Happy and healthy new year, enjoy your grandchildren they are wonderful Yossi

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very deeply felt & written. Sorry to hear of the diagnosis. It is a journey that must be endured, and I have seen many friends make that trip in the past few years. All faced it with courage and reality as it seems you are doing. Spend the time you can with those children and grandchildren my friend. They will carry your memory with them for years to come!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rain, this was a very true and endearing piece. You always speak with wisdom. I love these line cause they say it all!

that life is a blend of all things, both good and bad, for all people. I hope that we learn to see that sameness - and know that, all in all, life is good.''

I wish you a very happy and healthy new year my friend!
Beautifully expressed!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

As usual, you have a way with words, taking us into your thought, making it fit into our minds and heart, motivating the thought process. Simply beautiful, and beautifully simple.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well put my friend, words to save in a treasure chest. I miss you brother.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Have a telehug my friend. You are a joy to know

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful are these words etched in truth and wisdom.

My best to you and yours from me and mine for a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Love,
Lesa

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

how very true... life is precious and at the drop of a hat it can change dramatically...

i wish you and your family a merry christmas and a healthy new year...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have those words printed across my dresser surrounded by smiley faces to remind me. "Life Is Good"

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I have lost a Grandmother to cancer. When she was gone, it made me realize how little time we spend on this planet. In losing her, I have realized to accept everything that happens, the good and the bad. Life does have it ups and downs, and their are people who think they are so much better because of money or their job title. But in the end, we all live and then we all die. We are more alike then a lot of people will ever admit. I believe people should just learn to enjoy their life while they have it. Everything can be stripped from you in the blink of an eye. I have lost a lot of family members, and friends. I believe I am blessed to have the family I have, and the friends I have and will meet. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New year, and hope you get to spend as much time with your loved ones as possible.
- Dysis

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A true blessing for those of us who are acquianted with you, Rain, is that we have had the rare opportunity to have a your thoughts in our lives. There is that invaluable substance that everyone who reads your work can never walk away from without taking something priceless with them. Thanks for giving us that. Many of us choose to face our mortality and many of take on the event of it in our own way. This piece offers a perspective that offers a reader a true gift of admiration to those who take on the event their own with such pinache. My best wishes of the coming year to you and yours.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

2539 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 17, 2008
Last Updated on December 17, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..