Illusion of me

Illusion of me

A Poem by Revery
"

The need to express myself

"


I ache to splash my blood on the page,

to pour myself out, wonder, love and rage.
I am neatly put together, attempting perfect you see.
Few know the complex paradoxes of me.

© 2017 Revery


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
'I ache to splash my blood on the page'...the whole poem...loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Revery

11 Years Ago

Your attention to my poetry is flattering dear, than you so much.
Since nobody is perfect, I'm glad im a nobody.. :)

they say writing is simple.. you just cut your finger and let the words flow..

yess.. the neat ones.. i never did totally trust them hahah.. probably because im not as organized as i should be.. ... im hoping that being compicated just adds character otherwise im in the same dinghy with you my friend..

keep splashing on the pages ok, but use ink instead of blood..

good writers are hard to find.. and we need you around here, and eveywhere..

:)



Posted 11 Years Ago


Revery

11 Years Ago

Ya, the pain and mess made me rethink this method, lol.
Thanks man, appreciate you reading a.. read more
Antonio Valentino

11 Years Ago

haha..anytime my friend :)
the first 2 words grabbed me by the throat and drew me in...what wonderful contradictions and emotions in just 4 lines....and i choke on '4' lines....

Posted 11 Years Ago


Revery

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I have been surprised at how popular this has been, I spit it out in a few momen.. read more
brigid

11 Years Ago

those quickies are sometimes the very best....can tell it was soul driven.
You've just escaped from my thoughts....... this is exactly how I feel and the only way I can express this paradoxes of myself is in my writes..... have yet to write about rage.


Loved this :O)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Revery

11 Years Ago

Ya, I know, so many of us here relate so well. It's amazing. The anger? Me, either, I guess becau.. read more
Yellow Butterfly

11 Years Ago

I don't have an angry bone in my body.... so I think.... only rears it's ugly head behind the wheel .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
very well expressed emotions, we have many faces like you said complex paradoxes of me"us". great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Revery

11 Years Ago

Yes absolutely, I had this poem in mind when I reviewed yours. Thank you.
Pax

11 Years Ago

me too (it was on my mind thinking the similarity) and your welcome.
There is so much in this piece that I so love!!
First, it has the true power of the fascinating four lines.
Second, the excellent use of the word blood as an extended metaphor.
Third, wonderful rhyming scheme.
The theme is universal.
And I admire the poetic persona for choosing the intellectual value over emotional value, for preserving not the "gentleman's dignity"
but the self dignity in a deeper sense.
This piece is sublime dear Revery!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Revery

11 Years Ago

What a strong eloquent review you've given me, thank you soo very much.
This looks like an honest self portrait. It is not too narcissistic and it has a lot of self confidence hidden in it. Perfectionism or looking perfect are not the same thing. I think most true poems are sincere self portraits.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Revery

11 Years Ago

I appreciate your review. I take it as a strong compliment, thank you.
"I am neatly put together, attempting perfect you see" the way we cover pain and loss so the world cannot see how extreme we feel and what lengths we wish to go to relieve the pain. I can feel the edge to this poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Revery

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much, your insight is impressive.
Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Revery

11 Years Ago

Thank you Rayne. cool pic
Short and effective. In this case, less is more. Wonderful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2235 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 2, 2012
Last Updated on January 3, 2017

Author

Revery
Revery

TN



About
I am a technical writer by profession. I'm married with three wonderful children. My poetry deals with the struggles and contrasts between the spiritual and the sensual. My life has been rich and bl.. more..

Writing
Lavender Lavender

A Poem by Revery



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Once Once

A Poem by Revery


Lost Lost

A Poem by MOON