Proud to be a Girl!

Proud to be a Girl!

A Story by Sandra Nair

As you read this do not regret that you are wasting your precious time for unnecessary reasons. It is because you are not. You have stopped for a very important cause- Education. There are 66 million girls out of school. And I am the six crores sixty lakhs and 1th girl who is lucky to be educated " lucky to know what she herself is! And you are lucky if you can understand what I am saying. I am not telling you about the outer meanings; instead I am seeking you to dig into the inner core of the subject. ‘Education is the only solution’, said Malala. And it is time we work to find the solution to our problem, more difficult than Algebra or Mid-point theorem.




In many epics I have heard women pictured as symbol s of beauty. But then they’re mistaken. We are more than that. We are ‘Mother Teresas’. We are ‘Florence Nightingales’. We are ‘Sarojini Naidus’ .We are ‘Susmitha Sens’ and we are ‘Malala Yousafzais’. People must understand that the words ‘woman’ and ‘man’ are inter-connected. In one way, we can say that the word ‘woman’ was created by just adding two letters to the word ‘man’. In another way, we can say that the word ‘man’ was made by just taking three letters from the word ‘woman’. Either be the way, for the nature, man and woman are just like your heart and your brain. Let me ask you, which will you choose?




Girls are molested, women are hurt, and men create fun out of us by making cartoons. Still, we stand in our positions- to Eternity! I plead you to donate a small part of your sweat to Malala Fund or you can even contribute through your words, through your letters, through any of your talents or even by talking about this to others, you can help thousands of your brothers and sisters who are out of school. I call, not the leaders but you, you alone to work for a girl, she may be the one who you saw on the streets.




Let us together carve the faces of millions of smiling people… On the Diwali, along with the diyas, light the lamps of many others who can in turn be the future diyas!

© 2015 Sandra Nair


Author's Note

Sandra Nair
Read...Share....Start...The whole world is behind you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sandra i truly appreciate your work and words too.
i agree that only we can make the future better if we start working today but not just for us but for others too....keep writing i am sure one day your words will make a change, if you can't...
thanks for sharing....:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sandra i truly appreciate your work and words too.
i agree that only we can make the future better if we start working today but not just for us but for others too....keep writing i am sure one day your words will make a change, if you can't...
thanks for sharing....:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so amazing and great message to all. We should all must take responsibility by raising our voices and tell to the world what is happening to girls around the world right now. If can,please try to educate a child at least one. It would be the greatest thing that you ever done in your life. Sandra,keep going and please don't stop from writing, we all with you and support for you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sandra Nair

7 Years Ago

Dear, I know you'll be there with me, always. Undoubtedly, I agree with your opinion. I asked my mom.. read more
Meshalini

7 Years Ago

I'm happy to hear that. ..dear
Very true ....Great work....and i am with you second malala.....I am also among the one who is greatly inspired by malala and her thoughts and agree with her that education is the only solution...
Never leave writing second malala....
Keep on writing...
Take care...
Riddhi

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Riddhi, thank you. But how can you compare me with Malala. Pure insane, right now. I am just trying .. read more
Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Ya...I am always ready to do it together... but you never reply my messages!!!...I sent you one ...
Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Oo.. I replied
An inspiring piece this is girl!
Very true. All girls are powerful in their own way and worthy of respect.
Keep encouraging with your writings.
Salute to all girls !!
#girlpower

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Jess. Yes, we're all different in our own way. Let us empower ourselves. No body will sta.. read more
Inspiring write..Worthy of praise..keep enlightening..
United we stand!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Randhir. Yes, we can stand together and bring the good change. If you've a few minutes.. read more
This is a beautiful one and gives the right message.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Thank you,Avinash. My wish is that this message must spread to more people. I hope that it will happ.. read more
Sandra I am with you on this and I am sure many many more are with you and with the many underprivileged and suppressed sisters of ours.

Each one of us has to contribute in our own way. Spend time to teach a child if one can.

Keep writing and keep encouraging!


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

What you said is correct. People should avoid thinking that we were educated and that would make eve.. read more
nisha

8 Years Ago

Girls are madam curie! girls are anne frank,girls are neerja...
Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Yes,yes, Isha. Thank you for including more names.
Great essay - short, direct and to the point...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sandra Nair

8 Years Ago

Thank you.
Keep showering your opinions as I'm a teenager who needs to flow far ahead.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

518 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2015
Last Updated on November 9, 2015
Tags: malala, sandra nair, mother teresa, sarojini naidu, girl, molesting, pride, education, diwali, deepawali, speech, susmitha sen, role model, writing, blog, blogger.

Author

Sandra Nair
Sandra Nair

Kerala, India



About
"Oh,Sandra! Is there such a child in the class? This was the reaction of any of my classmates,if you happened to ask them about me. And now they know me, but that's the end. They know me,but not mo.. more..

Writing
A LIE A LIE

A Poem by Sandra Nair



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..