We Are The Nameless Ones

We Are The Nameless Ones

A Poem by R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
"

Sometimes all people want is to be noticed

"

We are the nameless ones, who no one knows

Forgotten ones, who sold our souls

With shallow hearts and distant goals

Knowing nothing, friends or foes

 

We are the lonely ones that are dead inside

So silent, no one knows whether we live or died

But to those who hate us, at least we tried

We search for purpose with our arms open wide

 

We are the outcasts, and the losers

We’re not the pickers, not the choosers

We all have scars, and we have bruises

We live this life because that’s just the way it goes

 

We fight our anxiety, to make us stronger

So we can live happily a little longer

We’re not wanted, but we’re not monsters

At the end of the day, even a loner needs company

 

We are the unwanted with no friends

Who’s plans fail to no end

There are no words that we can send

Because nobody will hear them

 

We sit silent in the corners

Between us and the others, there are borders

We don’t fit in with the latter or the former

There is no place for us, we are alone

 

As I sit silent in the school halls

I feel I can see it all

And to be honest I’m appalled

To see that I am worth less than the others

 

And I watch the students play

As they’re living out their day

But sitting alone by my locker I will stay

Because I’ve been forgotten

 

© 2017 R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)


Author's Note

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
This is pretty much how I felt in middle school and high school. I still feel this way. And I know I'm not the only one.


I very seldom reply to reviews, but I promise I read EVERY single one. I look forward to my next review, because it helps me learn. Even if it's just one word, I promise, I will be ecstatic to have the chance to hear what you have to say. Whenever you write something about my poems, or the themes of my poems, or criticize me it is not in vain. I will listen, learn and be thankful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Fantastic poem! I use the adjective "fantastic" a lot, don't I? Regardless, it was great. I really liked the rhyme scheme (AAAA BBBB CCCA DDDE FFFF GGGA HHHI JJJK). The third stanza when the A came back around, that was powerful. I really like the negative neutrality that this gives. It definitely shows how somebody in this position feels them as alone, unaffiliated, yet in a way that isn't like impartiality, but it has a negative connotation. 95/100 because a few lines seemed to have the rhyme scheme controlling it. Rhyme schemes should almost be coincidental, in my opinion. Wording should be just as natural as regular speech. Great poem!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

7 Years Ago

I'm happy to hear you liked it! And I really appreciate the review too.



Reviews

My heart felt like it dropped into my stomach when I read the very last line. Things like this happen often at times when you are an empathic soul like me..a great write though.. very sad... because I see it's truth.. and worthy of high marks.

Posted 3 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

3 Years Ago

Thanks for reading, glad you felt the emotion of the work.
light and ashes

3 Years Ago

You're welcome
I can't talk about thia, I should not actually. I've always been the other person. And now (actually from always), what I want is some time when I can be alone. Need a place where no one knows me. But I can't do that. I shouldn't do that.
Schools were an awkward place for everyone. So getting into those memories made me light hearted. Thanks for this.
Being critical: just the scansion part. I bet you can do that yourself now.
Love reading your pasts. I would be keeping up with your now in some days. Just need to know when you moved from narrative to dramatic poems. I've read about your conditions. It would be helpful.
Thanks for making it available.

Posted 3 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

3 Years Ago

I moved something like 2 years ago into a different style, or at least dipped my foot in. Eventually.. read more
Summer boy

3 Years Ago

Yes I also believe so. It takes years to perfect what this world has on what we enjoy. And after lea.. read more
My reply to you is a story you inspired from me. thank you. Your work makes me think. And most things i read here do not do this for the arrogance that is me.


The monster stares at the sea and finds himself alone
And not caring as the sun melts into the sea.
He watches the waves roll upon the beach and smiles as the little birds eat the crabs that are too stupid to remain hidden.
The monster stands and looks at the poet as his black boots touch the sand.
He nods and smiles and replies, “Good job. But not all the alone care if they are alone.”
The monster steps next to the poet and his heavy boots make footprints on the earth. He whispers in the poet’s ear, “Some just don’t care. And think for real, the world can die or live or be what it wishes to be?” The monster smiles and walks away as he states, “Destiny is not pre-decided.”
The monster walks away from the poet and the poet watches the opportunistic birds eat plenty from the little crabs that were too stupid to hide as the waves pull out.

Another wave rolls in and the birds take flight. The birds would rather not get wet as they eat the crabs that are too stupid to hide.


Posted 5 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

5 Years Ago

I'm glad I was able to inspire such a beautiful short story. I think that's one of the best reviews .. read more
This is a very impact-ful piece. Some truly can't find a place in high school. It can be an incredible relief to escape from.

Posted 5 Years Ago


An excellent read. You spoke for all of those who feel forgotten. Dreadful to know how worthless they feel.
This is a talented write.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

5 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. I wrote this over a year ago, and I only started writing around 2 years ago. .. read more
Sociopaths aren't always psychopaths.

Anti social doesn't always mean anti human.

But the stigma is strong and reinforces the view that they are worth less... even to themselves.

That's some pretty good writing... nice work f**k face.

Posted 5 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

5 Years Ago

Yeah, when your not accepted or wanted, you start to not accept or want yourself around even. It's k.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
It's beautiful description of your feelings... I won't say painful but yes you experienced something that's not enjoyable for me at least. I liked the flow of the words and the rhyming scheme... It's really a very good one! Thanks for sharing this creation of your's that overflowed from your creative brain.
I was just going to write write a poem on something related to "Schizophrenia" which would surely include a part of "Visual and Auditory Hallucinations" but after reading this, I think I must prepare for it a bit more. I shall be glad if you could help me or suggest things over that.
Anyways, back to the topic.... The poem was really awesome, keep sharing such poems...we love to read!
Good Luck!

Posted 5 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

5 Years Ago

Just let me know if you need help. I have schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder actually, bipolar .. read more
jack,you are a very talented writer on life in general,you should have a book deal somewhere

Posted 5 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

5 Years Ago

Thanks wordman, that’s nice of you to say. I’ll aim for that!
This is really powerful. Thank you for entering my contest I will definitely keep this poem in mind. This spoke to me and I could feel your pain through my own, it's quite an incredible feeling. x~

Posted 6 Years Ago


Big hugs. Things get better even though I know right now it doesn't feel that way. Writing about your pain is cathartic & cleansing. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

683 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 26, 2017
Last Updated on December 8, 2017
Tags: forgotten, Nameless, ones, we, are, the, high, school, depression, loner, lonely, unhappy

Author

R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)
R.J Calzonetti (SinisterPotatoe)

Burlington, Halton, Canada



About
Most of my poems can be differing lengths depending on the time you want to spend reading them. You can avoid reading anything brackets, or read it all. If you want an in-between, you can read only th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya


Webbed Webbed

A Poem by Saumya