Completed Chapter 12: "Changes"

Completed Chapter 12: "Changes"

A Story by Nariko
"

Chapter 12 of Completed

"

Hiroyuki heads to class. Before anyone could greet him, he walks over to Eiko. All the classmates were bewildered by his action. He greets Eiko. She greeted him back. Everyone was whispering amongst themselves and said, “Why is he suddenly being friendly to her? Didn’t she claim to hate him? She’s such a hypocrite.” She ignored what they said.


The bell ranged and the homeroom teacher came in the classroom. It became lunchtime. Classmates rushed to Hiroyuki’s desk but Hiroyuki got up and instantly ignored them. He went to Eiko’s desk and asked if he could join her for lunch? Eiko nodded her head in response. She could feel glares darting down her spine. She looks over Hiroyuki and sees her classmates shooting glares at her. She looked at Hiroyuki and said, “I change my mind. I want to just eat lunch with Rie.” Hiroyuki furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and asked concerned, “What made you changed your mind? Did I do something wrong?”


Eiko said, “No. That’s not it. I am not used to us being all friendly. It feels a bit uncomfortable.” After she said those words, the atmosphere became quiet. Rie looks at both Hiroyuki and Eiko in concern. She gets up from her seat and grabs Rie’s arm. They leave the classroom. He looks down and tightens his fist. Eiko is dragging Rie to the lunchroom. Rie calls Eiko’s name multiple times and then she pulls Eiko’s hand. She shouted, “EIKO!! What’s wrong? Why are you avoiding him for?”

Eiko stopped walking and said in a low voice, “I didn’t want our classmates to think badly of Hiroyuki for wanting to talk to me. I don’t mind if they talk badly of me but I can’t stand the thought of them doing that to him.” Rie starts to feel sad from hearing her words and hugs Eiko. She said softly, “I understand that you’re worried but Hiroyuki really wants to get along with you. It wouldn’t be polite for you to just turn him down. Be honest with him and talk it out.” Eiko said, “Later, I will.”


After lunch, they came back to the classroom. Classes resumed. Eiko noticed Hiroyuki feeling a bit down. He was sighing a lot and isn’t paying attention to the lessons. It was the end of the school day. Hiroyuki was going to leave but gets message of his phone. He checks his phone and it was a message from Eiko. The message said, “Meet me on the rooftop.” He walked quickly to the rooftop. He saw her staring at the sunset on the rooftop. He approached her slowly.


Eiko turns around and said, “I need to tell you something.” He looks into her eyes and said, “What is it?” She said in a clear voice, “The reason why I changed my mind before about eating lunch was due to our classmates disliking you talking and hanging out with me.” He replied quickly and loudly, “What do they have to do with anything? They don’t matter much! I can choose who I want to be friends with.” She looked at him seriously and said in a low and sad tone, “Because everyone looks up to you. I don’t want to destroy that image and I can’t stand if they ever talk badly about you due to you being with me.” After saying that, she looked down on the ground.


There was so many words he wanted to say but he couldn’t say anything back. He clenched his hands tightly and bit his lip. She said in a low voice, “We can talk at school but don’t ignore our classmates. They hanged out with you from the beginning. It’s not right for you to ignore them. They really respect you. That’s all I wanted to say. Please try to understand.” Eiko left quickly. He rustled his hair and pulled on it. He grunted and said to himself in a frustrated tone, “Why does it have to be so difficult?”

© 2020 Nariko


Author's Note

Nariko
ignore grammar problems, please tell me what you think of it? I hope you enjoy chapter 12 and thank you for waiting patiently for each chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
Added on June 18, 2018
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: anime-like story, gamers, comedy, highschool students, family, friends, conflict, romance, some cursing words, anime

Author

Nariko
Nariko

New york, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I like to watch anime,and read manga.I want to try posting some anime stories online.I wrote some stories myself but I don't let people read my stories because I think it's horrible.I would like to kn.. more..

Writing