Different Deluge

Different Deluge

A Poem by Candle in the wind

You walked in with the rain
The feather like drizzle
The breeze fringed with the spray
Of sprinkling showers
Your presence induced the heavy downpour
Walking or driving through the rain
Or just snuggling up indoors
Rain pelting on the window pane
Storm raging within
Whenever it rained there you were
Like a singing bird on my window sill
Filling my being with melody
The cool breeze with the fizz of raindrops
Wafting me or my thoughts away to you
 
 
Now when it rains those memories drift in
If I am alone
And then it is a different deluge
Which blurs my vision
Those moments dissolve and flow out

© 2008 Candle in the wind


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with Phil....This is delightfully written.

Whenever it rained there you were
Like a singing bird on my window sill
Filling my being with melody
The cool breeze with the fizz of raindrops
Wafting me or my thoughts away to you

This is comforting and brings with it such a gentle breeze, ministering to the soul. A nice write, as always-Raj! :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Storm raging within
Whenever it rained there you were
Like a singing bird on my window sill
Filling my being with melody"

This was my favourite stanza....beautiful.

Well penned with great imagery. Loved the picture too.

Thank you for again for submitting to my Loneliness contest.

~ Helena ~

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When the cause of loneliness is due to the missing sunshine in your life...
It will indeed bring on a different deluge. Tears to clense the spirit and
mend a bruised heart. A wonderful write emphasizing the starkness of loneliness...
as a black cloud hovering over you and blotting out the sun.
Love/Liz/angelinmypocket

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh wow my friend how I missed your writing, you just have such a gentleness in your words that could tame even the most savage of souls.

Wonderfully soothing, thanks for sharing. Loved the imagery that just so perfectly suits my mood today!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
I love the rain Raj. Your gentle way of writing is always a pleasant read, and now you have taken my pleasant memory and added an new element, the provoking thought of what the rain can bring, whether real or imagined. Thank you.
Larry


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This really struck me as we live life with the idea of love and how it should be and how badly it hurts when it is taken from us and how there in that place we seem to find the most simplest of clarity. The exist of what we are truly made of. Do we have the ability to stand up or will we be left to be this heap of self loathing hate that we find ourselves to be. The words that echo with in us seem almost haunting and destructive. I think you masterfully captured the clarity that seems to be there and the understand of the vivid capturing of all the moment surrounding that time.


Great Job!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

My goodness how things change when love drifts out of the window, everything becomes different. Things that once held warmth, hope and romance become icicles. You weave in and out beautiully with this and it reads so comfortably and sits in the readers mind for a while in order to soak in the enormity of your well-chosen words.
Kudos my friend, nicely put together.
Helen xxx

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is a wonderful display of your ability to express emotions to the reader with such perfect words. You go beyond feelings and words and paint a beautiful story. The first part of your poem with fantastic imagery and the rain create such a sensation, it is incredible. The second part of your poem gives a dose of reality...

"Now when it rains those memories drift in
If I am alone
And then it is a different deluge
Which blurs my vision
Those moments dissolve and flow out"

To feel the tears, and to know what you mean, to feel your pain--it is through your imaginative and lovely writing that I feel this. Your writing is enthralling!


Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

"Now when it rains those memories drift in
If I am alone
And then it is a different deluge
Which blurs my vision
Those moments dissolve and flow out"

This is really such a deep piece! I have a very similar writing like this based on the rain and personal emotions with it...
I love rain and these days It's raining 24*7 here even in Jaipur!
Great piece of writing, Beautiful indeed! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Such soft words that seem to float on air, moving and flowing like wind and rain... Your memory is so vivid and beautiful in every way.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

There is something definitely comforting and cozy about the gray skies and misty wind. Sitting by the window sill, staring out in vast is therapy.

You know I have always been waiting for your pieces. I always enjoy reading them, and this I waited for very long.

But was worth the wait.

Good form, good choice of words, well painted imagery, well imparted message.

A very good piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

929 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2008
Last Updated on September 1, 2008

Author

Candle in the wind
Candle in the wind

Calcutta, India



About
Flickering and blazing,not yet blown out in the wind... the flame has to sustain itself when the rains set in... Beyond norms and overrated sanity " We look before and after And pine for what i.. more..

Writing